• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling the Margret Tatcher of Singapore?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
936225_535815609793671_647040121_n.jpg

Glad to catch up with Uncle Neo (73 yr old) again last night during our MacPherson’s Parents’ Day celebration dinner. He looks to be in good shape and spirits! When I met him last night, he shared happily that he has just moved into a new rental unit at Pipit Road. His story is a successful example of how the community and the government worked together to help those in need.

A local café operator first noticed Uncle Neo sleeping out in the open and notified me. She had not seen him around before, and hence when he started sleeping out in the open, she noticed him quickly (power of the community!). When she approached him, she found out that he was a co-tenant of a rental unit nearby under HDB’s Joint Singles Scheme. However, he and his co-tenant could not get along and he was in fact bullied by the other person (also a single elderly…). Uncle Neo suffered in silence at first but eventually gave up and ceded the space. The good hearted café operator felt sorry for Uncle Neo and tried to help him by providing him with simple supplies. She also emailed me for help.

My team and I arranged for him to take temporary refuge at an elderly home within our constituency. I also followed up with the HDB to look into the issue urgently. A social worker from another VWO within our constituency came in to assist Uncle Neo with his daily needs. We eventually managed to re-home Uncle Neo in a different HDB rental unit and we are very pleased to see him so relieved now. Helping Uncle Neo would not have been possible without the support from everyone.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
His story is a successful example of how the community and the government worked together to help those in need.

If the PAP was as good as it makes itself out to be, these sorts of cases would not have occurred in the first place. :rolleyes:

This genre of propaganda nauseates me no end. The fact that they use the misfortune of others to further their political ambitions makes it all the more disgusting.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree. I wonder what kind of gullible Singaporeans believes in this distribe.

If the PAP was as good as it makes itself out to be, these sorts of cases would not have occurred in the first place. :rolleyes:

This genre of propaganda nauseates me no end. The fact that they use the misfortune of others to further their political ambitions makes it all the more disgusting.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did you use the wrong nick to type?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not at all. There are some aspects of the PAP that I can't stand and this is one of them. Just because I'm a PAP loyalist does not mean that I agree with everything they do.

Perhaps I can interest you with a more heart warming deed by Ms Tin.

389116_418079501567283_599540030_n.jpg

Additional free meal service in MacPherson (13 photos)
It has been more than 2 months since we partnered Willing Hearts to provide an additional free meal service to MacPherson residents who are in need. I am always warmed by the big hearts of volunteer welfare organisations such as Willing Hearts, Thye Hua Kwan, GEHA and Care Community Services, which have given so much help to our less fortunate residents. With the free meal services, residents who are in need do not have to go hungry, and the money they save on meals can be used to pay for other daily living essentials.

Many thanks to all the volunteers who have been helping on a daily basis!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why blame PAP? :rolleyes: This would not have happened if he got a Degree when he was younger. :biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is very clever.. She wants to gain political mileage by trumpeting to the whole world that she kindly helped this poor Uncle..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She knows that these elderly people have voting power, no internet access, need help etc. Macpherson is an old estate. I will not be surprised that it will become an SMC as it is now a PAP captive. She is there full time and can spend all her working hours there.

She in a GRC like Marine Parade becomes less difficult to buy votes as the younger generation will see thru her.

Watch Macpherson.

She is very clever.. She wants to gain political mileage by trumpeting to the whole world that she kindly helped this poor Uncle..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come on lah ...how else would sinkees know that the PAP is so caring and that it has such wonderful MP like Tin. No brag, no sell. PAP always No. 1.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be Thatcher she first must be PAP Sec Gen then chosen as PM. The let the Malaysians invade Ubin or Pedra Branca and fight them. Then roll back the state. Also clamp down on the unions--as if there are any

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She knows that these elderly people have voting power, no internet access, need help etc. Macpherson is an old estate. I will not be surprised that it will become an SMC as it is now a PAP captive. She is there full time and can spend all her working hours there.

She in a GRC like Marine Parade becomes less difficult to buy votes as the younger generation will see thru her.

Watch Macpherson.

Agree.. MacPherson as an old estate are full of these elderly people.. These old folks will surely vote for her.. I just hope the old folks there won't regard her as some sort of an Angel coming to rescue them from poverty..

Its the PAP policies that are making many of these homeless senior citizens sleeping under the blocks of Balam Rd right up till Pipit Rd..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh...so Maggie Thatcher has already come and gone from Singapore,,,,but in all honestly,,Maggie made the poor worse off and destroyed the working class,,,but also,,if the Unions were willing to sit down and negotiate and were willing to work,,maybe things would have turned out differently

To be Thatcher she first must be PAP Sec Gen then chosen as PM. The let the Malaysians invade Ubin or Pedra Branca and fight them. Then roll back the state. Also clamp down on the unions--as if there are any

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh...so Maggie Thatcher has already come and gone from Singapore,,,,but in all honestly,,Maggie made the poor worse off and destroyed the working class,,,but also,,if the Unions were willing to sit down and negotiate and were willing to work,,maybe things would have turned out differently

Not forgetting Thatcher like Nuclear missiles.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.. MacPherson as an old estate are full of these elderly people.. These old folks will surely vote for her.. I just hope the old folks there won't regard her as some sort of an Angel coming to rescue them from poverty..

Its the PAP policies that are making many of these homeless senior citizens sleeping under the blocks of Balam Rd right up till Pipit Rd..

She seems to have an effect on elderly people, especially the men, one elderly man, had an urge to pee, when she started talking in parliament. Guess the "ah Pek" must have peed in his pants..he had no chance to go to the loo..:wink: