• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The recent speech by Traitor PM really makes my blood boil!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]The next stage of democratic evolution[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
June 12th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

images_oppo.jpg

The recent speech by our PM really makes my blood boil. He seemed to blame the frictions between locals and new arrivals solely on us! That is absolutely ridiculous! We have always had a good tolerance on immigrants. Just look at how many Malaysians became Singaporeans over the years. They have assimilated well into our community. How come now then say we have problem with the new immigrants?

Let me give you a simple analogy to let you understand what is going on now. The government bringing foreigners in is like a child having a stepmother now. If the husband has been divorced all this while, of course the child will welcome a new stepmom. But if the new stepmother has forced out his mother, how will the new child accept the new mom? Now, why have the foreigners come? To offer low wages, steal our jobs and make us unemployed! How then can we accept them with open arms?!

If you ask me, it’s really sad. Singaporean companies have NEVER had the chance to work in a real competitive environment. As if supported by the government’s funds is not enough, the latter still change the labour laws and regulation from time to time just to offer them more assistance! NO government in the world is ever so pro-business as they know it is the VOTERS who give them the power, not BUSINESSES!

Over the last 45 years, PAP has bent backwards for businesses! The main purpose of employing so many foreigners is to keep operating costs low. But enough is enough. It is time for these companies to pay back to society. The time has come to raise the tax rate for those companies that have heavily relied on foreigners like shipbuilding and construction industries. The era of pro-business has to go and it’s time now for the era of pro-citizens to begin!

We want a government whose number one priority is to improve the lives of Singaporeans! We don’t need to compare ourselves with other countries! So what if we have the most number of millionaire households, does it benefit EVERYONE? There is no need for Changi to be the number one airport every year. We don’t have to participate in IOG for everyone to know our existence (remember the $300 million over budget that we will never get to see again?!) The government’s job is not to put us on the world map! It should be to ensure that every citizen is well taken care off!

Take Brunei for example. Does everybody know this place? Of course they are less famous than us. But are the citizens happy? Free medical, free education, exempted personal income tax and low interest housing. 80 percent of the working population are government employees! This is why there are so many uprisings in the Muslim states in the Middle East, but Brunei is immuned from all of it.

Take Greece as another example. Their silly government also tried to put Greece back onto the world map. They borrowed heavily to finance the building of stadiums for the Olympics in 2004. The crisis they have now can be traced back to those huge borrowings! At the end of the day, citizens just want a more responsible government, a government that can take care of its people. Even if one day, Singapore is ruled by a king, we will not contest this as long as the king’s priority is ALWAYS caring for the common people.

The future that I want Singapore to have is one where everybody can find work easily. A Singapore where the government does not dictate how many kids you have, but we decide how many kids we want based on our own expectations and means. A Singapore where the old has the will to live and wants to strive for longevity, rather than to choose death now than to plague their families with expensive medical bills!!

I really don’t know why PAP is obsessed with pitting us against other cities like Tokyo, New York, London, etc. It’s like those racehorse owners showing off their thoroughbreds to other rich racehorse owners. Definitely it is their egos at work! And we all know how hard these horses have to train in order to win races, right? In this instance, we are the goddamned horses!!

I think the PAP is always trying to paint a beautiful picture to the whole world telling them that they are the most enlightened government in the whole world! Pui! We the people don’t buy it and want to bring the regime down ASAP!

Our next stage in the evolution of democracy – is to abandon the party that has brought us independence and embrace any new parties whose SOLE goals is to improve the well-being of ALL classes of Singaporeans!
MC Hammer

97 Votes