• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

thinking of selling all my shares in hand

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am tired, dun want to keep anymore. i find that when i speculate in shares, all my energy channeled into watching market and reading all nonsense. trust me, there will be no recession. i just want to sell and use the money go happy. life is short, dun want to waste what money go invest this and that. :wink:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
this is whats going to happen to the stock market.

stock mart.jpg

i am tired, dun want to keep anymore. i find that when i speculate in shares, all my energy channeled into watching market and reading all nonsense. trust me, there will be no recession. i just want to sell and use the money go happy. life is short, dun want to waste what money go invest this and that. :wink:

techiedick

Alfrescian
Loyal
too late.

If you follow the herd, you will fall into the same pit.

If you eat from a different grass, you may be the king of the plains

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my shares bought years ago,all making a bit if i let go, i wanna do something else of interest to me.

too late.

If you follow the herd, you will fall into the same pit.

If you eat from a different grass, you may be the king of the plains

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. investment be it in stock or others does have risks involved.
2. of course, there will be happy times and anxious moments.
3. putting all your monies into one basket is pretty high risk.
4. bro, get a hobby or what!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you're right...................there'll be no recession......................just a depression..............

it won't come so soon...................the bankers will wait a few more years so everyone will be totally crushed..............

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just stick to the good shares only, don't mess with the lousy penny stocks. But for right now, it is a good idea to rebalance portfolio to 90% cash and 10% stocks. Just too much wild market volatility these days. Cannot sleep at night if you have a big chunk of money in stocks!!!

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell when the market is low now? Think should wait a bit more unless you really need the money for somehting. :cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeehaa, still riding the market rodeo & have seen the prices of most of my shares go up. :smile:

Not surprised that you want to get out. I guess it's common, heard that it's something that's known as "capitulation"
If you can't take the stress suggest you take some off the table but I think it would be a mistake to get out now.

As for me I'm learning about options & ETFs. Options is a cheaper way to play the market. ETFs is more stable than the single stocks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,everybirdie, thanks for your input. i will see how dow perform tmr nite, the trend is that sti takes cue from dow. if ok, i will let go on tue before it plunge again. this volatility is expected to last for the coming months until the west as in europe and us's dick heads figure out how to resolve their economy. that's why i think there is no recession or depression, just up and down,see-saw.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you the same kind of speculator as HJ?, the market slide down...sell!!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no! second thought, normally, in september month, stocks perform badly. i may hold on further.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
krafty said:
no! second thought, normally, in september month, stocks perform badly. i may hold on further.

Rebalance your portfolio if you are not too sure. Move more to high yielding stocks (see I am already using American English) and just enjoy the dividends.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dividend stocks is not sure win also, what makes you think dividend stocks will not be hit if market performing badly. probably the dividend will cover a bit of your losses.:p

Rebalance your portfolio if you are not too sure. Move more to high yielding stocks (see I am already using American English) and just enjoy the dividends.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,everybirdie, thanks for your input. i will see how dow perform tmr nite, the trend is that sti takes cue from dow. if ok, i will let go on tue before it plunge again. this volatility is expected to last for the coming months until the west as in europe and us's dick heads figure out how to resolve their economy. that's why i think there is no recession or depression, just up and down,see-saw.

Don't bother. There's no political impetus whatsoever for a recovery. The single currency was doomed from the start and yet the European apparatchiks are still in denial. They are pumping more debts into the Eurozone as we speak, abetted by the debt addicts in America. :rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
krafty said:
dividend stocks is not sure win also, what makes you think dividend stocks will not be hit if market performing badly. probably the dividend will cover a bit of your losses.:p

That's exactly what I mean. In a market that is doing yoyo and has no clear direction and you do not want to pull out yet, the best you can do is to go for dividend and forget for the time being on the share price.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
laymen analysis - so many brains, dun tell me they cannot resolve this crisis meh???:rolleyes:

Don't bother. There's no political impetus whatsoever for a recovery. The single currency was doomed from the start and yet the European apparatchiks are still in denial. They are pumping more debts into the Eurozone as we speak, abetted by the debt addicts in America. :rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
krafty said:
laymen analysis - so many brains, dun tell me they cannot resolve this crisis meh???:rolleyes:

If you have been sitting on a mistake for 10 years, you need as many years to make it right. Don't you see some similarities in Singapore?