• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The real Reason why Pelosi wants to start a war with China

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pelosi is on undercover assignment to move Chip production to the USA.

To achieve this, she is using China to destabilize Taiwan and undermine investor confidence.

Together with the US $50 billion in development grants, USA will take over the production and world control of high end chips.

Taiwan should be able to see thru this but is being shouted down by a less politically savy China.

≠===={{{{[{{[{=======

WASHINGTON — The war game scenario conducted by a Washington think tank began with a sudden failure at three Taiwanese semiconductor foundries that make high-end computer chips used in such items as smartphones, automobiles and military equipment.

The halt in production raised questions of whether a cyberattack by Beijing was responsible — touching off an international crisis between China and the United States that the researchers said could grind the global economy to a halt and incite a military confrontation.

The war game and study by the Center for a New American Security, which is set to be released on Thursday, illustrate how dependent the world is on Taiwanese computer chips — and how that dependence could draw the United States and China into various kinds of conflict.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/26/us/politics/computer-chip-shortage-taiwan.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serves China right for stealing tech from other countries, stealing even from the likes of Japan and South Korea.

Pariah country should have been boycotted, but Wall Street needs its sweatshops in China and the 'massive China market'. :rolleyes:

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) Chairman Mark Liu (劉德音) has warned that the economies on both sides of the Taiwan Strait will plunge into turmoil should China invade Taiwan.

CNN on Monday (Aug. 1) published footage of a video interview with Liu, titled “Can China afford to attack Taiwan?” in which Liu noted chipmaking will no longer be "the most important thing we should be worried about" if Beijing were to attack Taiwan.

Still,“Nobody can control TSMC by force,” Liu said, when asked about the company’s perceived reputation as a “shield” given its significance. TSMC factories will be rendered “non-operable” in the event of a Chinese attack because the sophisticated manufacturing facilities depend on real-time connections with the outside world, with Europe, U.S., and Japan, he reckoned

The chairman of the world’s largest contract chipmaker also urged Beijing to think twice before taking any action as China accounts for 10% of TSMC’s business. Describing its consumer pool as important and vibrant, Liu said “They need us, and it’s not a bad thing.” This means any interruption of the supply chains will cause economic turmoil on either side, he stressed.

The lessons from the Russian invasion of Ukraine should be drawn upon, he said, adding the war has created a “lose-lose-lose” scenario for the Western world, Russia, and Ukraine. He implored all parties to think of ways to avoid war so that the “engine of the world economy can continue humming.”

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Control of the high end Chip market would be the goal of the Superpowers, as all 3 superpowers need Taiwan chips.

Imagine USA in control of the Chip production. The war tech of other 2 powers would be crippled without high end chips

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
no rush. semiconductor industry is slowing down. Over 50m unsold phones in Samsung alone.
https://bgr.com/tech/samsung-has-50-million-unsold-phones-in-stock-new-report-claims

Surplus chips
bullwhip.png

ftan42

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chip sales will look bad with falling prices after the 2nd quarter report, just timely to drive up stocked piles and prices

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China is fast building up its semiconductor industry. they want to have a company capable of manufacturing leading edge semiconductor chips, to be self-reliant in chips.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is decades behind ASML in EUV lithography technology. Furthermore, this technology has to also depend on many sub-contractors from Germany (Carl Zeiss super precision lens), Japan (Murata. TDK, Canon) and of course the US (Lam Research, Applied Materials), which supplies the parts needed to build a complete EUV lithography machine by ASML. If it's so easy, TSMC would have built their own EUV lithography machines long ago already.

Furthermore, till the day when China is truly capable of manufacturing their own EUV lithography machines, the next obstacle will be their yield rate. What's the use if your machine is only capable of achieving a 30% (or less) yield rate but having 70% rejects of the end product most of the time?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China is decades behind ASML in EUV lithography technology. Furthermore, this technology has to also depend on many sub-contractors from Germany (Carl Zeiss super precision lens), Japan (Murata. TDK, Canon) and of course the US (Lam Research, Applied Materials), which supplies the parts needed to build a complete EUV lithography machine by ASML. If it's so easy, TSMC would have built their own EUV lithography machines long ago already.

Furthermore, till the day when China is truly capable of manufacturing their own EUV lithography machines, the next obstacle will be their yield rate. What's the use if your machine is only capable of achieving a 30% (or less) yield rate but having 70% rejects of the end product most of the time?
if ccp cannot make they will steal. i remember the ccp industrial espionage case in 2015 in asml sillycon valley facility. they stole the software for the lithography tech.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Harry is right. The real agenda is destabilising the region and they have thrown lots of incentives for TSMC to move to Yankieland. However, technology changes whereas land is permanent. Yankee can have TSMC and China will take back Taiwan. DPP supporters are the real losers in this conflict. Lose the rice bowl and power.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to produce more winners if 90% of sinkies are losers like u? Simple. U double or triple the numbers. Same thing with semi cons. Efficiency is never a problem for the state. Such constraints are artificial constructs. :cool:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to produce more winners if 90% of sinkies are losers like u? Simple. U double or triple the numbers. Same thing with semi cons. Efficiency is never a problem for the state. Such constraints are artificial constructs. :cool:
Frankly, I don't like to talk to bitches. They are a waste of my time and resources. When real men talk, bitches should just remain silent and only wag their tails.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is actually a singkie BS excuse. When I 1st started work ..the talk is to hit target..if last time need to see 5 cust to make one sale...and with competition..than see 10 cust to make one sale...later not enough..20 to 1 etc ....these talk to justify making the employer rich. Why no emphasis on marketing, create demand etc? 3rd world thinking because no investment to make things better. Anyway the state of the semiconductors development in ChiCon land has actually gone backwards. I hope that ChiCons land will crash and burn as ChiCon land is today's Evil Empire

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is actually a singkie BS excuse. When I 1st started work ..the talk is to hit target..if last time need to see 5 cust to make one sale...and with competition..than see 10 cust to make one sale...later not enough..20 to 1 etc ....these talk to justify making the employer rich. Why no emphasis on marketing, create demand etc? 3rd world thinking because no investment to make things better. Anyway the state of the semiconductors development in ChiCon land has actually gone backwards. I hope that ChiCons land will crash and burn as ChiCon land is today's Evil Empire

For all companies, their bottom line is income and yields. They will exploit their workers to the maximum. I was once a production supervisor. The monthly turnover rate of my production operators was very high because the company's policy was totally fucked up. They expect new production operators to be working as fast and as efficient as those regulars after just being put through 3 hours (1 morning) of orientation. So, when that new production worker will slow down and/or confused, she will get reprimanded. How to retain them like these, especially when not everyone is of the same caliber fast learners? Eventually, I also cannot agree with the company's bloody policy and left the company myself. About 2 years later, that fucking company had even folded.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you don't impose your military on China, China will sooner or later impose its military on you, the rest of the world.

Taiwan is essential as the first island chain's frontline shield against China. You can't let the Chinese navy have a free pass into the Pacific Ocean and the US west coast.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all companies, their bottom line is income and yields. They will exploit their workers to the maximum. I was once a production supervisor. The monthly turnover rate of my production operators was very high because the company's policy was totally fucked up. They expect new production operators to be working as fast and as efficient as those regulars after just being put through 3 hours (1 morning) of orientation. So, when that new production worker will slow down and/or confused, she will get reprimanded. How to retain them like these, especially when not everyone is of the same caliber fast learners? Eventually, I also cannot agree with the company's bloody policy and left the company myself. About 2 years later, that fucking company had even folded.
Typical tow Kay pay 1 buck expect 100 bucks in return BS