• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers Party Worst Nightmare

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Punggol East Byelection Results

PAP: 55%
WP: 14%
RP: 14%
SDA: 17%

If this scenario plays out, it will be the Workers Party worst nightmare, they are beaten by a confirmed loser like Desmond.

Hope that SDA just pay for volunteers and not votes.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst nightmare is if LLL win, she discover even more AIM type of issues and pap sabotage on unresolved rivervale mall.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If this scenario plays out, it will be the Workers Party worst nightmare, they are beaten by a confirmed loser like Desmond.

You are either Desmond Lim or someone from there. Good try on self consolation.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
But then again, voting for the good doctor is also appealing. Just a few more days to decide.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP nightmare is that LL win and she is not ready for parliament...

she is a doer, not a talker....

on most policy issues, LL like most in WP have no policy pet interest...

WP knee jerk idea on any problem is to throw money at it... subsidy subsidy subsidy subsidy subsidy, that is all they know

only GG and JJ have pet interests, health care and education respectively...

the elected MPs seem to view Parliament as a destination rather than a starting point....

even Png, which is quite sad.. once in parliament, he seem to view taking care of TC and grassroot even is so important that they can ignore their election promises

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Based on what has been reported in the multi media, your estimate or speculation is unlikely to be a reality in the near future.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on what has been reported in the multi media, your estimate or speculation is unlikely to be a reality in the near future.

I have to agree that scenario will not play out, there is no way SDA will get 17% of the votes. But let us say SDA gets the same percentage ie. 4.45% per the 2011 GE.

The following scenario will be indeed the Workers Party's worst nightmare!

PAP: 87.55%
WP: 4%
RP: 4%
SDA: 4.45%

In this scenario, the SDA will be the leading opposition party, something for Desmond to brag about.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
This will also be the Workers Party's worst nightmare!

PAP: 41%
WP: 25%
RP: 29.55%

This is a case where the SDA took 4.45% which otherwise would have gone to WP. RP emerged the leading opposition party in this BE and KJ now has earned the respect among the opposition.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree that scenario will not play out, there is no way SDA will get 17% of the votes. But let us say SDA gets the same percentage ie. 4.45% per the 2011 GE.

The following scenario will be indeed the Workers Party's worst nightmare!

PAP: 87.55%
WP: 4%
RP: 4%

In this scenario, the SDA will be the leading opposition party, something for Desmond to brag about.

With respect, I have no idea where you obtained your information and/or intelligence.
Perhaps, you may be conducting some kind of sensitivity analysis.
Regardless of your desire or specualtion, I believe that it is unlikely that the WP will receive a lower percentage of the votes than the results for Punggol East in the 2011 General Elections.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
With respect, I have no idea where you obtained your information and/or intelligence.
Perhaps, you may be conducting some kind of sensitivity analysis.
Regardless of your desire or specualtion, I believe that it is unlikely that the WP will receive a lower percentage of the votes than the results for Punggol East in the 2011 General Elections.

Good heavens, this is neither intelligence or analysis. It is just talk cock. Did you think this is a forum hosted by some renowned think tank institute?

Have a very nice day.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

are you insinuating that DL could be paying for votes? me think it's possible for him to sue you for slander/defamation with the above statement you know?

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
based on performance of all candidates in this pe, esp those 2 pigs from rp and sda, wp will not have any nightmare.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think A+ Sylvia is covering Law but I have to agree, somehow. On the other hand I can also understand their constraints.

There are only 6+2 of them. Not even half the number of Ministries. And with some expecting the WP to cover as wide the issues as possible, so it is not surprising that not all of them can have enough bandwidth to cover some specific subjects deep enough.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you truly think this scenario will happen? I mean you putting SDA with 17% is already making the sun come out from the west. with his strategy of going online, he will die of horrible death of 0.5%.

PAP was aro 55% the last round and the recent fiasco will at least cause a drop by 5-6%. I will say that it will only get around 49% the most.

While WP performance is so-so since GE, it nevertheless can sell through its brand name. The only set back for it is not all the people voted for them last round is WP fan. They voted WP because it was deemed best alternative, as compared to crying Desmond.

While Kenneth Jeyaratnam is still a fresh face on politics, he will gain support through his father's legacy. Afterall, Jeyaratnam fought in Punggol before with a strong support.

I think the share will be like this:

PAP 49%
WP 39%
RP 11%
SDA 0%

Desmond will have to retire.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think A+ Sylvia is covering Law but I have to agree, somehow. On the other hand I can also understand their constraints.

There are only 6+2 of them. Not even half the number of Ministries. And with some expecting the WP to cover as wide the issues as possible, so it is not surprising that not all of them can have enough bandwidth to cover some specific subjects deep enough.

some time I really do not know what the fuck they are doing

Last edited:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worst Nightmare is LLL winning. The Wayang Party will start losing excuse to continue their wayang in Parliament and actually have to work for their MP allowance

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not important, then why MIW have got PA and their bunch of grasslooters, har:confused::confused:

WP nightmare is that LL win and she is not ready for parliament...

even Png, which is quite sad.. once in parliament, he seem to view taking care of TC and grassroot even is so important that they can ignore their election promises