• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Religion of 'peace'

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What annihilation of budhist? They voluntarily converted to islam. Even their temples were left untouched until taliban took over aghanistan and destroyed bamiyam budhist statue.

Stone statue = temple.

That's some weird logic, as crazy the stories of the Moe dude flying around on a winged donkey.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
You realize all of you are right in some way? You're all talking about different things at the same time. Even though the topic is Islam, everyone's is arguing about different points.

For the non-Muslims writing about Islam :

Yes, a great deal of shit goes in Islam's name and is supported, funded and encouraged by a great many Muslims. That makes it a vile thing in your eyes. And rightly so. There is no shortage of evidence. Church bombings, terrorism, forced conversions, enslaving non-Muslims in unconscionable conditions. All this and more is done in the name of Islam. That is your experience with Islam and all most non-Muslims will ever encounter. How can the Muslims fault non-Muslims when that is pretty much all they experience? I don't have to write much about this because most of you are familiar with this narrative.

For the Muslims writing about Islam :

Do you realize your views on Islam are diverse and not unified? Between all the Muslims here (not too many) there are already as many different interpretations as there are Muslim followers / supporters here. But perhaps what is worse is that Muslims have this unfortunate propensity to assume and defend a religious identity first long before any rational analysis comes into play. Do you every ask why everyone is mad at Islam? Or do you jump at a defense with a quotation from the prophet first? Maybe if you bothered addressing your critics in a rational matter there would be less arrows pointed your way. Some Muslims believe that you should live in peaceful coexistence, but that view may not be shared with the al-Wahhabiyah for example. For every rabid jihadist, I have met quite a few more peaceful, productive and nice Muslims. Do Muslims make it a point to distance or differentiate themselves from the nutjobs? I find that the answer is always no. They embrace the nutjobs automatically even if he is not doing as the prophet teaches. The only price of admission is to go to a mosque and call yourself a Muslim. This I truly do not understand.

If a fucking Cina goes around whacking people in the name of Cina, do not expect me to associate myself with him and to embrace him. Somebody here mentioned Koxinga as a great hero. I can't call a plunderer / butcher a hero. Someone else may, but I would be ashamed to. Why do you guys adopt a religious terrorist? or say nothing when he kills in Islam's name? Why do you guys not speak up when young girls are forced into marriage? This truly beggars belief. No one is going to support you if you start harbouring and making excuses for criminals automatically because they share the same religion. And why do almost all Muslims subvert and subsume their personal/racial identity into a religious one? Why does a Malay Muslim automatically assume a person criticizing Islam is criticizing Malays? I do not understand this. Can we not talk about one without the other? I would like to be enlightened by any Muslim who can shed light on this.

The problem is not unique to Islam but is a central fundamental problem created by a belief in an Abrahamic religion and really any religion in general. It only appears to be an Islamic problem because they generate news in the Middle East and we all encounter problems in Singapore related to this. For example illegal parking justified in the name of religion. How many Samsters truly know the evolution of Abrahamic religions? Before we even talk about the divisions within Islam let's focus for a minute here on Christianity as an example. How many factions of Christianity do we know? How many Catholics have killed Protestants? If you think I'm only talking about northern Ireland, go look up the Wars of Reformation. Why is there even a church of England? I can go write another few pages on the problem of religions, Abrahamic or otherwise, but that would be a distraction.

I feel that the ball is firmly in the Muslims' court. I feel that if you guys can address your critics rationally and morally, the problem will die down. If you can't, then continue to expect threads and issues such as this to keep coming up wherever you go.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that the ball is firmly in the Muslims' court. I feel that if you guys can address your critics rationally and morally, the problem will die down. If you can't, then continue to expect threads and issues such as this to keep coming up wherever you go.

I saiid dogs are halal, the nons say nope.
I said its forbidden for muslims to kill, the nons say nope.
So how?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saiid dogs are halal, the nons say nope.
I said its forbidden for muslims to kill, the nons say nope.
So how?

I can answer in quickfix :

1. acknowledge their angst.
  2. tell them your version and why it is why you sincerely believe it is the version intended.
  3. be prepared to clearly denounce the falsehoods that you see that claim Islam.
You have only done #2 well (ok only kinda).

I can also answer in detail :

Why is everybody up in arms about Islam and Muslims? That was one of my points to non-Muslims. They see things being done that morally outrages them. They don't understand why it's happening and the only reason that is offered up is usually something like "because my religion tells me it is right." You mentioned clerics before and I share your opinion on this. Who do you think is informing the great masses of Muslims and consequently the rest of us through those masses about right or wrong and Islam's message? This in itself is another discussion. Then do you think that anybody is even listening to you if they are still in a state of outrage?

For reconciliation of such opposing viewpoints to occur, there must first be acknowledgement of the opposing viewpoint, followed by an understanding of their position. I feel that I don't really need to say this to you, but be prepared for whatever vitriol comes your way because I think you're more than prepared. Once you have heard their issues, you must choose one of two paths. Acknowledge that their observations are indeed true and denounce what you should according to your truths as you see fit OR sweep them aside and pretend they're just ranting and raving and don't really understand the truths you see and continue with your message. If you choose the 2nd path, I don't believe I need to tell you that the shit will continue and nothing will have changed and you'll end up arguing in circles again. I feel that in your position, you already see a different view but you do not see the everybody else's. Try to put yourself in your accuser's shoes for a minute and see if that changes anything. Are you also willing to do #3?

