• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling, GRC Referendum and PAP's Emotional Blackmail

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not classy to wash one's dirty linen in the open (even if I remain anonymous) but the way PAP work the GRC system reminds me of my grandmother and her favourite son (one of my uncles).

After repeated bailing out of my uncle's gambling debts, all his siblings were determined to have nothing to do with him anymore but for the pleas of my grandmother who said that not helping my uncle is really rejecting her as well. In the end, all helped for one last time and the last I heard he was still mired in (new and old) debts.

Tin Pei Ling is the uncle of my story and SM Goh is the grandmother. I would suggest any party who contests in Marine Parade GRC to make Tin Pei Ling the key issue. In a sense, to make the MP GRC contest a referendum on the GRC system. Make it clear to the voter that the MP contest is about whether they agree that the GRC system should be abused to allow a person like Tin Pei Ling hang onto the coattails of SM Goh into parliament. Remind voters that the original aim of the GRC to allow minority representation has been perverted into a no-holds barred ushering in of anyone whom the PAP thinks is "good".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If voters indeed woke up and the PAP GRC team is kicked out and GCT loses his job that would really be news.
But Marine Parade voters are said to be solid behind GCT (majority at least)

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Marine Parade voters are said to be solid behind GCT (majority at least)

There is no sure thing. GCT better not over-estimate his popularity. Must of the shit facing Singapore now were due to policies in his time. A place that has not been contested since 1992? That's nearly twenty years.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bumped. Still believe whoever is contesting in Marine Parade should aim all firepower (figuratively speaking...:P) at Tin Pei Ling.