• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling Facebook posting was a honest mistake by her staff

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The People's Action Party (PAP) candidate for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) Tin Pei Ling said she had not posted anything on her Facebook page on Cooling-off Day.

All candidates who are contesting in the General Election are not allowed to campaign on Cooling-off Day, a day before Polling Day.

Ms Tin said on Thursday May 5, her Facebook page carried a "clarification" on reports that a MacPherson resident had been refused help for her child's tuition fees.

The resident had asked for a refund.

The MacPherson Zone B Residents' Committee said the deposit of S$80 cannot be refunded.

But netizens circulated on Friday a screen capture that showed a comment posted on Ms Tin's Facebook.

The comment said: "OooOoooOooh so that's what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!"

The comment was however removed within 20 minutes.

When contacted, Ms Tin told Channel NewsAsia she was alerted to the comment when some of her friends called her shortly after it was posted.

Ms Tin said she found out it was one of her administrators, Ms Denise He, who had mistakenly made the post.

"She wanted to post the comment in her personal capacity, and she was using her mobile phone. But she didn't realise that she had inadvertently posted as my profile rather than her own ... It was an honest mistake," Ms Tin said.

Ms Tin asked her administrator to remove the comment immediately.

She added that she had earlier given strict instructions to her team of administrators not to make any postings on Cooling-off Day.

Her administrators help her to upload photos of her walkabouts on her Facebook page.

Last edited:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
tsk tsk tsk.

She leaves Denise He (if she really exists) out cold to dry.

She will end this election campaign with very few friends.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The People's Action Party (PAP) candidate for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) Tin Pei Ling said she had not posted anything on her Facebook page on Cooling-off Day.

All candidates who are contesting in the General Election are not allowed to campaign on Cooling-off Day, a day before Polling Day.

Ms Tin said on Thursday May 5, her Facebook page carried a "clarification" on reports that a MacPherson resident had been refused help for her child's tuition fees.

The resident had asked for a refund.

The MacPherson Zone B Residents' Committee said the deposit of S$80 cannot be refunded.

But netizens circulated on Friday a screen capture that showed a comment posted on Ms Tin's Facebook.

The comment said: "OooOoooOooh so that's what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!"

The comment was however removed within 20 minutes.

When contacted, Ms Tin told Channel NewsAsia she was alerted to the comment when some of her friends called her shortly after it was posted.

Ms Tin said she found out it was one of her administrators, Ms Denise He, who had mistakenly made the post.

"She wanted to post the comment in her personal capacity, and she was using her mobile phone. But she didn't realise that she had inadvertently posted as my profile rather than her own ... It was an honest mistake," Ms Tin said.

Ms Tin asked her administrator to remove the comment immediately.

She added that she had earlier given strict instructions to her team of administrators not to make any postings on Cooling-off Day.

Her administrators help her to upload photos of her walkabouts on her Facebook page.

In a million dollar, All white party, everything is a honest mistake. George Bush should have learnt from the PAP--it is an "honest mistake" to have invaded Iraq.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
She learnt fast.... Next she will be doing the 'Sorry... Sorry....' stunt.....

I really pity those people working for them... anytime must be the scapegoat

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
She learnt fast.... Next she will be doing the 'Sorry... Sorry....' stunt.....

I really pity those people working for them... anytime must be the scapegoat

Next would be the "Once in X number of years event." And "We were caught by surprise". No wonder they picked her as a candidate. I'm sure she passed all the required statements that a MP have to make.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't been elected already know how to say it's an honest mistake. Next time screw up big time like wks also can use the same reason. I think this phrase can be the motto of pap Liao
I don't know what to say. BTW, who paid for her administrators, was it our money?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She broke the rule and should be disqualified. If it happens to an opposition I am sure all hell will break loose.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whether it is her or her administrator, the whole affair just re-enforces her immaturity, unprofessionalism and poor judgement.
I pity the residence of Marine Parade on 8th May.

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know what she is talking about. Your Facebook passport is confidential and you should not disclosed to anyone.
If LHL can answer his Facebook himself who is she to has a assistant to help her.
LHL - don't just apologize - if you are sincere - you should drop her off if it meant giving up marine parade because sacrificing 4 MP to ensure one bad one don't get in is just the right thing to do....
Shows us you have the "vision" to continue to serve us and be our PM by doing what is right and not what is easy.

Sadhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
From day One she is a liability to PAP right up to now. Don't really know what's the finale going be like tomorrow ?
Epilogue : PAP got kick out of MP ?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So dumb therefore she hires administators

Nicole "real tears" Seah spents all her effort on her own facebook page

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I AGREED!!

lhl must show he's fair NOW, coz electorate CANNOT EXCEPT ANY MORE SORRY.

NO YET BE MP CAN ABUSE POWER,

She broke the rule and should be disqualified. If it happens to an opposition I am sure all hell will break loose.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am quite sure many of them has administrator to manage their replies, now i wonder how many others miw are merely using support staffs to pretend that they are answering directly....how to trust the reply on online media?:biggrin:
don't they know that such acct are suppose to be private and personal.