• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Powers of Elected President that they DON"T want you to know

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A quick summary of the President's duties and powers can be found here: https://www.istana.gov.sg/The-President/Presidents-Duties/Constitutional

The problem though is non of these powers are of any interest to most opposition supporters and certainly not within scope of what Tan Kin Lian advocates (NS, CPF, HDB etc.).

1. Reserves - Unfortunately the President can only veto on matters requiring the drawdown of reserves, he cannot propose or authorize any drawdown at his discretion. This is where a lot of oppo-leaning candidates mislead their supporters into thinking that the President can influence and direct the allocation of the reserves.

2. Appointment of KOH such as stat board CEOs, CDF, CJ - This is probably the only power that is of some interest to normal citizens, but the reality is unless the proposed individual has serious flaws such as criminal record, no relevant experience etc. there really isn't much he can do in practice.

3. ISA / Religious Harmony / CPIB - These are all very narrow and specific areas that while true in theory, probably are of no interest to ordinary citizens.

4. Appointment of PM - No power, has to appoint individual that has the support of majority of MPs

5. Appointment of Ministers - No power, has to follow PM advice

6. Pardon of Death Sentence - No power, has to follow cabinet advice

Last edited:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
To samurai....

eHV5V6k.png

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tiagong , TKL will appoint TJS and TCB
as his two members of CPA :biggrin:

Screenshot_2023-08-28-01-33-34-52_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Latest update 85% officially confirmed.

The current coffee shop gossip is that many ordinary Sporeans are giving their vote to TKL as a protest message to the govt.

People are tired and fed up with the ridiculously high COE & HDB prices and generally high cost of living.

They are voting TKL to call for a change and a wake up call to the govt.

Sporeans build this country but now can only watch the rich foreigners own the nice houses & condos and nice cars.

Some feel we are the "have nots" in our own country.

So Tharman could be in for the biggest shock of his life.

We shall see come 1st Sept.
God bless Singapore

For those who are driving and wondering why our petrol is so expensive? Tharman introduced the "Petrol Tax" in 2015 when petrol prices were much lower.

But when petrol prices increase till now, petrol tax is still not removed to lower our cost of living.

FYI, petrol tax was taxed at $0.15 per litre, and then raised to $0.25 per litre in 2021, meaning everytime a full tank of said a 40litres car is pumped with petrol,

it will be an extra $10
in petrol tax being paid, plus 9% GST.

Thank you Tharman!

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why a
Tiagong , TKL will appoint TJS and TCB
as his two members of CPA :biggrin:

View attachment 187937

Latest update 85% officially confirmed.

The current coffee shop gossip is that many ordinary Sporeans are giving their vote to TKL as a protest message to the govt.

People are tired and fed up with the ridiculously high COE & HDB prices and generally high cost of living.

They are voting TKL to call for a change and a wake up call to the govt.

Sporeans build this country but now can only watch the rich foreigners own the nice houses & condos and nice cars.

Some feel we are the "have nots" in our own country.

So Tharman could be in for the biggest shock of his life.

We shall see come 1st Sept.
God bless Singapore

For those who are driving and wondering why our petrol is so expensive? Tharman introduced the "Petrol Tax" in 2015 when petrol prices were much lower.

But when petrol prices increase till now, petrol tax is still not removed to lower our cost of living.

FYI, petrol tax was taxed at $0.15 per litre, and then raised to $0.25 per litre in 2021, meaning everytime a full tank of said a 40litres car is pumped with petrol,

it will be an extra $10
in petrol tax being paid, plus 9% GST.

Thank you Tharman!
Why all same surname one? Where got so 巧 one ? Are these three actually blood brothers with different mothers? The plot thickens....

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The process of having a election of president in itself is already a risky move for an existing gov, especially if is only a 2 head on candidates.
The % of winning votes itself is an indication of whether he/she can overthrow the gov if they have the balls .

I believe PAP Know about this, that's why they will not let this happen. Having another or more candidates will reduce this risk .
That is the main reason that cock song was caled in.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the last column where it dictates if Council of Presidential Advisers (CPA) needs to be consulted, and the items that are marked "NO".

The EP can say NO to the appointment of PM, without having to consult the CPA.

View attachment 187731View attachment 187732

Still think the EP is just a 2nd key guarding the reserves ? @Papsmearer is right after all. :rolleyes:

Let's remove PAP as the party which wins the majority in a GE. Let's say it is the WP who won in a landslide victory when a PAP "president" is in power, and refuses to appoint the WP leader as Prime Minister. What do you think will happen? Wouldn't it lead to a constitutional crisis or WP supporters taking to the streets?

The whole problem with all these unhappiness is predicated on the PAP being in power in perpetuity so everything about the EP takes on an anti-PAP slant.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole problem with all these unhappiness is predicated on the PAP being in power in perpetuity so everything about the EP takes on a an anti-PAP slant.
Yes, the people are unhappy with the PAP and PAP are stubborn and do not listen to the people.

Do take note. It is the people who has the say who will be the president. PAP only relies on the fear and ignorance of the people to win.

Do you wish people to be this fearful and ignorant, or are you there taking a stand to remove such fear and ignorance of the people?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the people are unhappy with the PAP and PAP are stubborn and do not listen to the people.

Do take note. It is the people who has the say who will be the president. PAP only relies on the fear and ignorance of the people to win.

Do you wish people to be this fearful and ignorant, or are you there taking a stand to remove such fear and ignorance of the people?

Yes, I fully agree with you. I am equally unhappy with the PAP. But you cannot argue that the people have their "say" only when the candidate of their choice wins. But when he loses, it is because the PAP is relying on "fear" and "ignorance". That makes no sense. It underestimates the intelligence of the voters who know what they want.

It is the same when people complain about how unfair the GRC system is. But when the WP wins Aljunied GRC which results in not 1 but 5 WP members being elected, it suddenly becomes okay. Does this "okay and fair when I or my party of choice wins" but "not okay and fair when I or my party of choice loses" make any sense?

Generally speaking, in a Confucian society, unlike a Western or Indian one which is more quarrelsome and querulous, people prefer political stability before all else. They don't want constant yakking, quarrels, unending debates or political gridlocks.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
But when he loses, it is because the PAP is relying on "fear" and "ignorance". That makes no sense. It underestimates the intelligence of the voters who know what they want.
i never underestimate the intelligence of the voters, i only say PAP can only win by riding on the ignorance and fear of the people. and PAP is doing their best on that. We do not know how many percentage of the people are ignorant and fearful to this date but they are putting out the best shot that they can do.

Generally speaking, in a Confucian society, unlike a Western or Indian one which is more quarrelsome and querulous, people prefer political stability before all else. They don't want constant yakking, quarrels, unending debates or political gridlocks.

The climate of the world society, imo, has changed ever since covid and vaccinated death take place. Now is about NWO and depopulation. But that is me and people who think like me. I am taking a stand to go against that and give humanity a chance to live on. My vote on TKL is for this. PAP cannot win me over because i am well-informed of all such events.