• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The retirement lie

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks for sharing this.

I agree with some parts of it especially the main message.

The idea for me is to live contented. Whether it is in retirement or working or studying.

There are too many videos articles and voices out there telling people what they dont have. Especially the money stuff. Oh here's how much I earn making youtube videos. Oh this is how much I earn trading stocks. Oh this is how much Elon Musl is worth. Oh this is how much you can make being an Amazon reseller.

All this stuff.

In the end what's so wrong with what people already have? Happiness should come from within. It is true. But there are too many voices telling us the opposite.

It is harder when you watch all these videos and see all these stories supposedly meant to "inspire" people.

I dunno. I wonder how many out there feel the same as me when I watch those videos. It is as if I am being told I aint good enough. I should be more like them.

What's wrong with me just being me?

Perhaps an idea for some writing in future on my part. It could be cathartic for myself.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks for sharing this.

I agree with some parts of it especially the main message.

The idea for me is to live contented. Whether it is in retirement or working or studying.

There are too many videos articles and voices out there telling people what they dont have. Especially the money stuff. Oh here's how much I earn making youtube videos. Oh this is how much I earn trading stocks. Oh this is how much Elon Musl is worth. Oh this is how much you can make being an Amazon reseller.

All this stuff.

In the end what's so wrong with what people already have? Happiness should come from within. It is true. But there are too many voices telling us the opposite.

It is harder when you watch all these videos and see all these stories supposedly meant to "inspire" people.

I dunno. I wonder how many out there feel the same as me when I watch those videos. It is as if I am being told I aint good enough. I should be more like them.

Perhaps an idea for some writing in future on my part. It could be cathartic for myself.

I lived the retirement lie from 2015 to 2017. It was the worst period of my life.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In what way? I need to start thinking about retirement in few years.

I stopped running my websites and had no goals to wake up to every day.

For sanity's sake it is important to have responsibilities, goals and problems to solve. Without these life becomes meaningless.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know if it might be a function of one's personality.

Some people are perfectly happy lazing around.

Some cannot stand it.

When I went on my honeymoon in Mauritius I sat on the beach for like 10 min. I was like WTF? Sit around do nothing is considered fun?

Not my kind of thing.
You can think.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Saving for retirement' is one of those absurd lies constantly promoted by those so-called 'financial planners' and the Cheat People Fund.

You won't even know if you're going to die tomorrow, and you think there's a roadmap ahead of you. :roflmao:

Same for those grandiose 'masterplans' far into the future that those PAP technocrats are fond of publishing from time to time.

hVqy61i.jpg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say lansai lah KNN the main vision for leetirement is to be financialee inleependent i.e so long you doesn't need to leeport to anyone and let anyone control your time that's alone is already the vision KNN

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say lansai lah KNN the main vision for leetirement is to be financialee inleependent i.e so long you doesn't need to leeport to anyone and let anyone control your time that's alone is already the vision KNN

Why lansai,
not chiak sai? :biggrin:

True, got money, got health.
But must have financial mangement over your money too.

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing this.

Bhai,

“Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.

You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.”

– Eleanor Roosevelt

Anna Eleanor Roosevelt was an American political figure, diplomat and activist.
She served as the first lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945, during her husband
President Franklin D. Roosevelt's four terms in office,
making her the longest-serving first lady of the United States. Wikipedia