• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

this is why u shouldn't eat crab outside... cook yourself lah

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAN CHARGED $126 FOR 900g OF CRABS, "BOSS" MIA WHEN ASKING FOR REFUND
singaporeuncensored.com
non Finance, non loan, non property, non banking, non credit card
HS-5-1024x538.jpg
Credit Yeo Wei Han
A Facebook user has shared his unpleasant experience after deciding to order takeout from House of Seafood Punggol branch.
According to his post, the man brought 2 crabs from the restaurant and he was told that the crab weighs about 900g each priced at $70/kg. He was later charged $126 for the crabs he bought. When he was home, he noticed the crabs were extremely small and does not feel like 900g per piece.
HS-1.jpg
Credit Yeo Wei Han
He then decided to weigh of crabs he bought. The man then got a shock of his life to find that the 2 boxes of crabs only weighs slightly more than 900g.
HS-2.jpg
Credit Yeo Wei Han
HS-3.jpg
Credit Yeo Wei Han
In the end, the man contacted the restaurant wanting to ask for a refund but was never given a response. He then contacted the restaurant again through Facebook and was given the “Boss” number which was uncontactable.
Haven’t posted on FB in the longest time but I am so angry with 螃蟹之家 House of Seafood that I have to share this
We visited the Punggol branch on Father’s Day to takeaway crabs, and were told the crabs they had that day were about 900g each, priced at $70/kg. We decided to order 2 crabs, which they charged us at $126 for 1.8kg before GST.Upon opening up the containers at home we realised how suspiciously small the crabs looked. On instinct I decided to weigh the crabs with my kitchen scale (see photos). We scooped the chilli crab one out of the container so that we won’t be weighing too much of the gravy and it was 500g+ only. The black pepper sauce one was even more ridiculous, weighing just past 400g INCLUDING the sauce and container.

People Leave Their Jobs After Watching This Video
Tidak pernah jatuh sakit, kerana saya membersihkan saluran darah
How To Prevent A Heart Attack (Do This 3 Times A Day)
Means what? We were given only about 800-900g of crabs when we paid for 1.8kg?! How can they overcharge by so much?The next day I wanted to email them with photos but goodness me this company doesn’t even have any email address or feedback channel listed on their website. I finally managed to get an email address of their marketing person-in-charge through their FB, whom I then emailed my complaint to.
And u see her reply!! She said the kitchen staff may have been busy and overlooked. What kind of excuse is this? U overlook by 100-200g still reasonable la, but we’re now talking about 400-500g of difference per crab leh.And she offered me a $50 voucher for my NEXT visit. Uh hello? I may have a mum brain now but I can still do my math ok. You guys overcharged by at least 900g. 900/1000 x $70/kg + 7%GST = $67.40.Besides why would I even want to patronize such a dishonest establishment with lousy customer service again?
So I replied Angel telling her that I just want a refund of what I was overcharged for. She said she would check and revert but it’s been nearly a week now and there is no update from her. I texted them on FB Messenger this afternoon and they directed me to call their outlet manager, Ms Ho. This lady was just as unhelpful. I asked if there’s any one in higher authority that I can speak to and she said no. Finally she gave me a number of her “Boss” which so far has been uncontactable.
My dear friends please help me share this so that more people are aware of their dishonest business tactics. Hopefully they will not be so brazen at cheating their customers in future!”

HS-4.jpg
Credit Yeo Wei Han

knnccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn which is the original chili crab, all claim to be the first to bring in....chin wah heng, ponggol, no signboard, jumbo

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can afford to eat crab...then can also afford not to complain about price.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody had eaten coconut crab ?

had a taste in Cebu Phillipines
The meat taste quite like coconut as well
1607079160633.jpeg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
do you bring a weighing scale to the restaurant when you eat crabs? how else would you know if you kena jiak qin tao?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle haven't eaten crab for decades after the last crab meal in thai KNN in sg my uncle will not want to donate money to make them leech KNN

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is of course the urban legend about why Sri Lankan crabs grow to so big. ... Now, there is the custom of throwing corpses into the river as part of the burial ritual which provide the crabs with the extra special protein that makes their claws grow to the size of your face.
1607080198294.jpeg

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay seafood must eat with sambal or ayer Assam. Super delicious.
Yup , the sambal with chips of fresh onions?

talking about sea food ,Ujong Pandang , in Sulawesi ,where all Bugis originated , have a hell a lot of sea food with Sambal , perhaps because Bugis had always been sea farers , been recorded selling sea cumber to ancient chinese ..not to mention their sailing boats traditionally built with not a single nail

it’s always a pleasure to eat Bugis varieties of Ikan Bakar with Guinness Stout
1607081464042.jpeg