• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Ultimax & the Americans

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Did they get good prices for them? Nobody knows! Damn sure Diesenroth of IBD swiped tonnes of commission for helping brokered the deal and of course supplying amour upgrades to the Leo II. I recall ST saying these were made in 1970's........... so how can it be worldclass? STech made a lot of money from it too by replacing lots of the electronics & controls + armour nitty gritty - nobody look at the final bill, so it cud be close to if buying a real worldclass jewish MBT

Are you sure? If it was brokered at all. it would have been Kraus Maffei that did it. The germans have for many years put the word out that their Leo 2s were available for sale or lease. This is common knowledge in the SAF Armour. There is really no need for brokering, as MINDEF just calls up the German Defence Ministry, and viola, you have a deal. As for getting good prices, some countries were paying as little as USD$350K for one Leo 2. That is helluva a good price. It does not matter if the tank is from a 1970s design. So were the M1 Abrams and Merk. Both are still very good today. I am not sure what SAF paid ST Eng for the mods. They are mostly armour improvements though, through the AMAP package and some computer integration of their 3G battlefield doctrine. My guess is if they pay more than $1.5 million - $2 million, it was too much. So, all in, they got a modified Leo 2Sg for around $2 million. Its a good deal.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mothballed and junk is not the same. I am surprise you do not know the difference. Junk is when you just throw it outside and watch it rust and deteriorate in the weather conditions. Mothballed is when you prepare the vehicle for long term storage, usually in a controlled weather environment like a desert or indoors or underground storage. You also drain all the fluids, and seal the parts of the vehicles to prevent pest and animals form nesting inside. People are assigned to maintain the vehicles in this state and check on the conditions. Mothballed weaponry is an important part of many countries' armies.
The term is Driclad.... storage condition while still ready for a call up

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diesenroth had his fingers in the pie. He wheels n deals with his strong connections to Bundeswehr. I think his connections to Bundeswehr n German Defence ministry + S Tech are far stronger than Kraus Maffei. His company IBD has been S Tech strategic partner for a damn long time.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bundeswehr is downsizing. So the Leo can being dump on the world market on the cheap. i personally didnt get into the Leo2 while on reservist, even the Leo2 on display at the parade square for the unit stand down parade was locked. In fact, it the only vehicle that was lock while the rest were open for reservists and families to see. Some AMX tankee were a bit disappointed not to see the fire and control system on board the Leo2. So if SAF brought 70s Leo for a couple of mill and ST contract to refurnished the fire and control system, then spore again kenna robert head by the angmo.

i remember watching the show "the world best tanks" on starhub, it feature the swedish Leo2, it was claimed the every Leo come with a lifetime warranty by manufacturer. So is it the same deal for the SAF?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bundeswehr is downsizing. So the Leo can being dump on the world market on the cheap. i personally didnt get into the Leo2 while on reservist, even the Leo2 on display at the parade square for the unit stand down parade was locked. In fact, it the only vehicle that was lock while the rest were open for reservists and families to see. Some AMX tankee were a bit disappointed not to see the fire and control system on board the Leo2. So if SAF brought 70s Leo for a couple of mill and ST contract to refurnished the fire and control system, then spore again kenna robert head by the angmo.

i remember watching the show "the world best tanks" on starhub, it feature the swedish Leo2, it was claimed the every Leo come with a lifetime warranty by manufacturer. So is it the same deal for the SAF?

Bundeswehr downsizing? Thought the only European military doing so is the UK

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes they are, they are moving from a conscript based army to a professional volunteer based one.

They were never a conscript based army, they had conscription, but it was only 6 months. They have a large standing professional army of almost 190000. At any one time, the conscription portion is only about 25,000.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They were never a conscript based army, they had conscription, but it was only 6 months. They have a large standing professional army of almost 190000. At any one time, the conscription portion is only about 25,000.

Weren't the Bundeswehr a conscript based army back in the cold war? Their counterpart across the border - VNA was conscription based like all soviet armies back then.

Anyway, they did their last conscription this year in Jan and will suspend conscription from then onwards.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weren't the Bundeswehr a conscript based army back in the cold war? Their counterpart across the border - VNA was conscription based like all soviet armies back then.

Anyway, they did their last conscription this year in Jan and will suspend conscription from then onwards.

Actually, the bullk of West Germany's defence back inthe Cold War was from American and British Forces, plus tatical nukes

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Diesenroth had his fingers in the pie. He wheels n deals with his strong connections to Bundeswehr. I think his connections to Bundeswehr n German Defence ministry + S Tech are far stronger than Kraus Maffei. His company IBD has been S Tech strategic partner for a damn long time.

WHo told you he has strong connections to the Bundeswehr? His company is so small that I don't even think they are a top 20 supplier to the Bundeswehr as a defence contractor. I asked my german friend about IBD. He does not know too much about them nor does he care. And he should know, as he is the military adviser to a German MP overseeing defence matters. If you know anything about Kraus Maffei, u will know they are many times bigger than IBD, for you to say IBD's connections are stronger than KF is ridiculous.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHo told you he has strong connections to the Bundeswehr? His company is so small that I don't even think they are a top 20 supplier to the Bundeswehr as a defence contractor. I asked my german friend about IBD. He does not know too much about them nor does he care. And he should know, as he is the military adviser to a German MP overseeing defence matters. If you know anything about Kraus Maffei, u will know they are many times bigger than IBD, for you to say IBD's connections are stronger than KF is ridiculous.

So your "german" friend said so, it must be so? Since he does 'not know too much about" IBD, just ask him to shutthefuckup! So what if KM is many times bigger than IBD? We are talking about panzer & panzierung - you cannot escape taking note of IBD - who the hell do you think put armour onto German tanks? Your german does not know, so it cannot be IBD?

Talking too much out of ignorance shows his utter stupidity!

Chey.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So your "german" friend said so, it must be so? Since he does 'not know too much about" IBD, just ask him to shutthefuckup! So what if KM is many times bigger than IBD? We are talking about panzer & panzierung - you cannot escape taking note of IBD - who the hell do you think put armour onto German tanks? Your german does not know, so it cannot be IBD?

Talking too much out of ignorance shows his utter stupidity!

Chey.

Look who's talking. U have no idea who my german friend is, nor what his credentials are. U are the one that should shut the fuck, dumbshit. KF does much more than just put armour into german tanks like IBD. Even IBD armour is not OEM, just an add on. U think Disenroth has more influnce than them? Dream on. Just because Disenroth say he has a lot of influence in the Bundeswehr, and you believe him? If He says he got a big bavarian Bratwurst, u suck it too? I doubt u have even met a german much less one in with any involvement in the german military. Talk bullshit.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look who's talking.

Evidently I am talking to a fucking lowlife aka Papsmearer. Period. :oIo:

U have no idea who my german friend is, nor what his credentials are.

Sure....... like the former Defence Minister who lost his PhD & quit? Really who cares? Go impress my doggie!

U are the one that should shut the fuck, dumbshit.

Why should I, you moronic lowlife bullshitter.

KF does much more than just put armour into german tanks like IBD.

KF? Fuck you! It is Kraus Maffei or KM! You braindead or something?

Even IBD armour is not OEM, just an add on.

tsk, tsk, tsk ... empty vessel makes the most noise. IBD has many patents on panzierung of fighting vehicle. Dun know, just shut the fuckup like your Nuremberger bratwurst - if you know what it is!

U think Disenroth has more influnce than them? Dream on.

You are out of context moron. BTW it is Deisenroth - go back to school n re-learn your spelling

Just because Disenroth say he has a lot of influence in the Bundeswehr, and you believe him?

& I shud believe you & your disgraced german teeny weeny wurst?He din say so but lots of bigwigs in ST Engrg did incl its CTO

If He says he got a big bavarian Bratwurst, u suck it too?

He has reserve it for you. Exclusive since you worship all things german. Smackt gut Arschloch? Deisenroth is Rheinlander not Bavarian, so why Bavarian Bratwurst? You got raped by one too many - shiok isn't it?

I doubt u have even met a german much less one in with any involvement in the german military.

Hahaha, Stick your doubt in your arsehole!

Talk bullshit.

Amazing! Arsehole's talking! Go die & never come back.

Last edited: