• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This type of bullying happens EVERY DAY in our society. Heartbreaking..

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in the cyber space I was tormented the same way. We need to put an end to this cycle of hatred. :mad:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YuCRx9eCFrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This small suburb of Rochester, largely unknown until this week, is now internationally famous after a 10-minute video titled "Making the bus monitor cry" appeared online.

"Oh my God you're so fat," one youngster says to the bus monitor, whose identity was revealed as Karen Klein.

Forty-eight hours since it appeared, the video has gathered 3m views and 68,000 comments, and spawned an internet campaign to raise money to give Klein the "holiday of a lifetime" that has now raised nearly $500,000. Klein, meanwhile has appeared on Good Morning America, Today, and Fox and Friends on the back of the wave of revulsion the video has provoked.

And the residents of Greece – whose population of just under 100,000 is dwarfed by the numbers sharing, commenting and criticizing the schoolboys' actions – are as shocked as any of the online commenters or news channel talking heads.

"It's very friendly here. I don't see much crime around this area," said 25-year-old Katie Gillette as she loaded packages into her car outside the Tops supermarket, around half a mile from where most of the video's protagonists live.

For Gillette, who described the video as "just unreal", the schoolboy bullies need strong punishment.

"I would make my son do something for her and apologise. I mean, he's just two and a half right now, but I would make him mow her lawn for a while."

After four children were identified under the original YouTube video as being Klein's taunters, an address was procured through 4chan for one of them, Wesley Helm. On Thursday, Helm's father, Robert, apologised for his son's behaviour. "I would say I'm sorry. This is not the way I raised my kids. I never would in my wildest dreams think they were capable of this," Helm said in a TV interview.

There are plenty of lawns to be mown on Helm's street, where big, comfortable wood-panelled houses sit back from the road, freshly trimmed grass spanning the distance from pavement to property.

It's not a deprived neighbourhood. Most of the two-storey properties have two cars on the driveway, with double garages gaping open outside some, enabling that particularly American past-time of yardwork.

There was no sound, and no response at the Helm household, with doors and windows closed and curtains drawn. A basketball net stood unused on the drive, next to two SUVs.

Neighbours said up to three police cars had been parked outside the home on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning, but there was no police presence on Thursday night. One woman, who asked not to be named, said the residents of the Helm household were "not our sort of people". She had called the police four years ago after her house was "egged", suspecting that the eggs were hurled from the Helm's yard, but it was never proved.

One of the other boys, Brandon Teng, lives around a two-minute walk away, in a similar white-washed, two storey house. Like at the Helm household, there was a forlorn-looking basketball net outside the property. There was also no response.

Klein said on Thursday that she does not want to press charges against the four 13-year-olds named as her verbal abusers, but it will fall upon Greece Central School District to determine the punishment for the Athena Middle School students, which is likely to be a period of suspension.

Back at Tops, John Kier was among several people the Guardian spoke to who felt that the retribution was unlikely to be sufficient.

"We need to get them cleaning the bathrooms," said Caroline Klepacz, 47. "Back when I was a kid, you'd have been given a toothbrush and be cleaning the latrines."

Klepacz, who works with children with disabilities, said in addition to the lavatory cleaning the four involved "should have to ride the bus all summer long".

"They should have to be a bus monitor with this woman, and be bullied by kids that are younger than them."

Kevin Herrington, a 49-year-old painting contractor, thought that disrespect from children was "more prevalent nowadays".

"I'm sure our parents said the same thing about us," he said. "But I think as generations go on and on I think it's getting worse, I don't see it getting any better. Now again though, I've been around kids that age who are unbelievably respectful, but I've seen the other side too."

In some comments online there is much clamour for a return to corporal punishment, a return to the stronger chastisement of decades ago.

But in an era when antics can go from schoolbus to international audience in a matter of minutes, the children's names and addresses have aready been published, while they have witnessed international condemnation of their parents and received thousands of threats of violence.

Those involved may already have received a punishment harsher than any a school official could ever administer.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When I was in the cyber space I was tormented the same way. We need to put an end to this cycle of hatred. Being bullied is not a part of growing up:mad::mad:

Latest this morning is she'll be getting at least US$550,000 from a fund raising for her to get a vacation after this torment. I believe the target set was something like US$5,000. The figure is still climbing. Also SQ Airlines I believe is providing here like first class ticket and all expenses paid to Disneyland. There's also a upmarket resort offering her 1st class ticket plus 5 days stay in their top presidential suite plus spas and makan and basically everything.

Ron Ron you should post your torments here and I am sure many PAP sympathizers will maybe ministers themselves will set up a RonRon Tormented fund for you and I am sure SIA will also offer you free tickets, fuck you're gonna be going to France for free.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is nothing compare to the pap and it's running dogs daily raping and plundering of sinkees.

Ronron, stop all your bullying!

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I been bullied my whole life because I'm fat

In primary school, in secondary school, in polytechnic, at work

I cried when I watched this video - I know how she feels

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In primary school, in secondary school, in polytechnic, at work

I cried when I watched this video - I know how she feels

I think bro Raiders like to sayang you, he like piak-piak sound.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in secondary school I was in library doing my own reading, a classmate came up to me and said why don't you join us, you look so sad in your little corner

Then she said can I hold you to comfort you

Then she said oh if I put my arms around you my hands can't touch each other

Then the whole group jumped out from behind the shelves and laughed at me

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two months ago after I came back from lunch at work, I found on my desk a full page advertisement of a slimming centre and on it was written, go slim down lah, we pay for your course if you are successful

followed by aiyah, sure save money one

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Raiders! Where the fuck are you? Come quick to the rescue!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Why don't you get off your fat ass and lose some weight then. :rolleyes:

You're fat because you consume more calories than you burn. The solution is simple :

1) Eat less.
2) Exercise more
3) Do both.

Nobody else made you fat. You did that to yourself by filling your face too often.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly it reminded me of the old man when his in hey days would harangue, taunt and outright bully his rivals and anyone prepared to make a point contrary to his with labels and names. I was shocked when at Fullerton during a GE campaign, he began to disparage Chiam of all people about his school results. Imagine, Chiam was a lawyer by training and profession, yet he felt the need to dig into his past as thoug he failed school. He also did it to Teo Soh Lung during the Select Committee hearing. SC and GCT's favourite counsel Harry Ellias was wilting like a 3 day flower yet managed to hang on to his dignity by the skin of his teeth.

Mind you the Select Committee was anything but select or even a committee. Its Chairman Barker had his powers completely usurped by the old man. Old man badgered his own cabinet member and a supposedly a friend and a compatriot. It must have been the lowest point in Barker's career.

That video is a classic is showing how bullies if not put in their place will grow up in society. Throwing the key away on people who are more capable.

Why he was bullying the whole country, hsi wife was raking in millions in conveyancing fees. Imagine to buy a 2 storey bungalow in the best surburb in places like OZ cost about $500 . In Singapore until his wife's retirement it ran well past $10k. Nobody had the balls to change it while she was in the conveyancing carriage. Disgraceful.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all people, you fell for a troll. I used to get a lot of advice from you on falling victim to troll baits especially in the emigration section. I still can't help myself. This one is probably Irene or her sister.

Why don't you get off your fat ass and lose some weight then. :rolleyes:

You're fat because you consume more calories than you burn. The solution is simple :

1) Eat less.
2) Exercise more
3) Do both.

Nobody else made you fat. You did that to yourself by filling your face too often.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Of all people, you fell for a troll. I used to get a lot of advice from you on falling victim to troll baits especially in the emigration section. I still can't help myself. This one is probably Irene or her sister.

I'm simply sending a message to all fat people... you don't have to stay that way.

I have no sympathy for fatties. :rolleyes:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hormonal Imbalance ?

I'm simply sending a message to all fat people... you don't have to stay that way.

I have no sympathy for fatties. :rolleyes:

Exercise is good but it may not really work if one is diagnosed to have clinical or hormonal obesity. Many thin girls in Taiwan could consume ten dishes including desserts per meal still managed to have slim bodies.

Someone said, "If you are as fat as me, drinking just plain water will still make you fat. I always envy those slim built girls who can gorge any amount of food all they want and yet still retaining their svelte figures."

male-hormones.jpg

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Irene Vincent Sear? :confused:

images

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Re: Hormonal Imbalance ?

Exercise is good but it may not really work if one is diagnosed to have clinical or hormonal obesity. Many thin girls in Taiwan could consume ten dishes including desserts per meal still managed to have slim bodies.

Someone said, "If you are as fat as me, drinking just plain water will still make you fat. I always envy those slim built girls who can gorge any amount of food all they want and yet still retaining their svelte figures."

That's a load of bullshit and one of the sorry excuses that fat people have invented to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their own predicament.

Fat is nothing more than stored energy and if you understand the laws of thermodynamics, you'll know that energy cannot be produced from nothing. It can only be converted from one form to another.

Anyone who consumes more energy than they burn will end up putting on weight while those who burn more than they consume will lose weight. Show me someone who can defy this equation and you'll have a solution to all the world's energy problems.

When it comes to finding the right balance between input and output, metabolic rate variations from one person to another come into play. Those with high metabolic rates can enjoy the luxury of eating lots without getting fat. Those with extremely slow rates put on weight very easily.

However, ones metabolic rate isn't fixed. It can be raised by leading an active lifestyle while sedentary habits slow it down. Crash course diets also cause a drastic lowering of the metabolic rate because the body responds to starvation by burning less calories in preparation for what the body perceives to be an impending famine. That's why dieting alone never works long term.

When I was in school, there was an average of only one fatty per cohort and he was usually the son of a millionaire who didn't have to lift a finger to do anything. The rest of us were thin because we walked or cycled to school, played hantam bola during recess and soccer after classes.

For more info read http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/causes.html