• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of investments, which bank or financial institute to approach?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are thinking of investing in shares you should be looking for a broker & not a bank. However some banks do have a brokerage arm.

If you are looking into unit trusts, also known as mutual funds, then you can get them via a bank. However unit trusts are a very bad way to invest because you have to pay a yearly management fee. I have some unit trusts in my portfolio & despite having them for 10+ years they are the poorest performers:(

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best performer in Stinking land now is License Money Lender aka LML. Set up one company. Returns confirmed! why? Stinkees balless. Matas hide in ambulance? ministars say everything in control.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you PM me and I'll give you Western Union number, I will get the Prince of Persia to transfer USD$24,000,000 to your bank account of your choice. All you need to do is transfer me an admin fee of $30,000 so that the bank can release the frozen funds. Don't worry, this is not a scam, we are merely redistributing wealth.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am helping my boss, who's computer-illiterate, for the past 2 months broker in SBLC's (Standby Letter of Credit). Fooking 'ell, he's earning 1% (mostly) but occasionally 0.5% of half a billion Euro each deal.

On top of this, he's selling bonds issued by a Brit law firm, guaranteed by the British Govt. This law firm uses the funds generated to sue the top banks in Britain that has sold toxic bonds. Yield is like 7-8% per annum, and can fetch 11% or more for 2 or 3 year bonds. All these naturally is quite beyond me, an illiterate and unsavoy in the world of high finance.

In all the meetings, which I have to sit in and bore my piles out from me ass, these guys are pretty motivated, and sure as my piles, I am looking at a few deci-millionaires in the making, if they are already not. Hopefully their promises hold true and, as I have described to them, I will be more than satisfied just having some crumbs to mop up the gravy on their plates. Obviously my grovelling agrees with them and they accept me as their poor cousin from across the tracks. But, it beats driving a taxi.

Again, I have been drinking and couldn't resist posting. Have to remind myself don't drink and post.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't insurance to invest. Insurance is for protection.

Agreed, insurance companies love fools who invest in them. You'll get shit returns which is not even assured, and they give you a shitty insurance policy as a consolation prize.

Prudential and Great Eastern these days -
Oh you have cancer, we are so sorry to hear about it, but we can't pay out because you never die.

Last edited:

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed, insurance companies love fools who invest in them. You'll get shit returns which is not even assured, and they give you a shitty insurance policy as a consolation prize.

Prudential and Great Eastern these days -
Oh you have cancer, we are so sorry to hear about it, but we can't pay out because you never die.

Another PAP con job, the eldershield.

(What are the benefits of ElderShield?
You will receive a monthly cash payout of $300 should you become "disabled". You can draw this sum of money for up to 60 months, and can use the money to help you pay for a type of care that is suitable for your needs (e.g. home nursing services, day rehabilitation, nursing homes, etc). For someone who recovers but becomes "disabled" again, he will still get the cash payout as long as the total payout period is not more than 60 months.)

What does "disabled" means?
For ElderShield purposes, "disabled" means unable to do at least 3 of these activities - washing, dressing, feeding, toileting, mobility, and transferring. See Annex A for details of what "disabled" means.

Only way you get the benefits is to be disabled before you die. Tell me how many people go through the 'disable' phase before dying? Even if you get terminal illness like cancer, you are still not 'disable' if you can self-feed, go toilet etc. PAP really is conning all the CPF $.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any except OCBC - I lost $40k without seeing daylight
It is only interested in earning commission AND after discovering that turnaround is hopeless the mgr there will phone you to liquidate n re-invest in another so that he can make another 5% on your investment! These are unscrupolous vampires who do not have your interest ... commission n more commission is what they care. Talk too much they will tell you to lodge a complaint.
Remember: you lose money but they are still laffing their way to the bank - OBC

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you PM me and I'll give you Western Union number, I will get the Prince of Persia to transfer USD$24,000,000 to your bank account of your choice. All you need to do is transfer me an admin fee of $30,000 so that the bank can release the frozen funds. Don't worry, this is not a scam, we are merely redistributing wealth.

Got prince of Persia meh?