• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Air so damn bloody FIRST WORLD!

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/10/02/thousands-stranded-as-tiger-air-cancels-flights/

Thousands stranded as Tiger Air cancels flights
By yahoosingapore – October 2nd, 2010
Email Facebook Twitter Print
yahoo_tigerairways

Thousands of passengers have been stranded after budget airline Tiger Airways cancelled almost half its flights out of Singapore due to technical faults with its aircrafts.

The Straits Times reports that up to 40 flights in the past four days have been scrapped with Channel News Asia reporting that up to 2,700 passengers may have been affected.

The cancellations in the past few days affected flights to places like Kuala Lumpur, Chennai, Macau, Perth, Penang, Phuket and Bangkok.

In response, the Singapore-based budget carrier said two of its Airbus A320 aircraft had experienced technical issues over the past few weeks, and were grounded for extended checks and maintenance.

The carrier says this resulted in significant disruption to its flight schedule.

Passengers, however, felt the airline could have done a much better job informing them earlier via mobile phone or email.

Cancellations were only indicated on the website of the Changi Airport online flight information system and many passengers who turned up at the airport were caught unawares.

Sharlene Lim, 27, whose flight to Hong Kong was delayed by nine hours on Thursday, told ST, “This is my second time flying with Tiger Airways and it will be my last.”

As late as this Saturday morning, hundreds of frustrated passengers at Singapore’s Budget Terminal were enraged when they learned their flights had also been cancelled with no prior notice.

Passengers were made to wait in line for their turn before counter-staff addressed their concerns and compensation issues.

Derek Sadubin of Sydney-based aviation consultancy, the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, told the same paper that budget carriers have little excess capacity because of their low-cost business model.

As a result, he said they strive to maximise asset utilisation and “tend to feel the impact of aircraft technical issues more acutely.”

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
such is the risk & problems with budget carriers worldwide. the passengers should know better when they agree to the terms & conditions. if they weigh the difference of costs, sometimes it pays more, when you prefer to pay less.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those fucking bastards should be fined for each flight canceled! Only a Third World airline will cancel so many flights! :oIo:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happen to those already pruchase the air ticket?
Will the Tiger replace then with other airline ticket same date and time roughly 2 hour apart?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
such is the risk & problems with budget carriers worldwide. the passengers should know better when they agree to the terms & conditions. if they weigh the difference of costs, sometimes it pays more, when you prefer to pay less.

I've flown Airasia & have few complaints. Did face a 5 hour delay once but it was an isolated case, but never had a cancelled flight. Airasia has since improved alot, they've expanded their fleet with new aircraft, adding alot of new routes, offering holiday packages,....

Tiger on the other hand is a bad airlines. Poorly run with a boh chupnattitude. With so much bad news coming from this airline, people shouldn't complain if something happens since they choose to fly with the worst :smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've flown Airasia & have few complaints. Did face a 5 hour delay once but it was an isolated case, but never had a cancelled flight. Airasia has since improved alot, they've expanded their fleet with new aircraft, adding alot of new routes, offering holiday packages,....

Tiger on the other hand is a bad airlines. Poorly run with a boh chupnattitude. With so much bad news coming from this airline, people shouldn't complain if something happens since they choose to fly with the worst :smile:

AirAsia is the best budget Airline. Taking so many fly with AA only have one that have delay for 4 hour. They provided free food and drink update info hourly where are the plane now.
Other on average very punctual for schedule. Not more than 20min apart.
If AirAsia and Tiger compete for the same route and timing. Tiger will get burnt for sure.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AirAsia is the best budget Airline. Taking so many fly with AA only have one that have delay for 4 hour. They provided free food and drink update info hourly where are the plane now.
Other on average very punctual for schedule. Not more than 20min apart.
If AirAsia and Tiger compete for the same route and timing. Tiger will get burnt for sure.

AA started with 2nd hand planes so in the old days some techinical diffculties were to be expected. Their management has worked out the SOP(standard operation procedures) for delays: meal vouchers, keeping passengers informed, etc

However Tiger started with new aircraft. l'm surprised they are having so many technical problems, unless of course they are cutting corners with maintenance:eek: Alot of their problems is that there is no SOP in place. Many of the PR damage seem to be done by people who are clueless as to how to deal with problems :smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there any aviation society or organisation that can evaluate the aviation standards of Tiger? knn, why they can always get away with their fuck ups 1?

pegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CAAS which is the regulatory authority should issue a offical warning to Tiger and make it publicly known that their AOC ( air operators certifcate) would be suspended if this continues.I am surprised that the CAAS which is normally very strict has taken such a slack attitude towards Tiger. Does the Tumasek/SQ connection have anythig to do with this? I guarantee you that if it was a purely private airline with no connections, the CAAS would have been on ther backs in no time. The CAAS airworthiness people are damn super KS people. They better do something fast before there is an accident or some incident with Tiger. The way Tiger is going is like a disaster waiting to happen.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried them second time recently and disaster! Departure delayed 9 hours and was only informed when we were queuing to check in! Okay, never mind swallow bitter pill. However, they never let up with their nonsense as worse was to follow.

On our return, was informed just hours before flight that it was cancelled. She on the other end of the line said "the next available tiger flight is in 2 days time. Pls let me know if you want to join that flight or opt for a partial refund in 4-6months time minimum. You have to choose now, asap." Wa lao, si bei jialat leh. No recourse for us whatsoever. Its in the fine print. Needless to say i gave her hell even though itwas not her fault but just had to let off steam.

Never again Tiger.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good way to earn money. Buy air tix from Tiger airways. Buy travel insurance. Go claim insurance everytime they screw up, which is all the freaking time.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good way to earn money. Buy air tix from Tiger airways. Buy travel insurance. Go claim insurance everytime they screw up, which is all the freaking time.

siao arr, you wanna spend so much time just to earn insurance money? LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
siao arr, you wanna spend so much time just to earn insurance money? LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

e.g. flight 24hr delay = $600

if they screw up 30 days a month, U earn $18,000 extra month for about $600 insurance fee. Huat ah!!!! lol :p:p:p:p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
e.g. flight 24hr delay = $600

if they screw up 30 days a month, U earn $18,000 extra month for about $600 insurance fee. Huat ah!!!! lol :p:p:p:p
U travel 30 days a month everyday ahh? if they no cock up for 1 month, then you 24 hours inside aeroplane izzit? :biggrin::biggrin:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Those fucking bastards should be fined for each flight canceled! Only a Third World airline will cancel so many flights! :oIo:

Ya lor..just jail and cane them...make me suffer like mad,my officer in charge flight was cancel last min,they transfer her to jetstar...and i waited for her like a bloody idiot for hours on my bed waiting for her to come back and when she came back she cancel our lovemaking session cuase she is tired.:mad: