• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Religion of 'peace'

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
U another tcss. My friend was booked for illegal parking on friday. What talking u abt mata afraid of mats? Ehh...why u guys like to tell lies. On friday u just go to Bedok, Masjid Ansar. U will see an officer opp Masjid. Tell me why was he standing for? Every friday the Masjid management will broadcast and warned the congregation abt illegal parking. Even big TV screen were showned. Where to park and where not to park.:rolleyes:

Wah.....today u bely bely happy ya. Everyone UP ur thread. Kind of wonder out loud...how come MOD allow religion discussion to be posted here?:rolleyes:

I live near a mosque and suffer from inconsiderate parking every Friday. The cheapskates can buy car, buy cannot park in the paid parking area barely 40-50m away.

When I call the LTA to report, suddenly all the drivers will come out of the mosque and drive away, 2minutes before the same mat enforcement officer will appear (probably eating snake at the same mosque when his HQ activates him)

Every Friday like that.

Why? Ask god to forgive then can go sin after that? That's what's wrong with all religions.

The illegal parking is a road hazard and will cause an accident, injury and maybe even death one day.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I live near a mosque and suffer from inconsiderate parking every Friday. The cheapskates can buy car, buy cannot park in the paid parking area barely 40-50m away.

When I call the LTA to report, suddenly all the drivers will come out of the mosque and drive away, 2minutes before the same mat enforcement officer will appear (probably eating snake at the same mosque when his HQ activates him)

Every Friday like that.

Why? Ask god to forgive then can go sin after that? That's what's wrong with all religions.

The illegal parking is a road hazard and will cause an accident, injury and maybe even death one day.

Laws are there. Mosque management already told motorist not to park illegally. If they still insist then they have to bear the fines or other consequences. I am not being defensive. But i also came across cars inconsiderately parking along temples and churches too. But i dont bother about such. Just respect each other belief.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laws are there. Mosque management already told motorist not to park illegally. If they still insist then they have to bear the fines or other consequences. I am not being defensive. But i also came across cars inconsiderately parking along temples and churches too. But i dont bother about such. Just respect each other belief.

Please report to the LTA if you ever see such illegal acts at temples and churches. Consider it your Civic duty.

We are a secular democracy and we should all seek to uphold this.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please report to the LTA if you ever see such illegal acts at temples and churches. Consider it your Civic duty.

We are a secular democracy and we should all seek to uphold this.

Alamak. Dont lah. Minor things like tat also report LTA/Police. I can bear with it. But if life and death i sure report. Cases like motorist beating the traffic. I sure screen shot

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak. Dont lah. Minor things like tat also report LTA/Police. I can bear with it. But if life and death i sure report. Cases like motorist beating the traffic. I sure screen shot

It's not minor when the illegal parking results in accident, injury or death.

At least 2 accidents have occurred because of illegal parking at the stretch where I live.

Do we need to wait for injury or death before we stop such behavior?

Go pray and worship in peace, why have the potential of someone's injury or death hanging over one's head while worshipping?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not minor when the illegal parking results in accident, injury or death.

At least 2 accidents have occurred because of illegal parking at the stretch where I live.

Do we need to wait for injury or death before we stop such behavior?

Go pray and worship in peace, why have the potential of someone's injury or death hanging over one's head while worshipping?

Maybe u could suggest to LTA to put up a big sign tat warn motorist who park illegally will be fine $1000. No small sum for Abang ya. Such sign should also be erected at temples and churches too

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe u could suggest to LTA to put up a big sign tat warn motorist who park illegally will be fine $1000. No small sum for Abang ya. Such sign should also be erected at temples and churches too

If the religious leaders were responsible, Civic minded people, they would do so themselves and request for LTA to do so. LTA will respond to them much faster than an ordinary citizen like me based on my many interactions with them.

But they are all self serving. So none of them will do it.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tolerance of illegal parking at all religious institutions is an affront to all the civic minded atheist and agnostics who observe parking rules.

The worshippers who engage in such behaviour are selfish, lazy and inconsiderate assholes who are a disgrace to their respective religions.

Dont forget. Tere r more sinkies who have a religion compared to those who have none (atheist).

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tolerance of illegal parking at all religious institutions is an affront to all the civic minded atheist and agnostics who observe parking rules.

The worshippers who engage in such behaviour are selfish, lazy and inconsiderate assholes who are a disgrace to their respective religions.
Get off the island if cannot tolerate local custom

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every Friday like that.

Rule numner one when buying property. Never buy at the ends of a airport runway or near a mosque.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEWS HOME
Meet the Indonesian girl who convinced her entire family to move to Syria to join Islamic State
BY INDONESIA CORRESPONDENT ANNE BARKER
UPDATED EARLIER TODAY AT 9:46AM
Email Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
Indonesian schoolgirl Nur Dhania talks while her mother listens in the background
PHOTO Nur Dhania says her mum and sisters are still angry at her for convincing the family to go to Syria.
ABC NEWS: ARI WU
When Indonesian schoolgirl Nur Dhania arrived in Syria in 2015, she knew almost immediately that convincing her family to join her in the 'caliphate' was a catastrophic error.

Key points:
About 800 Indonesians have travelled to Iraq and Syria to join IS since 2014
Nur Dhania convinced family members to go to Raqqa to live with her in the 'caliphate'
Her father and uncles are in prison for terrorism-related offences
Just 15 years old at the time, Nur Dhania said life under Islamic State rule was nothing like the paradise portrayed in the group's propaganda.

She felt duped — and totally responsible for her family's predicament.

"I was a spoiled brat. I refused to listen to other people. I was arrogant, stubborn," she said.

Nur Dhania was the first member of her family to decide to leave Indonesia for the caliphate, a huge swathe of territory stretching from western Syria to eastern Iraq, controlled by the Islamic State.

Incredibly, 25 of her relatives — including her grandmother, sisters, parents, uncles, aunts and cousins — followed her.

But within a year, the family was willing to risk everything to get home.

'I was mesmerised'
Nur Dhania first heard about the Islamic State group from her uncle, who is now in prison in Indonesia on terrorism offences.

That year — 2014 — she spent her school holidays glued to social media, where she devoured everything she could find about Islamic State and its promise of a 'paradise' in Syria.

She claims she was never radicalised by Islamic State or motivated by jihad, but was instead seduced by the promise of a Utopian life.

"I was mesmerised," she said, by Islamic State propaganda that offered free housing, education and healthcare; jobs for everyone who joined the cause, and a promise to pay the family's debts.

She tried to convince her family of the benefits of leaving Indonesia for Syria, and briefly ran away from home when they refused to join her.

A man surrounded by his three young daughters
PHOTO Nur Dhania (right) with her father and sisters before they left for Syria.

FACEBOOK: DWI DJOKO WIWOHO
Terrified for their daughter's safety, Nur Dhania's parents eventually made a stunning choice.

Her father Dwi Djoko Wiwoho abandoned his middle-class job as a respected senior civil servant on Batam Island in Indonesia's Riau Province.

He sold the family's main home in Jakarta to fund the voyage to Syria, via Turkey.

In the weeks and months that followed, 26 family members travelled to the Middle East. Seven were detained in Turkey and deported.

But 19 family members, including Nur Dhania and her parents, made it to Raqqa.

AK-47s, filthy dorms and relentless marriage proposals
As soon as the family arrived in Syria, they were segregated and forced to live apart.

Women and girls were housed in a filthy dormitory with other women they didn't know. Physical fights and domestic disputes were common, as was theft.

Islamic State fighters regularly came to the dormitory to pressure Nur Dhania, her sisters and other young women to marry. They repeatedly refused.

Nur Dhania's male relatives were taken to a weeks-long camp to learn about Sharia rule.

They were taught to use weapons, including AK47s and rocket propelled grenades. But Nur Dhania is adamant that her father and uncles refused to fight.

"All we wanted was to be civilians," she claimed.
Eventually the family was given a house by Islamic State's administrators.

But Nur Dhania said that when her male relatives refused to take up weapons to fight, the Islamist regime turned on them.

