• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"they promised to protect my son, now he's dead" - anguish of a loving mother

goondusamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
the design of the new saf jeep is just flawed.
in my army days the old type jeep has lower centre of gravity..the new one is so high and is proned to overturn...

Then why Mindef so goondu buy these type of vehicle? Got koruptpussy going on?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
By the way , anyone know if insurance cover army duty or not ? If yes, then cover every at least $10m .
Since stat is so low ntuc can be main insurer.

Knn you just showed them a new way to transfer our money from their left pocket to right pocket but not into our pockets.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Defence Minister should resign from his post.
If not he should lose one son , then he will fully understand the pain these parents are going through :rolleyes:

Spotter you're kidding us right? We're peasants they are masters. Since when PAP answers to us?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Defence Minister should resign from his post.
If not he should lose one son , then he will fully understand the pain these parents are going through :rolleyes:

All the officers that were relieved of their duties should be named and shamed! otherwise they will frolic into another GLC and no one will know!

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
just watched the news, the grieving mum is now trying to get her younger son of 16yo to be exempted from NS. she's apprehensive that she might lose this son too.

If they have any common decency, they should accept her appeal. Just like Sav ing Private Ryan

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err since when did SAF "promise" to protect young NSF? Their job is to train them to protect the Nation. Not Nation protecting the young boys. Performing National duty is about survival. Making sure that you are not the last, slowest, weakest in the group.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err since when did SAF "promise" to protect young NSF? Their job is to train them to protect the Nation. Not Nation protecting the young boys. Performing National duty is about survival. Making sure that you are not the last, slowest, weakest in the group.

Her son is not sissy type cannot do pull ups and run.... he is kenna smoke bomb to death

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the demised pte lee in the first place should have been exempted from doing NS. he had a medical condition and was asthmatic. for this , i think the entire MOD should be held responsible.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the demised pte lee in the first place should have been exempted from doing NS. he had a medical condition and was asthmatic. for this , i think the entire MOD should be held responsible.

If Asthma was a valid reason for exemption, Singapore might as well do away with the whole enlistment process.

Sinkies should just accept the fact that dying is a risk worth taking in order to defend the nation. I was prepared to die for my country. I don't see why others can't rise to the challenge.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Asthma was a valid reason for exemption, Singapore might as well do away with the whole enlistment process.

Sinkies should just accept the fact that dying is a risk worth taking in order to defend the nation. I was prepared to die for my country. I don't see why others can't rise to the challenge.

What are you talking about? it is more worthwhile dying from AIDS after screwing an infected PRC.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What are you talking about? it is more worthwhile dying from AIDS after screwing an infected PRC.

This pretty much reveals what sort of scum you are.

You're a prime example of someone who is worth more dead than alive. I hope the country gets rid of riff raff like you ASAP.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry to sidetrack a little, I cannot help but notices in posts #2 and #5 the reporters' names

Post #2 - Elizabeth LawFoo Jie Ying

Post #5 - Rennie WhangFoo Jie Ying

These type of family names very strange to me, is this in fashion and what's the significance?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to sidetrack a little, I cannot help but notices in posts #2 and #5 the reporters' names

These type of family names very strange to me, is this in fashion and what's the significance?

Both descendants of fools !:o

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
asthmatic attack can be spontaneous. the victim dunno when it would happen or what may trigger it. teresa teng was one of the victim and died following an asthmatic attack. it's not some symptom where CPR may help.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. joey, i have had encountered many of such specimen.
2. although married but does not want to drop its maiden surname mah!
3. making things damn complicated.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS is really killing our boys

MINDEF to compensate families of NSFs who died in training
By Vimita Mohandas | Posted: 15 November 2012 2236 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) disclosed on Thursday how it compensates families of servicemen who die while in service.

While MINDEF did not reveal the exact amount received by a family of a deceased serviceman, a ministry spokesperson said that a family will receive a death gratuity equivalent to 12 months of the last drawn monthly gross salary of a regular serviceman of equivalent rank.

In a reply to Channel NewsAsia, MINDEF said that the death gratuity is outside of its compensation framework.

Under MINDEF's compensation framework, a compensation quantum will be awarded to the family of the deceased serviceman if the death was due to service.

The quantum of this compensation is computed in accordance with the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) and the civil courts.

If the death occurred during military training, the family will also receive a Special Award, which doubles the total compensation award compared to what is prescribed under the WICA.

However, all this may be cold comfort to the bereaved families of Third Sergeant Tan Mou Sheng and Private Dominique Lee, both of whom died during training earlier this year.

Findings from the Committees of Inquiry (COI) convened after their deaths uncovered breaches of training safety regulations.

In the case of Private Dominique Lee, who died after a training exercise that involved smoke grenades, the COI found that only two smoke grenades should have been used instead of the six thrown by his Platoon Commander.

The mother of Dominique Lee said that she has been visiting her son's grave at Choa Chu Kang Cemetery every day since he died in April.

In the second case, the COI found that the driver of the vehicle Third Sergeant Tan Mou Sheng was in did not have a valid licence.

Third Sergeant Tan was thrown out of the vehicle when it flipped, pinning him under it.

- CNA/jc

the army should FULLY compensate for all the "investment" the bereaved parents have put into their dead army son. the army has robbed them of their hope, joy and love they have invested in their son.

going by the way MOD is meting out the compensation, it really cheapens the life of our army boys.

Last edited:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say but When it is time for you to go means you have to go. Whether he is in the army or walking along the road , times up.

VBScripts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was prepared to die for my country. I don't see why others can't rise to the challenge.

Hello Boss Sam, sure or not :eek: long time nber chat with you liao :biggrin:

I remembered during my time of NSF in the early 70s.....a guy having asthmatic was made to become GD (General Duty) man after BMT. Everyday he help out in the Cookhouse and cutting grass around the HQ Building only and 6 months later I recommended him for a clerk course and later served as a clerk and promoted him to LCP before his ROD :smile:

Last edited: