• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Airways is a NATIONAL SHAME!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Delay after delay on Tiger Airways - and none cares
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE evening of June 9 at Canberra airport was the last straw. Tiger Airways' scheduled 9.40pm Canberra-Melbourne flight departed after midnight, with passengers reaching home in Melbourne at 2.40am. A friend said it was the same the following night.
Previously, we had experienced flights not arriving till the following day and flights changed to the next day a few hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
Never mind if one had a connecting domestic or international flight or a function to attend.
In a total abdication of responsibility, no one at Tiger Airways seemed to care.
Maintenance problems are invariably cited as the reason for the cancelled flights, but airline insiders tell me it is a cost-cutting measure if the flight is not full - the airline puts the passengers on the following day's flight or flights.
According to people I spoke to at Canberra airport, delays are commonplace with the Tiger Airways, which has no listing in either the White or Yellow Pages (under Airlines) in the Canberra phone directory, making it impossible to contact.
Taxis and hire calls refuse to go to Canberra airport to meet Tiger flights because they say 'they are never on time'.
On June 9, the airline even displayed a boarding time for the outgoing flight which was earlier than the delayed arrival time of the incoming turnaround flight.
Australia's national capital deserves better. John Milne
Australia

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>Request denied
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->'He refused to serve me, saying it was against company policy to serve water, even in an emergency.' <!-- story content : start -->MR TAN PECK CHUAN: 'I have always used Tiger Airways as my preferred budget airline as it offers competitive prices and a level of customer service that is warm and friendly. However, that was not the case on my return flight from Jakarta to Singapore on Monday. I asked for a cup of warm water as I needed to take my medication. The flight attendant said he was busy serving other passengers and suggested I obtain it from him later? But when I went to the galley for the water, he refused to serve me, saying it was against company policy to serve water, even in an emergency.'

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
See.....another born loser asshole pay peanut yet want to kaupeh .....just like lots of asshole here.........

mudskipper aka lancheowman, no need to change nic like lingerie lah. Wait a minute!.... pondan hiao cheebyes do that hor.. 50 plus years old SAFGU guard dog who claims to be an elite Guardsman but actually just a pondan with a menstruating mouth!...lol...lol

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
mudskipper aka lancheowman, no need to change nic like lingerie lah. Wait a minute!.... pondan hiao cheebyes do that hor.. 50 plus years old SAFGU guard dog who claims to be an elite Guardsman but actually just a pondan with a menstruating mouth!...lol...lol

har who is this seow kau.......barking with new nic.....was that moon wu, communist, the debonerman born loser asshole......:p

kena you can change nick, so can I leh.... ...idiot fool.......he he he:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
har who is this seow kau.......barking with new nic.....was that moon wu, communist, the debonerman born loser asshole......:p

kena you can change nick, so can I leh.... ...idiot fool.......he he he:biggrin:

You ham kar cham first, asshole!?

:biggrin:

Because assholes like you don't have much to do in life except farting and shitting fucking lousy posts here! :rolleyes:

Your mother gives deepthroat sia and nice anal!

Fuck your whole family worth of assholes!

:oIo: :oIo:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Delay after delay on Tiger Airways - and none cares

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE evening of June 9 at Canberra airport was the last straw. Tiger Airways' scheduled 9.40pm Canberra-Melbourne flight departed after midnight, with passengers reaching home in Melbourne at 2.40am. A friend said it was the same the following night.
Previously, we had experienced flights not arriving till the following day and flights changed to the next day a few hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
Never mind if one had a connecting domestic or international flight or a function to attend.
In a total abdication of responsibility, no one at Tiger Airways seemed to care.
Maintenance problems are invariably cited as the reason for the cancelled flights, but airline insiders tell me it is a cost-cutting measure if the flight is not full - the airline puts the passengers on the following day's flight or flights.
According to people I spoke to at Canberra airport, delays are commonplace with the Tiger Airways, which has no listing in either the White or Yellow Pages (under Airlines) in the Canberra phone directory, making it impossible to contact.
Taxis and hire calls refuse to go to Canberra airport to meet Tiger flights because they say 'they are never on time'.
On June 9, the airline even displayed a boarding time for the outgoing flight which was earlier than the delayed arrival time of the incoming turnaround flight.
Australia's national capital deserves better. John Milne
Australia

Tiger will close shop in Australia very soon. The Australia print will make Tiger a big news. But in Mediacock and Shiftytimes all bad news will be block or only in small print.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't panic lah, see me respond so shaky....lol......lancheowman aka mudskipper aka tiuleh cheungkahhumkarchan ......Your menstruating cheebye mouth damn smelly!......lol..lol SAFGU guard dog who claims to be a Guardsman......lol....lol

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I think its very unfair to slam Tiger Airways for having tons of delayed flights for Aussie domestic routes. However, I agree that Tiger Airway is a crappy airline and its a disgrace to the other locally based airlines

Just to clarify that comment above why I think its unfair. I actually spent an entire month last year on holiday in Australia and travelled across the country easily flying more then twice a week via budget airlines like Jetstar and Virgin Blue. EVERY FREAKING FLIGHT was delay by at the very least 45min to an hour!!!!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to clarify that comment above why I think its unfair. I actually spent an entire month last year on holiday in Australia and travelled across the country easily flying more then twice a week via budget airlines like Jetstar and Virgin Blue. EVERY FREAKING FLIGHT was delay by at the very least 45min to an hour!!!!

The airline probably is hoping that "squeeze" 2 flight into 1" or hoping more passengers would hope on last minutes. Otherwise they will lost $$$ for sure.

WayangPartyClub

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real reason is dumbass management. Temasek Owns SIA and Sia Owns Tiger.... then they go and do this....
When SIA's fares are lower than budget airlines

ONE is a premium airline, while the rest are budget airlines.

But when The New Paper compared ticket prices for a round-trip Bangkok ticket for this weekend, we found that Singapore Airlines (SIA) is offering lower fares than budget carriers Tiger Airways, AirAsia and Jetstar Airways.

An SIA ticket - departing this weekend and returning the next weekend - costs $227 inclusive of taxes and surcharges.

A Tiger Airways round-trip ticket will set you back by $434 over a similar duration.

When The New Paper went on to the websites of other budget carriers to check fares to the same destination and dates, for AirAsia, the fare is $296, and for Jetstar it is $313.

When contacted, Mr Nicholas Ionides, SIA's vice-president of public affairs, said the promotions in the current economic climate are to help stimulate demand.

'Demand for travel has been weak as a result of the global economic downturn,' he explained.

'And we have taken this opportunity to come up with many new price-driven specials offering great deals to those who are looking to travel.'

How often does SIA offer fares lower than the budget carriers?

From time to time, Mr Ionides said.

We called Jetstar's hotline to ask how tickets are priced.

A representative explained that airfare is based on availability, once tickets of the lowest value are sold out.

Mr Matt Hobbs, Tiger Airways' head of communications, said the airline has higher fares than SIA because the flights for the current period are already heavily booked.

'True to the low-cost model, Tiger Airways ensures that those that book early get the best fares', Mr Hobbs added.

Just last week, Tiger Airways was offering a $1 fare (inclusive of taxes and surcharges) to several destinations.

'With fares like that, is it any wonder that our planes are full?' Mr Hobbs asked.

What do travellers think?

Full-time national serviceman Malcolm Ong, 18, said: 'Budget airlines are a great, cost-effective way for those on a tight budget to reach their destination without compromising on quality.

'As a student, your only concern is getting what you need at the lowest possible price. But in this case, I'd take SIA, thanks to their attractive and low rates.'

Fellow NSF Lionel Food, 19, said: 'I'm glad that SIA is actually lowering its prices and making it less expensive than the budget airlines. I can travel without burdening my pockets.'

Han Su-Ying, newsroom intern

This article was first published in The New Paper.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I didnt take Tiger while I was in Australia, Please read my entire post I referred to Jetstar and Virgin Blue

How often does one get a Cheap and Good stuff? If you take budget airlines, expect budget treatment. If you pay premium, expect to get premium treatment.

Australian workers are known best for their industrial unrest - you can't push their workers one bit - they get the unions behind them. Unlike NTUC, so reasonable and understanding - to workers, unions and government.

Lim Swee Say is a national hero! hehehe!