"They ordered and forced people to go to battle. But the Koran says that not everyone has to go to the war, and some people need to stay in town," she said.

They expected to find paradise in Raqqa. But within a year, the family was falling apart.

Her grandmother had died from an illness. One uncle had been killed in an airstrike. Another had disappeared altogether.

The 17 survivors decided it was time to make their escape.

Fleeing the caliphate
Nur Dhania holds up a pair of old sneakers
PHOTO Nur Dhania kept the shoes she was wearing when they escaped Syria.

Nur Dhania said it was no easy task to find someone willing to smuggle them to the Kurdish border, without betraying them to Islamic State leaders.

One smuggler stole their belongings including money, mobile phones and laptops.

A second smuggler also duped them.

Finally, a third smuggler drove them to the Kurdistan border, where they narrowly avoided being shot by snipers as they passed through a checkpoint.

The family spent two months living in tents in a UN refugee camp guarded by Kurdish forces.

Nur Dhania met a journalist at the camp and told them it was her fault that she and her family had ended up there.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.

VIDEO 0:31 Nur Dhania spoke to AP at a refugee camp run by Kurdish forces after she escaped ISIS in 2017
ABC NEWS
Eventually, Indonesian authorities agreed to facilitate the family's return.

Two years after they left, the family flew home to Jakarta — but their ordeal was not over.

Indonesian police and anti-terror agents were waiting to detain them as they stepped off the plane.

The entire family was taken into custody by Indonesia's anti-terror agency BNPT.

Facing the consequences
The issue of returning Islamic State fighters is a vexing one for Indonesian authorities.

An estimated 800 Indonesians are thought to have travelled to Iraq and Syria since Islamic State declared the caliphate in 2014.

About half — including Nur Dhania and her family — have since returned.

Until last year, it was not illegal under Indonesian law to join a militant group overseas.

But Nur Dhania's father and two uncles were still charged with terror-related offences because they underwent paramilitary training in Raqqa.

Dwi Djoko Wiwoho listens as his lawyer talks in an Indonesian court room
PHOTO Nur Dhania's father was sentenced to nearly four years in prison on terrorism offences.

Last May, Dwi Djoko Wiwoho was sentenced to three years and six months in jail. The uncles received similar jail terms.

"Police said all of us should have been convicted, but because of their conscience, only the adult men were charged," Nur Dhania said.
"They accepted that we're no longer dangerous, but they had to follow legal procedures," she said.

The rest of the family spent several weeks in a 'deradicalisation' program before they were released.

The former head of Indonesia's anti-terror agency BNPT, Ansyad Mbay said in 2017 that it was important they be given a second chance.

"Yes, they have shown allegiance to IS, but they have been deceived. From a humanity point of view, who else would accept them if we don't? We can't just throw them into the sea — especially after they have shown their remorse," he said.

"We all can take a lesson together out of this. Let's embrace them back into society and learn from their mistakes."

Nur Dhania and her family visit her father in jail about once a month.

She said he still shows anger towards her.

Nur Dhania sits on the floor talking to her mum
PHOTO Ratna Nirmala has taken up sewing to support her daughters.

"Sometimes he's upset and angry. Not only my father, but also my mother is angry with me. My sister sometimes says that it's all because of me. I feel guilty of course," Nur Dhania said.

'It's all our fault collectively'
Now 20, Nur Dania believes she will spend the rest of her life blaming herself for the tragedy that befell her family.

After losing her father's former income and most of the family's wealth, she is struggling to return to a normal life with her mother and sisters.

They live in a relatively poor community south of Jakarta where they've sought to conceal their past from their neighbours.

Nur Dhania's mother, Ratna Nirmala does sewing and sells simple crafts at a local market to earn a meagre income to support her daughters.

She struggles to pay for the girls' upkeep and education, but she accepts some of the blame for the family's tragedy.

Ratna Nirmala looks off into the distance
PHOTO "It was my fault too," says Nur Dhania's mum, Ratna Nirmala.

"I don't just blame [Nur Dhania] because it was my fault too. It's all our fault collectively," Ratna Nirmala said.

"We can't continue to blame one another for what happened or it would never end. Everyone makes mistakes."
Asked what she now thinks of Islamist extremism, Nur Dhania described IS as "extremely cruel."

"They says it is Islam, that their jihad is war. But they should read the Koran again. Jihad isn't war."

"They wage war and spill blood and they think it's right, but that's not what God teaches us. Islam means peace," Nur Dhania said.

She is well aware that many Indonesians don't believe her claims that her father and uncles had no wish to fight.

"They don't know me. [They should] get to know us, see who we really are ... listen to our stories. That's all I can say to them," she said.

Nur Dhania hopes to become an author and take an active role to discourage others from making the mistakes she did.

"Hopefully I can get the message across so no one will experience what my family and I went through, and they're more careful with what they see on the internet.

"This is my way of spreading peace and truth to people around the world," she said.

Nur Dhania smiles for the camera in the arms of her mother and sisters
PHOTO Nur Dhania (second from left) and her family are struggling to make ends meet without her father.

POSTED EARLIER TODAY AT 3:00AM
SHAREEmail Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
RELATED
The role of women in Indonesia's first family suicide bombings, and what to do next
Will Indonesia's hard line on terrorism groups work?
Would-be Islamic State female suicide bombers show no remorse
Top Stories

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
JT? Hes hardcore anti Islam. Hes good in twisting and turning. When terrorist attack the innocents he said we Muslims never condemn such act. We Muslims diam diam. But did he attend any of our Friday sermon in the Masjid? Some Masjid have big banner placed outside it with slogan like "We condemn terrorism. Islam condemn terrorism"!

I don't think he does! :laugh: And probably why he doesn't see the banner... But more importantly for you and those who share your opinion, it is a message worth repeating. :thumbsup:

Now my question to him is why he did not condemn NZ terrorist act. Why he diam diam. Very simple. Hes enjoying it.

I can only speculate as I am not JT. But my first guess would be he subscribes to "an eye for an eye" or "finally, they get a taste of their own medicine" So you would be right in your guess. You know what? Why don't we ask him. I'm curious to know his opinion on the matter. Can't judge before we get it from the horse's mouth.

OK...lets talk about Ah Hock case. I have indon relatives. Definitely i know farbetter than JT. Fm wat i gather, Ah Hock is a hardworking guy. No doubt about tat. When he implement a project he will see to it that it will be carried out asap. Perfectionist. Tats his + side. But his - side is hes quite arrogant at times. Indon is a Muslim country. In Indon alot of politiking and wayang kulit. Those politician and some religious leader work hand in hand. If u are not careful and step on their toes...then u are finish. Ah Hock should have known better. Hes to arrogant to listen to people advice. He shouldnt have mention anything at all with regard to the Quran. U deal with politics but dont drag in religion. Tats his mistake. So if i am in his shoe and wish to be in politics for life then i must be smart. Dont yayapapaya. Be humble. Though i know he shouldnt be jail. But this is indon. Vote counts...especially to the leaders. They may lose their votes if Ah Hock go scot free. Remember, this is Indon..like Msia too. Love to play racial/religion card.

If I may quote you, you say he shouldn't be in jail, but he is or was. You probably have an objective view of it as a matter of right or wrong. But because we are not computers or logic circuits, it's not just a matter of right or wrong. It's now a matter of feeling exposed and victimized because of race/religion. Our primal systems kick in. For the victims or victim groups, it's now a matter of feeling victimized literally because of the skin you are in. How would you speak to people who have been victimized? Would you say to someone who got beaten up something like, oh don't go out after this hour to this place or hang around these people? Logically, yes you would be right to say that it would be dumb to do that, but when the victim is bandaged up in hospital would you say it then and there? I may be reaching here, but I seriously think that most people who are shouting loudly here feel in a similar situation and have been victimized by race/religion issues and they feel vulnerable. As per my analogy speak to them in that manner before you start telling them how wrong they may have been. Try to seem from your accuser's eyes.

:thumbsup:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
1553750977192.png