• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time for opposition to Merge & Team Up! Civil Disobedience to Step Up!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poll can only do this much. It should not be the only focus, in fact not the main focus.

If we don't know how to demolish LEEgime within the years between GEs, don't expect ideal magic from the ballot boxes.

I think opposition had tried too much in speaking for the poor people, which will not work well. I think opposition should be more aggressive instead of playing kind. That means convincing the world that LEEgime is Corrupt & Incompetent rather than crying for more kindness to the poor people.

In the time between elections efforts have to be such to ensure that LEEgime lose more advantage and controls and confidence. The higher price need to be paid, that is to see Singapore sink further.:(

This is however the reality, there is no comfortable and easy or convenient way to reform.

The other thing that I refrained from pointing out before the poll is, I was veryworried that opposition (if won big) will repeat identical mistake of LEEgime, which is ruining SG via elitism. 精英败国! Fortunately this did not take the trend.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poll can only do this much. It should not be the only focus, in fact not the main focus.

If we don't know how to demolish LEEgime within the years between GEs, don't expect ideal magic from the ballot boxes.

I think opposition had tried too much in speaking for the poor people, which will not work well. I think opposition should be more aggressive instead of playing kind. That means convincing the world that LEEgime is Corrupt & Incompetent rather than crying for more kindness to the poor people.

In the time between elections efforts have to be such to ensure that LEEgime lose more advantage and controls and confidence. The higher price need to be paid, that is to see Singapore sink further.:(

This is however the reality, there is no comfortable and easy or convenient way to reform.

The other thing that I refrained from pointing out before the poll is, I was veryworried that opposition (if won big) will repeat identical mistake of LEEgime, which is ruining SG via elitism. 精英败国! Fortunately this did not take the trend.

Confrontational style doen't work. YOu know better than anybody else. I think we must look at Worker Party and wonder why they score such high margin relative to the other opposition. Tread along that line and engage the youngsters in a civic way.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confrontational style doen't work. YOu know better than anybody else. I think we must look at Worker Party and wonder why they score such high margin relative to the other opposition. Tread along that line and engage the youngsters in a civic way.

Strongly disagree!

:wink:

If you went by WP's route the people will see only another new PAp most likely. If you checked the history of whole world in past 1.5 centuries, most countries that reformed by electoral routes goes down-hill.

For WP, I have voted for them. I will congratulate Mr. LTK. But I will not follow his way.

You said: Confrontational style doen't work it depends on what your definition of work is. If you think winning seats means work, then I still don't agree with you. Because then I can say that PAp's style worked even more perfectly in this case. Look at their seats! This to me does not work. If you gave me all 87 seats via this way, I will also say that don't work, but may be to you that is working well.:confused:

To me, what work meant to punish corrupts and greedy politicians, after removing them. To me, giving people a better life is not top priority, the rather to get the exploiters is the priority, because if you let exploiters get away with it, people's life will only be worse. I don't want to be the angle to save the suffering people, I want to be the one punishing the culprits who exploited the suffering people.

To e.g. CSJ, what work meant, may be to give more kindness to the poor, more freedom, I can not speak for him, but that is my view of his position.

If your definition is that the change / reform should not alarm / distress the people then you position of non-confrontational approach can be understood but NOT Agreed. Because I think you are looking for luxury of not paying the necessary price. That is extreme luxury or dream!

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strongly disagree!

If you went by WP's route the people will see only another new PAp most likely. If you checked the history of whole world in past 1.5 centuries, most countries that reformed by electoral routes goes down-hill.

For WP, I have voted for them. I will congratulate Mr. LTK. But I will not follow his way.

If you are not a PAP dog, I chop off my cock!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strongly disagree!

But his way is the fastest to topple LEEgime. There is no other way unless you prefer to wait for another decade or 2 decades to come and hope that youngster will subscripe to your idea. Look at Egypt, they took decades to build students and protestors to topple their leader. You think our softy sinkies can live up that kind of standard? Chee Soon Juan will tell you that you cannot count on that dream since he knew already - the poll result is a telling sign too that many people are complacent to do any rash act. I rather take the fast root like the worker party since I don't like PAP too.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strongly disagree!

Too bad, candidates rallied around SDP which caused the loss. If they had joined WP, it would have had been different. This is the result of the fire going to your brains.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad, candidates rallied around SDP which caused the loss. If they had joined WP, it would have had been different. This is the result of the fire going to your brains.

What different? I can not see the significant difference.

If there is any diff, it isn't the diff I want to see. No meaning to me!

If more people sicken by LEEgime move only towards WP, it will eventually just bind WP to a very narrow path just like LEEgime. Weather what style Mr. LTK will run different from PAp does NOT matter, because to run SG via electoral acceptance of the same Kiasu Kiasi & greedy peasants, the limitations is the SAME faced by ANY PARTY. You all may not realized and may not agree, but I clearly saw this, and deeply know why LEEgime can not change itself even if it wanted to.

It had been so easy to target LEEgime, because it will only run down this narrow track of failure, like rail road! You don't need to guess, just ambush them along this track that's it.

If WP want to move up to 40-50 seats in parliament, surely can not be confrontational, and surely will have to ride on the same rail like LEEgime. I am not saying that WP plans to do so, but I am saying that the reality in SG will force ANY PARTY to have no choice but this, if they wanted pure electoral route to power.:wink:

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What different? I can not see the significant difference.

If there is any diff, it isn't the diff I want to see. No meaning to me!

Revolution comes in many forms. Winning hearts is more important. Knives and daggers are left to the very last, in a totally hopeless case which Singapore is still far from that. Civil disobedience makes less sense than the opposition going to grassroots to help the people. PAP MPs only take a few minutes at consultation and then take cover and idle.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see a 2-prong development for opposition in the immediate future. WP is one, but WP's style / approach will surely not be the only way accepted / adopted by all opposition. Both the 2 prongs will take up speed and mass. One isn't going to stop another.

LEEgime will simultaneously face 2 prongs of threats for sure, it is not one but two.