• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The problems that come with PRC bus drivers

S

suicidalpap

[/COLOR]Bus driver's bizarre behaviour

ON MONDAY, I boarded SBS service 27 outside Tampines Mall. Typically, the bus was crowded and the driver brusquely ordered commuters to move to the back of the bus.

As he spoke in Mandarin, many passengers, which included a group of Indian workers in the middle of the bus, did not understand him.

Irritated, the driver alighted from the front of the bus, boarded the rear entrance, sat on an empty seat and refused to budge until I took the initiative to explain to the passengers to move to the rear.
He took his time getting back to the driver's seat to continue the journey.

But the driver was not done. He drove at a snail's pace of 15kmh to 20kmh, punctuating the journey with starts and stops, which frustrated virtually every passenger. A stop that took half a minute to reach was done in five.

I shouted at the driver to open the bus door to let us all off, and many passengers were getting increasingly angry.

The driver ignored our appeals and blithely continued driving at an excruciatingly slow speed.

I then approached him, intending to appeal to him not to waste passengers' time as it was already past 11pm, only to realise that he did not understand English.

Matters came to a head when a frustrated passenger got into a heated argument in Mandarin with the driver. When the passenger wanted to note down his name, the name tag was nowhere to be found.

When the bus finally arrived at a bus stop, virtually all the passengers alighted.

And to confirm our suspicions that there was nothing wrong with the bus, the driver sped away.

I ended up going home in a cab because service 27 buses, which originate from Changi Airport, are almost always packed.

Sunil Rai
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You employ cheap labour, you get cheap service. But our transport fares are not cheap. To hell with SMRT and SBS transit.

S

suicidalpap

PRC teaching bus commuters a lesson :biggrin:

Ps. How can they employ someone who don't speak simple English

No amount of PRC bus drivers will improve the image of our monopolistic transport companies.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/COLOR]Bus driver's bizarre behaviour

And to confirm our suspicions that there was nothing wrong with the bus, the driver sped away.

I ended up going home in a cab because service 27 buses, which originate from Changi Airport, are almost always packed.

Sunil Rai
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You employ cheap labour, you get cheap service. But our transport fares are not cheap. To hell with SMRT and SBS transit.

Bus driver can remember everything vividly but why not put out the bus plate no?:p

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn, they should have blanket party the PRC motherfucker

the trouble with sporeans is we dont have the balls to defend ourselves mainly because the authorities always take the easy way out.... punish citizen 'troublemakers' but be lenient to FTs.....

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coz they are cheap.... and as always no SINGAPOREANS WANT TO WORK ( for such low pay)
nonsense. bus drivers get paid quite well... for a blue-collared job. just that the working hrs, and cheebye singaporean customers(and FTs who speak none of the 4 major languages) that are a bitch.

i don't care for their supposed rudeness and bad "customer service". i just wished they stopped fucking hell jam-braking and throwing clutch. dunno how the fuck they pass their license like that!