• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This 2022 Dental charge in a neighbourhood clinic considers reasonable or expensive?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consultation/Examination = $30
Scaling & Polishing = $110
Amalgam filling(small) = $110
Consumables = $20 (NTUC Dental charge is $6)

Total=$270

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too expensive. Furthermore, who uses Amalgam fillings nowadays as the mercury in Amalgam are claimed to be toxic.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too expensive. Furthermore, who uses Amalgam fillings nowadays as the mercury in Amalgam are claimed to be toxic.

Amalgam is printed on the receipt, may not be it. If any bro can provide his charge here for comparison, would help.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, scaling and polishing $110. A few years ago it was just $50.

Because the dental industry is super competitive now, don't be surprised some dentists overcharge in order to defraud CHAS. :sneaky:

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, scaling and polishing $110. A few years ago it was just $50.

Because the dental industry is super competitive now, don't be surprised some dentists overcharge in order to defraud CHAS. :sneaky:

super competitive, price and service should be competitive too. I really can't imagine why consumable is $20. What you mean by defraud CHAS?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC Dental Clinic charge list

NTUC-denticare-pricelist.png

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal la. your teeth must be damn dirty so the dentist charged more for the scaling. If not dirty then u got marked up. consummables abit on the high side. Filling also on the high side. 70-90 shld be ok

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Consultation/Scaling & Polishing = $140. it is expensive. polyclinics dental are cheaper, but have to wait very long.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
super competitive, price and service should be competitive too. I really can't imagine why consumable is $20. What you mean by defraud CHAS?
Can try Q&M Dental. They may be slightly cheaper I think. If you can go to JB, they charge between RM160 and RM200 to fill a single pre-molar tooth in JB, depending on complexity. They don't use Amalgam, but a new type of synthetic resin. Although it won't last as long as Almagam (5 years at least no problem) but it's non-toxic.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC Dental Clinic charge list

NTUC-denticare-pricelist.png

At that price, you can go to a nice boutique dental clinic downtown and have an experienced dentist (not interns or recent grads) deal with your dental matters.

And stop giving money to ALL NTUC ventures whenever possible. Some NTUC groceries and household items might be unavoidable. A dental clinic visit definitely is avoidable. Daft Sinkies see 'NTUC' and like Pavlovian dogs, are conditioned to think it is honest, prices are reasonable, doesn't rip off customers etc. :rolleyes:

aquilonian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is too expensive and you cannot afford proper dental treatment then I stand ready to provide you with financial assistance. You only have to open your mouth and ask. Please dont hesitate and dont be shy.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is too expensive and you cannot afford proper dental treatment then I stand ready to provide you with financial assistance. You only have to open your mouth and ask. Please dont hesitate and dont be shy.
Ah, finally you are back in action. I'm just giving some advice to @duluxe lah. It's none of your concern at all. Don't be a kaypoh okay. Show me your account balance here first before you dare to comment any further.

With that few hundred dollars you now have in hand, I can't even do a proper polishing job. WTF? In addition, I would suggest you to use whatever few hundred dollars and Ringgits you have now to make a trip to Korea to sew up your Pussy so that it can then be certified to be a revitalized (but not brand new) abalone again and thereafter, to sell yourself (meaning your Pussy) for a prime value. Your only resolution now is for this to happen. Once your abalone is fully restored, I may consider to accept you as my Small Three (subject to your looks and boob size as I'm very choosy type and don't simply accept any Ah Hua or Ah Lian type of face, okay) and make you 'Ikut....Ikut....ikut.....kimoji..ikuuuuutttt..kimojiiii" once again.

But remember ah, if you want to qualify to be my Small Three, you must at least have this type of caliber to be shortlisted for my consideration. Otherwise, don't even bother to apply:

J.jpg

PS: My apologies to @duluxe for hijacking your thread. I'll try to avoid if possible. That @aquilonian has no shame at all to disturb your thread here. She's totally a disrespectful and shameful bitch to begin with.

@aquilonian: Hey Bitch, don't be a spoilsport and disturb other forumer's thread okay. If you want to duel with me, start a new thread of your own if you are brave enough. Otherwise, a Pussy will always remain a Pussy and I'll always despise such coward Chao Pussies and finally, may you get raped by a Bangla using his thick black cock soon.

Last edited:

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about Q &
Can try Q&M Dental. They may be slightly cheaper I think. If you can go to JB, they charge between RM160 and RM200 to fill a single pre-molar tooth in JB, depending on complexity. They don't use Amalgam, but a new type of synthetic resin. Although it won't last as long as Almagam (5 years at least no problem) but it's non-toxic.
Forget about Q & M, I did a simple extraction of a simple molar cost me, $270 at City Square Mall. That was a few years back then. The best to go for holiday in Thailand & get all you teeth filling, cleaning or crowning done at a reputable dentist clinic in Bangkok, if not at the Samitivej or Bangkok hospital. Your hotel & food expenses included will cost less than in Singapore. You can go by cheaper airlines instead of SQ or Thai. Missed those days that Swiss Air & SA cost about $200 for two way ticket.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about Q & M, I did a simple extraction of a simple molar cost me, $270 at City Square Mall. That was a few years back then. The best to go for holiday in Thailand & get all you teeth filling, cleaning or crowning done at a reputable dentist clinic in Bangkok, if not at the Samitivej or Bangkok hospital. Your hotel & food expenses included will cost less than in Singapore. You can go by cheaper airlines instead of SQ or Thai. Missed those days that Swiss Air & SA cost about $200 for two way ticket.
That's quite expensive indeed. But I remember they have their price listing at the counter and you can consult on this prior to any consultation.

If it's already in pain, how to wait to go to Thailand? Plus the costs of the hotel accommodation, local transportation and air-tickets, unless you will be there also for a holiday as well, otherwise it's not worth the hassle to go there just for a tooth extraction. Furthermore, air-ticket prices are not expected to come down until the middle of next year due to the present high demand.

Swiss Air and SA were mostly late flights, reaching Bangkok after 10pm. Not very convenient timings. I've taken Swiss Air to Zurich via Bangkok a few times before.

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consultation/Scaling & Polishing = $140. it is expensive. polyclinics dental are cheaper, but have to wait very long.
Cannot afford to pay high price at some clinic to speed up.
Then must be able to afford to queue long waiting list at cheaper place

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather use the money buy a good powerful electric toothbrush. I've been using electric toothbrush for decades, never visit dentist.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Q&M is trash. Inexperienced (and I suspect freshly graduated) dentists. High turnover rate, which means you might not see the same dentist in future visits.

Rule of thumb: if the dental clinic has many outlets, is run like a franchise, avoid like the plague. Doesn't matter if it's Q&M or some other more 'atas' brand.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q&M is trash. Inexperienced (and I suspect freshly graduated) dentists. High turnover rate, which means you might not see the same dentist in future visits.

Rule of thumb: if the dental clinic has many outlets, is run like a franchise, avoid like the plague. Doesn't matter if it's Q&M or some other more 'atas' brand.
I agree with you that many of their dentists are fresh graduates. But their equipment used are newer and in better condition that those old private dental clinics. If you go to Polyclinics, you cannot even tahan the pain due to the long appointment date.