• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Poor Man's AUDI has arrived !

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like this new ruling still not widely known yet:

http://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=n&AID=18174

The Competition Commission of Singapore has announced that warranty restrictions on car servicing, repairs and parts will be lifted by the end of this year.

Come next year, drivers will be able to fix their cars at a workshop of their choice and not worry too much about losing their warranty, the Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) said in a statement on Monday (11thDecember). Under current warranty restrictions, drivers can service or repair their cars only at authorised workshops. Fixing their cars at independent workshops will void their warranty. The change, which will affect existing and new warranties, comes after the CCS concluded an inquiry into the supply of car parts.

Current restrictions deter car owners from using independent workshops, restricting the workshops' ability to compete effectively with authorised ones, the watchdog said. This restriction may, in turn, allow authorised workshops to charge customers higher prices for servicing, repair and parts, it added.

The change will mean that car dealers can void warranties or reject claims only if they establish that independent workshops damaged or caused defects to the vehicle under warranty, the watchdog added. Mr. Toh Han Li, CCS' Chief Executive, said, "The removal of the warranty restrictions will facilitate a more competitive market for car repairs and servicing, with more choices for car owners, and opportunities for existing and new independent workshops."

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Hyundai i30 not available in Thailand. What a waste!

Yes sayang la. Do you notice there’s no Korean car manufacturing in Thailand? Even the bloody chink MG is now assembled here and making very good sale. Korean really missed out in this market.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Hyundai i30 not available in Thailand. What a waste!

You aren't really missing anything. I owned 2 Tucsons and was not impressed. A Toyota is still better.

My current Mark X is the best car I've ever owned. Lexus luxury for NZD17,000.00 used.

2009_Toyota_Mark-X_01.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is expected. every luxury brand going suv.

bentley bentayga has been around for 2 years.
24f7582870e07582c666a08e1adfe453

and now the 2018 lamborghini uterus, oops, urus has arrived to challenge the bengaya, oops, bentayga.
309a32419dcbf7ac3ca324b0a113ee3b

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They all look ridiculous but it seems there is no choice but to go down the road that Porsche took or they'll end up losing the market.

this is expected. every luxury brand going suv.

bentley bentayga has been around for 2 years.
24f7582870e07582c666a08e1adfe453

and now the 2018 lamborghini uterus, oops, urus has arrived to challenge the bengaya, oops, bentayga.
309a32419dcbf7ac3ca324b0a113ee3b

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They all look ridiculous but it seems there is no choice but to go down the road that Porsche took or they'll end up losing the market.
the uterus, oops urus, even look uncannily like the macan. they are all looking over their shoulders and copying one another.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:27 PM

• Ender1
    Neutral Newbie

rank1.gif

I have an A3 Sedan. 1.4 TFSI. Bought brand new from the Audi dealership in 2014 July. It has always been serviced by the agent and i do it regularly almost or near the prescribed mileage intervals.

Since i bought it I've had to:

1. Replace Gear Mechatron unit twice - once was free as it was during warranty period, and once 2 months ago at cost of about $4K plus (ouch!).
  2. Replace car battery 3 times - I'm now into the 4th battery. First battery died 9 months after i bought it. I have a small front facing garmin camera facing forward but agent tested and said it was not causing any electricity bleed/leak.
  3. Repair the engine mounting
  4. Repair the fuel flap lock as it stopped working all of a sudden
This is not counting all the usual things u need changed like blown lightbulbs, brake pads, wipers etc. I had an accident 1 year ago and it was agent repaired. Accident was not major and engine not affected. Just body work to the front grill.

Car is less than 4 years and mileage less than 80K.

Anyone else with A3 Sedan have such regular breakdowns and need for repairs? I've always thought Audi was a premium brand but lots of things seem to break down, considering its less than 4 years old with less than 80K mileage. Compared to my old Mazda 3 which only started giving me issued after 7-8 years into the cars lifespan.

Only premium about Audi A3 is their Premium repair cost.