• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Story Telling has begun

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It started off with the Prataman selling his book, that wonder what he is doing here?, then the Shortie Mah telling his tales from his salad days, driving a bus...now we have the 'Bottleneck Singer" man, Limp Sway Sway, telling you about his love life...read it today (May 01, 2010) The Shit Times...

Soon....more tales coming...:biggrin:

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the prataman has got his facts wrong about the Laju hijackers or Bukum bombers, he claimed that they failed to blow up the oil tanks in Pulau Bukum. So why did Singapore give them (the 4 terrorists) a safe passage out taking with them 13 civil servants (including 4 Commandos) as hostages?

Why did Singapore give in to their (the terrorists) demands? Surely they were successful, not what the prataman said, it was a failed attempt.

The prataman is just selling propogana.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bargain Hen will say how he got inspired by his hairstylist to join politics. Vivian will say he had a dream one night, which inspired him to organize youth olympics. Ass Loong broke a leg to save a platoon mate. Rear Teo Cheebye will say he braved rain to march with his soldiers.

S

suicidalpap

It started off with the Prataman selling his book, that wonder what he is doing here?, then the Shortie Mah telling his tales from his salad days, driving a bus...now we have the 'Bottleneck Singer" man, Limp Sway Sway, telling you about his love life...read it today (May 01, 2010) The Shit Times...

All the PAP burglars should be sacked for doing sideline writing books praising themselves. When the former Thai premier Samak Sundaravej appeared in t.v. teaching people how to cook, he was immediately sacked for not doing his job as a PM.
The same must go to this prata man and scoundrel LKY.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the PAP burglars should be sacked for doing sideline writing books praising themselves. When the former Thai premier Samak Sundaravej appeared in t.v. teaching people how to cook, he was immediately sacked for not doing his job as a PM.
The same must go to this prata man and scoundrel LKY.

This goes to show how much time he has in the Istana. It is very difficult to collect $3m a year doing nothing.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only Prataman. Today, the TP brothel wasted 2 huge pages on that useless deaf frog. He admits that he was 'Chinese-helicopter' but he can speak neither Chinese nor English fluently. He said that when Chinese High School asked him to spaek at their School Anniversary dinner, he warned them that by the end of the night, they would know he was Chinese-ed but he coudl not speak Chinese! Wtf! He's so proud of that! And we pay him $millions to tell Sinkies he's incompetent, and they still voted for him!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wtf! He's so proud of that! And we pay him $millions to tell Sinkies he's incompetent, and they still voted for him!

Although he is a PAPPY Minister, I don't hate him - he is more a subject of ridicule.

You can say he is honest or plain stupid.
Honest to admit he has problems with 'L' & 'R' & master of neither language.

Stupid enough not to realize many of his stories are plain corny - whether talking about the deaf frog or expressing his happiness whenever he see his CPF statement etc. Isn't he AWARE of the asinine quality of those kinds of remarks ?

Looking at the ST photos of his office, his going around carrying his laptop bad is most atypical of a PAP minister - he is more like an IT engineer...

The usual rags-to-riches story, grow up in 3-room flat helping father a joss-stick maker etc etc..... ST Spin Editors working OVERTIME !

His tears when he watch badminton matches,
His Hokkien Karaoke 'Ai Pia jia a yeah' dubbed into English NTUC lyrics,
All his stories & diction...

Ah Swee Say is undisputedly a goofy character...

Thankfully, he has said next GE is his last .....

* oh yeah, though his daughter is studying in New York (unlikely to return I feel), his son is serving NS ... (boh pian, father minister too obvious...)

jw5

Loyal

I'm not interested in all that.
I'm only interested in how they can make the lives of ordinary singaporeans better.
Not the elites and foreigners, mind you, only ordinary singaporeans.
Books or newspaper articles also can.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am just interested to know what kind of ppl would buy his books

I always wonder when I am in the shops, looking at a very pink business shirt, and wonder what kind of man would buy one like that...:biggrin:

The same here, but there are those, who wouldpay $29.90 for a book like that..and even get prataman to autograph the book..

The same kind of man or person who would buy a pink shirt, but the book at $29.90...and says it is a bargain!:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not interested in all that.
I'm only interested in how they can make the lives of ordinary singaporeans better.
Not the elites and foreigners, mind you, only ordinary singaporeans.
Books or newspaper articles also can.

They are no different from the travelling medicine peddlars, who will tell you their tales, displaying all their weapons and so forth, making a lot of talk....but few actions..

Election is coming, what do they really care about the common man! or you say ordinary Singaporeans?....they must listen to their yore and how poor thing they were, how hungry they were..how POOR THING!.

So, listen up & stay tune...unless you are blind in one ear!:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
bargain hen will say how he got inspired by his hairstylist to join politics. Vivian will say he had a dream one night, which inspired him to organize youth olympics. Ass loong broke a leg to save a platoon mate. Rear teo cheebye will say he braved rain to march with his soldiers.

l ol

R

redlightmeansgo

No historical account is free from personal bias, values, and ultimately, the hidden agenda to influence the reader towards a particular inclination. History is nothing more than a calculated reconstruction of events through a manipulation of narratives - whoever holds political power of the day will be able to pass its version off as authenticated reality.