So to use an example, you say it is forbidden to kill. What does everybody else see? How can you reconcile what you're saying with what they're seeing? The only way is #1 has to be acknowledged and #3 has to be vigorously expounded at the risk of you angering the cleric-tainted masses. Whether you see it as something worth doing is something for you to consider and only you can answer and is perhaps the subject of yet another discussion, but it's the only way people will really sit up and listen to your message.

Just FYI for everybody else here, I have never seen a Muslim country outside of Malaysia and Singapore flip out about dogs. This seems to be some kind of local invention AFAIK.

In fact, I neglected to mention that one of the reasons why I bothered to join this forum is because of how you still manage to continue with your message despite being in the minority and also despite that how no one has shut you down totally. Everyone is still talking and no one is being threatened or something like that. :thumbsup:

AsA :smile:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just FYI for everybody else here, I have never seen a Muslim country outside of Malaysia and Singapore flip out about dogs. This seems to be some kind of local invention AFAIK.

You need to know more about the toxic death cult of Islam. And no, it's not a 'local thing'.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to know more about the toxic death cult of Islam. And no, it's not a 'local thing'.

Sure, I need to know more about everything! That's why I'm here! :laugh:

You mentioned two things. Toxic death cult and the 'local thing'. I'll just answer the 2nd because I think that's what you're referring to by including those 2 videos.

I am curious, so whenever I run into Muslims wherever I go, I always make it a point to ask questions I want to know the answer to that I find confusing and lack understanding in. (Heck! I ask everybody everything!) So far, everyone I've asked to date has said there's no such thing. I was playing with a huge Lab in an Egyptian Muslim household! I know what I've heard from Muslims in Malaysia and Singapore who insist that it's an unclean animal and who refuse to even walk on a garden where a dog has been, but I've also heard the opposite from other Muslims. They insisted they had never heard such a thing and they recounted various examples to me. Who am I to argue? I'm just relating what I've encountered in my travels AFAIK.

As an addendum, sometime ago in Malaysia there was this dog-petting event which was shut down by the Islamic police and a few of the key participants were Muslims who insisted that it was fine by Islam and the religious police were being overzealous. I've also mentioned in previous posts that I hear lots of differing opinions on everything. How do I reconcile their different opinions? Firstly, I simply can't. I also won't because it is not my place. As I've already said, I have not seen Muslims from other countries flipping out about it. I could just be lucky or biased, but from my experiences the logical extension of that is that it IS a local thing because that's the only time I've ever encountered people flipping out about it.

Because you were kind enough to share videos with me allow me to share things similar to what I've encountered :

and last but not least this is my favourite video! (which also happens to be local). I'm also very pleased to see the comments posted to Star at about 35 seconds about what she did :

I truly am sorry that I am not very book smart and have not read the Koran extensively. So, I've not encountered the passages you've shared (thanks!) nor am I ever likely to given my limited capacity for book understanding. I prefer to see how people act in the real world given real choices. I feel it's more accurate and it's just easier for my limited brain to understand! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing bro! :thumbsup: At least now I know the 'official statement'. Always nice to talk to you. :smile:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In fact, I neglected to mention that one of the reasons why I bothered to join this forum is because of how you still manage to continue with your message despite being in the minority and also despite that how no one has shut you down totally. Everyone is still talking and no one is being threatened or something like that. :thumbsup:

AsA :smile:

I dont remember Syed ever claimed to be a Malay/Muslim.:roflmao:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Islamophile libtard apologist or triggered Muslim. No other option.

The former is worse. Many western European countries' governments are infested with them, that's why there has been massive enrichment by the imported Muslim vermins.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You reckon the libtard PM of New Zealand had anything to do with this? :wink:

Jacinda-Ardern.jpg

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/poli...on-collision-course-over-refugee-numbers.html

Jacinda Ardern says she wants to "double the quota" of refugees coming to New Zealand, putting her back on a collision course with Foreign Minister Winston Peters.

Appearing on The AM Show on Tuesday, the Prime Minister said she was staying firm on Labour's campaign promise and her offer to take refugees from the Nauru detention centre.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, he never did! In fact, I've been meaning to ask him! The syed in his nick points to an Indian muslim identity, but it's just that a forum nick.

Maybe it's not clear, but I said he continues with his message despite being in the minority. not continues with his message despite being a minority or a member of a minority. i.e. his opinion is in the minority.

I like that he feels comfortable enough to continue. I also like that everyone is disputing him rather than silencing him and kicking him off the forum. Whether he is Malay/Muslim or an alien for space is hardly material to me. I am impressed that he has the ability to keep on posting despite the weight of majority opinion being against him.

To use a boxing match analogy, the only side I take in this debate is as a spectator making comments. My only issue is that I'm frustrated that I'm watching a boxing match with the boxers in different boxing rings. I would like to see them meet in the same ring. Yes, I am being kaypoh yelling at the boxers to get in the same ring. Shadow boxing is not satisfying to watch. :sneaky:

I see both sides and their arguments and I feel no desire to disprove either side. It is not my place nor can I see a purpose to pick a side.

Last edited: