• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Teo Ho Pin Riddle. Come in and contribute your answers ! Thanks.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends,

We had alot of energetic outburst about Dr. Teo's insistence that Singaporeans should say thanks to him and his team for running a portfolio that have lost 18 million dollars of the Tax Payer's money.

Now, some questions remained unanswered.

Almost all the press coverage and even some of the response we have from the many discussions we had so far, did not even begin to ask the most important question.

Before I post them, do you have any idea what those questions are ?

My aim is simple. There are alot of PAP smoke bombs about. Alot of us unknowingly or knowingly have been brainwashed to respond in a certain manner. I have watch this trend for the longest time, and for once I just need to be sure, that there are folks around who share my similar sentiments.

Now many of you could be reading and digesting all the arguments and are tempted to post something that you might want to know but have not been address. Now its your chance.

Let's share our opinions in this issue and open up some real conversation about this whole mess of the Town Council mismanagement of our funds.

Dan

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
question 1 : who make the f^&%$king decision to invest in those bonds??

question 2 : so what r u going to do to him/her/them?

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
question 1 : who make the f^&%$king decision to invest in those bonds??

question 2 : so what r u going to do to him/her/them?

Dear Sifu,

Great ! Now think abit harder now. It is something potentially more explosive then that.

I am sorry, I am in no way trying to keep anyone in suspense nor am I trying to humour you.

Let's wait for a few more response and see what we get :P

Cheers buddy !

Dan

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dan Hi

Easy peasy.

Riddle #1 - What is the Town Councils' main role?
Riddle #2 - What are they going to do with the excess funds anyway? Are they going to lessen the TC charges or are they hoarding a war chest to bang the financial market?
Riddle #3 - Is Dr Teo a mangy dog?

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
No riddle. Many skeletons. All government agencies are used as investment vehicles. 35% is in excess of fighting single digit inflation loss of funds.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oli !

Hey great to see you here :P Its been a while !

Well, I am sorry, very close though. But well something potentially more explosive then that.

Perhaps, just perhaps I might be wrong in thinking it is explosive.

But well lets wait for more response shall we ?

Cheers buddy :smile:

And thanks for your response.

Dan

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear LeegimeRemover,

Well certainly you hit the nail on the head ! Its true, that the points you have raised have not been covered adequately in the current debate.

But there is something more :smile:

Let's wait for a while more before I list those questions.

I thank you for your patience...

Cheers !

Dan

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, like I've written in a previous post, I question the TC's motivation for buying minibonds.

TCs are non-profit and there should be no incentive for anyone to take risks.

Who benefitted from the sale...?

What is the relationship between the seller and buyer...?

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why can't they just put the money in a fixed deposit :confused:

Dear Sally,

Many thanks for your swift response. You are right to probably think that there must be a certain guidelines that need to be followed in seeing that our money are not being put into crap portfolios.

And yes, its a can of worms. What are the regulatory measures or body responsible in seeing that our funds in the town council are not mismanaged.

Your guess is as good as mine.

But nopes, thats not it. I was looking at something else.

Cheers :smile:

Let more response be posted first.

Dan

Last edited:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oli !

Hey great to see you here :P Its been a while !

Well, I am sorry, very close though. But well something potentially more explosive then that.

Perhaps, just perhaps I might be wrong in thinking it is explosive.

But well lets wait for more response shall we ?

Cheers buddy :smile:

And thanks for your response.

Dan

Dan Hi
No problem. But wouldnt it be explosive if Dr Teo is indeed a mangy dog. If only he's wearing the leash given to him last xmas by his masters.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, like I've written in a previous post, I question the TC's motivation for buying minibonds.

TCs are non-profit and there should be no incentive for anyone to take risks.

Who benefitted from the sale...?

What is the relationship between the seller and buyer...?

Towkay ! Good morning :P

Well quite frankly, you are spot on too. Till date, we have no idea how are our town council sinking funds are being managed. No methodology, no accountability etc. Nothing zero and zilch.

Why are the Pappies so tight lip about it ???

And yes, the relationship between seller and buyer is an excellent point. But before that, we have to wonder are the Town Council listed as a business entity ? So if they screwed up, are there legal procedures where the contributors of that fund be able to seek redress ?

Bro, allow me sometime, and I would list more questions that need to be asked.

I thank you for your patience.

Give me a while more.

Dan

Last edited:

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL.

Well, don't forget that he was once the former head of the Consumer Association of Singapore.

There were talks that when he was offered to go for the MP Potential tea session, one of the conditions is that CASE must tone down its vigour in fighting for the consumers about the numerous transport hike.

That happen, and the rest is history. The old team of CASE was kicked out, and Yeo the Fei Chai Kwang took over and now it is part of the PAP.

Dan

SevenEleven

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Why did TC collect so much more money than they required?
2. The lame excuse of investing in a bid to beat inflation. Did they understood economic? Didn't they know that by locking the money that was necessary for the people here and now means devaluing them in the future?
3. Did Dr Teo meant that they had made $26m in the past means it is OK for the $12m loss? Is is OK to take from a company fund now and then repay them in the future with interest on being asked?

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Seven,

Execellent points. Well, let's wait for some more response :smile:

Friends, if you are reading this, mai tu liow. Just list those questions you want ANSWERS to.

Even if it is repeated in one way or another, NEVER MIND. Just take this thread to vent your thoughts.

Let's just share and really open up a conversation here.

Many thanks !

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i question why mangy dog teo did not joined the protest in hong lim..

is it becos not his own $$.. :oIo:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Dboy,

My questions are:
1. How are they gonna recover the money? By having more investments (while the market is low)?
2. Are they intending to write the loss off?
3. Are they going to increase the SC&C charges to cover their loss or from out of the million minister's own pocket (unlikely).
4. Are they going to review the process of their TC investments? Central control or "Devolution"??? (Learn good English from PAP everyday).
5. How much surplus of sinking funds is enough?

rainnx

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No riddle lah, the word "thankful" has been commonly used by members of pap in a given set of standard template for response. This will help to dilute their guilt and still made them looking great.

We know the silent slogan behind pap is "image" protection and safeguarding. This is especially of utmost important to the LEEgime and without which they will fall. Thus it became a strong unalterable guideline:- never bend down to anyone and never say sorry for the gravest blunder even within their own pap junior members.

Never in pap dictionary have they wanted to act like a gentleman, and unless there is no other way to hide obvious error, like allowing MAS escape, they can easily shove the blame down peasants neck for complaceny and still able to credit themselves for the job "well done".

Whoever that utter praises and gratitude more frequently, without shame or guilt. in parliament will ensure fast promotion and sealed infallible positions. This is all about politic, about lies and all dirty tricks under the sky. Beware.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In sinkeeland,this is a real joke !In Japan or Korean,the govt official will apologised,resigned or hara-kiri.In sinkeeland,u have to thank the public servant
for losing people's money in unwise investments.Maybe he ought to be further promoted and compensated for his excellent performance!This is a sick and rotten society where there is no more conscience.