• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TJS and group to form new party

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as a follow up to the forming of the sinkie first party, the lgbt community of sg is contemplating forming the sinkie fist party. all inductees of the sinkie fist party will be subjected to a deep indoctrination technique known as fisting. meanwhile, the fecal matter community of sg is mulling a bowel movement called the sinkie faeces party.

Good good lah......more choices better.

jw5

Loyal
Just vote opposition i.e. non MIW party, no matter who they are. :wink:

Better still if they were considered "hardworking and competent private secretaries but deemed not suitable to be ministry permanent secretary", by the same person who deemed the family as "exceptional". :rolleyes::biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They are nothing but a bunch of opportunistic clowns who would always be missing few years before a GE but the minute the Election Dept announces the date of the new GE, these chaps that you hardly heard of for the last 4 years would suddenly turn up in your neighbourhood the next day to canvass for votes..

Are you by any chance referring to wild mushrooms?

Mr Lui also told supporters a story about a village which was sheltered by special tall trees which protected it from storms. Yet the villagers were tempted by mushrooms which spouted only every five years.

He said: "The villagers asked, 'Are these mushrooms any good? They are so pretty. Shall we remove some of these tall trees and allow the wild mushrooms to grow?' And so the wise old man told them that these mushrooms may look pretty but some of them are poisonous, and 'if you associate too closely with them, these wild mushrooms will weaken us, stunt our growth, and retard our development. Leave them alone, protect the trees, these trees are special trees'."

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you by any chance referring to wild mushrooms?

Mr Lui also told supporters a story about a village which was sheltered by special tall trees which protected it from storms. Yet the villagers were tempted by mushrooms which spouted only every five years.

He said: "The villagers asked, 'Are these mushrooms any good? They are so pretty. Shall we remove some of these tall trees and allow the wild mushrooms to grow?' And so the wise old man told them that these mushrooms may look pretty but some of them are poisonous, and 'if you associate too closely with them, these wild mushrooms will weaken us, stunt our growth, and retard our development. Leave them alone, protect the trees, these trees are special trees'."

Was about to go to sleep when I saw your post showing this video of the fugly Tuck Yew..

BTW since 2001, I voted for these wild mushrooms from SDA (2001, 2006 ) and Captain Goh's NSP (2011)..

Its time we see the Hammers posters, banners flying around Tampines in 2016.. GMS might disagree with me but Tampines people wants a more credible Oppo party like the WP to contest here in 2 years time..

We have been waiting for the Workers Party since 1988..

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't really subscribe to this conspiracy theory. I can attest that the govt is making a lot of effort towards integrating foreigners and citizens. I read confidential email of MDA guideline to MSM, even at one point help to vet their propaganda (and vomit blood). Just for the S50 celebration, MCYS is spending more than $10m on propaganda. All these efforts are gear towards educating sinkies that our ancestors were once migrants themselves and made us more receptive to new immigrants.

Having spent so much resources on integration , do you think it makes sense for PAP to counter their own effort by sending moles to polarise the society in this direction?

Agree with your analysis. The new citizens are a captive audience and their votes will be solidly behind PAP. The first generation Singaporeans do not serve NS, do not need to go through the MOE system of learning "mother tongue" (whatever that is), and are getting first class treatment, a ready job market, and a red passport that is best thing since sliced bread. They will be loyal first and foremost to their red passport, to their ancestral motherland, and to the PAP for putting it all neatly together for them. If you just take a moment to think, as a new citizen your winning strategy in life is really that simple and clear cut.

No need for divide and conquer or any form of intrigue and "3rd force".

The born and bred ones are the ones suffering and the only way to win back their votes (our votes, that is) is to change policies at a truly fundamental level which the PAP is not prepared to do at this juncture. The way the PAP will treat the oldies is through intimidation as it has done for the past 50 years.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not a consrpiracy theory. It is a stragety to garner as many votes as possible from new shitizens. You also seem to be naive to think and that all the machinery has been aimed at making foreigners feel at home here more than Singaporeans. You are even more naive to believe that truly important information is shared via emails. If you have ever been involved with big machinery and their shenanigans you will know that really important or harmful information is either done in person or at the very least via telephone if the information is not deemed too dangerous and the parties involved are deemed kakinang.

You can and should be assured that the PAPzis main concern if with their own economic well-being and their continued stay in power. Everything else comes second or even third as is the case with Singaporean's well-being.

Bro,

In the long run, the PAppies want the new citizens to settle down here. They won't do so if the born and bred have been instigated to turn against them and xenophobic sentiment is running high. That's why you have integration programmes to hookwink the born and bred into accepting the newcomers. That is why Gilbert is fucking hated by the establishment. If divide and conquer was the correct approach Gilbert would be quietly and covertly supported by the PAP underground but that is not the case as far as I can tell.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The new citizens are a captive audience and their votes will be solidly behind PAP.

bro,
think you need to define new citizens as those who just received the red passport after 2011. i know of PRC-turned citizens voting for the oppositions in my kampung, a quick check with their community, they realized they shouldn't pick up the red passport, some even thinking of migrating elsewhere using the red passport as a launching pad.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro,
think you need to define new citizens as those who just received the red passport after 2011. i know of PRC-turned citizens voting for the oppositions in my kampung, a quick check with their community, they realized they shouldn't pick up the red passport, some even thinking of migrating elsewhere using the red passport as a launching pad.

Your kumpung is a remarkable kumpung. Definitely will make into the history books.

Red passport is treasured by new citizens precisely because it is an excellent launching pad. Even better than NASA's space shuttle pad.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think at the end of the day, we must not confuse two issues:

(a) TJS party may end up polarizing opposition votes and this ice cream shop may have been covertly set up specifically for this purpose. Here I believe there is strong possibility for a hidden hand involvement.

(b) PAP is counting on votes from new citizens to compensate for the hordes of born and bred who are getting disgruntled by the day. At the same time they must find a way to placate the old citizens who feel displaced, disenfranchised, suffer from structural underemployment, have their wages squeezed, and so on. Here I believe there is no conspiracy to pit old citizen against new citizen.

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They waste no time and started attacking immediately!

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/two-facebook-pages-both-fake-spoof-singaporeans-first-party

It has been only three days since former presidential candidate Tan Jee Say announced the formation of a new political party, but two fake Facebook accounts posing to represent it have already popped up.

Just hours after Mr Tan unveiled the Singaporeans First party and its logo on Sunday, the Facebook page Singaporeans First Party was set up.

The fake page had the party's logo as its profile picture before it was altered early yesterday morning to reveal that the people responsible for the page are the same ones behind the satirical, role-playing Facebook page SMRT Ltd (Feedback).

The fake page carried radical suggestions allegedly from the party's manifesto, such as implementing a four-day work week and a year-long national service for women which would include cooking classes and tailoring.

SMRT Ltd (Feedback) made its big revelation just a few hours before another, more official-looking Facebook page was set up: SFP Singapore Official.

A text post on Monday evening stated that it was the "official page of Singaporeans First Party" and they were "disappointed that someone else tried to hijack our platform to serve their own means".

However, when My Paper contacted Mr Tan yesterday, he confirmed that the party has not set up any Facebook accounts thus far.

With regard to the two fake accounts, he laughed and said they were "fun and cute". He didn't know who was behind the pages.

As to the party's logo being compared with that of ice cream brand Wall's, he said that Wall's was a "symbol of sweetness".

He said that the party "will issue a statement at an appropriate time" on this.

"We have to be careful about what we do moving forward," said Mr Tan. The party and its logo are yet to be approved by the Registry of Societies.

Such spoofing of a political party is not uncommon, said political experts My Paper spoke to.

"Internet memes and spoofing are not new phenomena," said Institute of Policy Studies research fellow Carol Soon.

"However, what is happening with the fake pages pose a tricky problem for a fledgling group that is trying to make its name and manifesto known," she added.

Gillian Koh, a senior research fellow at the Institute of Policy Studies, pointed out that the group's logo "will not be approved for use till it is registered, much less protected in any manner".

"I am sure Mr Tan knows that and perhaps it is why he is not ruffled by it," she said.

Many netizens, at one point or another, believed that the fake accounts were real. But, with little information on the new political group, this comes as no surprise.

"I think it will affect the party because it is new and people do not have any background knowledge about it," said netizen Chin Yiwen, 25.

"Impressions can be manipulated easily online, especially for such a new group. But, once the party has established itself, incidents such as this might no longer be significant," she added.

this-means.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They waste no time and started attacking immediately!

I would have believed it the least bit if the identity of the troll was not known.

In this case we know who it is, and SMRT Ltd (Feedback) is not a PAP guy for sure.

I think the "women for NS" idea somehow piqued the people behind, which means among the trolls women may be involved.

jw5

Loyal
"Women for NS" is indeed a wonderful idea. :p

Oh and bytheway, always vote opposition against MIW. And be wary of those who keep nitpicking opposition candidates, including their real-life minions. :wink:

I think the "women for NS" idea somehow piqued the people behind, which means among the trolls women may be involved.

jw5

Loyal
It would have been better for me if he was not described as a "competent and hardworking private secretary", but haizzz, you can't eat your cake and still expect to have it.............................. There are still not that many people willing to stand as opposition candidates. Should keep supporting them, at least until MIWs become the opposition, then can start whacking them figuratively left right and centre..................... :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Women for NS" is indeed a wonderful idea. :p

Oh and bytheway, always vote opposition against MIW. And be wary of those who keep nitpicking opposition candidates, including their real-life minions. :wink:

I want to see the day women do RT and have to get excuse for time off.

Or get calls to be charged for IPPT default.