Always be careful whenever someone passes off his personal account of historical events as the de facto version of the country's history. Chances are your neighbour's grandmother might have a very different version, if her memory serves her right

:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They indeed set off their explosives and got the publicity they received. That was their Singapore was new to it and fell in hook, line and sinker. Nathan is so removed from reality that he still does not realise that the agenda was theirs and not his. He help their cause by make it bigger than it should by volunteering sr chaps.

When the SIA was hijacked on a flight to Singapore, the Pakistani hijackers demanded to speak to to then President Benazir Bhutto. Her servants however refused to wake her up for such a silly thing. And she never called back. Lost what next to do, they stormed the plane.

When she and her husband visited Singapore, her husband asked old man to introduce contacts for exports of mangoes. He immediately called the top mango importers to the Istana for an intro. What an idiot.

Nathan has to be most ridiculed president in history. An embarrassment.

But the prataman has got his facts wrong about the Laju hijackers or Bukum bombers, he claimed that they failed to blow up the oil tanks in Pulau Bukum. So why did Singapore give them (the 4 terrorists) a safe passage out taking with them 13 civil servants (including 4 Commandos) as hostages?

SwineHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal

May 8, 2010
'Give tinkerers more room'

<!-- by line --> By Lee Siew Hua, Senior Writer
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_15929114.jpg

Leaders and parents should give non-conformists more free rein to do their thing, says Mr Yeo.

SPRING Singapore chairman Philip Yeo rejoices in being a tinkerer. In 1977, he bought 110 carcasses of A-4 Skyhawk airplanes that were scrapped after the Vietnam War and were lying in the Arizona desert. He asked engineers to take the planes apart and stick new F-18 Hornet engines into them. 'Buy new planes, and you don't learn anything,' said Mr Yeo, then the Permanent Secretary for Defence. 'From that effort, we built up Singapore Aerospace,' he said yesterday. But his tinkering also required a 'tolerant and nurturing boss', in the person of former defence minister and economic architect Goh Keng Swee, who would laugh when he heard complaints that Mr Yeo was 'troublesome'.

Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.

T

Tadakatsu Honda

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua: A letter to my mother

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua: A letter to my mother

05:55 AM May 08, 2010

<script type="text/javascript"> var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em'); </script>
showimageCC.aspx

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua, 51, Minister, Prime Minister's Office, Second Minister for Finance and Second Minister for Transport, with her mother Mdm Lim Gek Keow, who died in 1989.

Dear Ma

You had very little and yet you were so generous.

You were hardly educated and yet you taught me much.

There were nine of us but you made each of us feel special.

You toiled hard but always found time to prepare us meals.

I never once heard you complain,

even when the going got tough.

Your smile will always be etched in my memory

and your love, in my heart.

On Mothers' Day and every other day.

Hwee

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua, 51

Minister, Prime Minister's Office

Second Minister for Finance and Second Minister for Transport

Mother: Mdm Lim Gek Keow (deceased 1989)

T

Tadakatsu Honda

Mr Tay Ping Hui: A letter to my mother

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by halsey02
viewpost.gif

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Mr Tay Ping Hui: A letter to my mother

showimageCC.aspx

Dear mum,

We've never been physically affectionate because we're a traditional Asian family. For us, actions speak louder than words, and your actions speak volumes.

When I often get home late at night because of my hectic filming schedule, I'll usually find you still up watching TV. The first question you and dad always ask is, "Have you eaten?" and there would always be warm food on the table, waiting for me. About 15 minutes after I step inside, you'll be shuffling off to bed.

I know you're waiting up for me, and watching TV is merely an excuse. While some people get irritated at their parents waiting up for them, I see the intentions behind it. That is why I will always finish up these late suppers, no matter how full I may be. You always make sure that I'm taken care of. I guess no matter how old we get, to you, I'm probably still your little boy.

I remember how you used to take us kids travelling by taxi all the way to the old Odeon building to eat the famous beef noodles and waiting at least 40 minutes to get our food, simply because us kids liked it. No questions asked.

My siblings have left the family home but I still live with you and dad. I don't care if somebody called me a Mummy's Boy, or a Daddy's Boy - what's wrong with that? It's about you and dad knowing that I'm around, I'm here for you.

For Mother's Day, most of all, I'd like to tell you, thank you for your unconditional love. When I do eventually move out, it does not mean that I am leaving you, because my heart will always still be with you and dad. I want to show that same care and concern for my future children that you and dad have shown us.

To all the mothers in the world and mine, I'd like to say, do not belittle your own efforts for taking care of your children. You're worth much more to your children than you think.

Mum, I'd like to tell you, nobody's perfect - you're not the perfect mother, I'm not the perfect son, but the bond we have as family will never be broken. Ever.

With love,

Ping Hui

Tay Ping Hui, 39

Actor

Mother: Annie Siah

<script type="text/javascript"> var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em'); </script>

T

Tadakatsu Honda

Dr Jannie Tay: A letter to my mother

Dr Jannie Tay: A letter to my mother

<script type="text/javascript"> var intheight=0; function imginit(intImg,arrImg) { var imgID = 'relatedPhoto'; var lnkID = 'imgPopup'; var captionID = 'divImageCaption'; var menuID = 'ctl00_cph1_ArticleContents1_RelatedPhoto1_photoPages'; var imgLeft ='
blackPiece.gif
'; var imgRight = '
blackPiece.gif
'; var imgHLeft = '
articleDetailDarkLeftArrow.gif
'; var imgHRight = '
articleDetailDarkRightArrow.gif
'; var leftHL = '' + imgHLeft + '
'; var rightHL = '' + imgHRight + '
'; var leftNHL = '' + imgLeft + '
'; var rightNHL = '' + imgRight + '
'; this.ShowImg = function(no) { var leftBtn=''; var rightBtn=''; $(imgID).src = arrImg[no][1]; $(lnkID).src = arrImg[no][3]; if (arrImg[no][2]=='') { $('divImageCaption').style.display = 'none'; $('popupCaption').style.display = 'none'; } else { $(captionID).innerHTML = arrImg[no][2]; $('popupCaption').innerHTML = arrImg[no][2]; $('divImageCaption').style.display = ''; $('popupCaption').style.display = '' } if (no > 0) { leftBtn = leftHL; } else { leftBtn = leftNHL; } if (no < intImg-1) { rightBtn = rightHL; } else { rightBtn = rightNHL; } this.currImg = no; $(menuID).innerHTML = rightBtn + ' Image ' + (no+1) + ' of ' + intImg + '
' + leftBtn; } this.goNext = function() { if (this.currImg < intImg) { this.currImg += 1; this.ShowImg(this.currImg); } } this.goPrev = function() { if (this.currImg > 0) { this.currImg -= 1; this.ShowImg(this.currImg); } } } function getScrollY() { var scrOfY = 0; if( typeof( window.pageYOffset ) == 'number' ) { //Netscape compliant scrOfY = window.pageYOffset; } else if( document.body && ( document.body.scrollTop ) ) { //DOM compliant scrOfY = document.body.scrollTop; } else if( document.documentElement && ( document.documentElement.scrollTop ) ) { //IE6 standards compliant mode scrOfY = document.documentElement.scrollTop; } intheight = scrOfY; return [ scrOfY ]; } function doShowImage() { $('popupImagePage').style.display = "block"; } function doClose() { $('popupImagePage').style.display = "none"; }</script>
showimageCC.aspx

Dr Jannie Tay and her mother Loh Swee Lan

Mum,

You are my rock, my role model and my supporter through my life journey of 65 years. I remember when we were very young, every day and night, as Chinese New Year neared, you sewed beautiful clothes for Ann, Bebe and me. We were dressed alike and you made sure our best manners were on show.

Once a week, you made Ann and me go to the market, clean the house and wash the clothes, so that although we had a privileged life then, we still had our feet on the ground.

Mum, you taught me about family values and about unconditional love for my siblings and my family. You are 92 now, and you have guided and supported me through thick and thin, with unconditional love.

When Dad died, I was 17. I am the eldest of your six children and you had to care for all of us; the youngest was seven then.

As a young widow, you sacrificed everything for us. You gave us love and all the material needs you could afford.

You have instilled in me a pureness of heart and taught me to draw strength from your belief in the power of prayer. I've also been inspired by your dedication in helping your relatives and your total commitment to educating your six children and encouraging us to be the best we can.

You can be so proud that you have four children who are doctors, because Dad wanted all of us to be doctors. Your three daughters, including me, all married doctors. I became a pharmacologist and Bebe, a computer analyst.

I am grateful for your help when my daughter Michelle was born with cerebral palsy. Even though you didn't know any English, you went with me to London when she was six months old and helped me care for her. For three solid months, we took her for her daily physiotherapy classes.

You were with me when Michelle passed away peacefully at the age of eight. You were my emotional support as Audrey was only seven at the time, and Michael, just five years old.

My youngest daughter Sabrina was born with a hole in her heart in 1980. Her birth came two months after Michelle's death and about seven months after I founded The Hour Glass. Before she was four, Sabrina had already had eight operations in Melbourne. You took care of her there, when I had to be back in Singapore for Audrey and Michael, and for my business.

I remember when we made you try riding a horse and cycling with us. Even though you were 70 years old then, you did it because you wanted to spend family time with us.

Mum, your unconditional love, your non-judgmental attitude and your total belief in me have enabled me to have the confidence to be myself, and try and live in truth and love.

Jannie

Dr Jannie Tay, 65

Executive vice-chairman of luxury watch store The Hour Glass

President of Singapore Retailers Association

Mother: Loh Swee Lan