• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The politics thread :)

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean has been gracious and kind in the past to the point of being fleeced happily...........

It is when Singaporeans job are taken away that they started to wake up. The ones that haven't wake up are the SMEs business owners who are still benefitting from the influx of cheap workers and their food and necessities spendings here.

Not just SME owners, many others are happily losing their souls too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm from SMI; also a good school in Ipoh. Heheh.... I think only Johoreans would send their kids to study in Sg since its nearby.

No wonder u know so much about MY edu system. I haven't given up because I am a product of such an edu system, and I grad from a local uni as well. I realize parents play a very important role in the kids upbringing too; and also academic education is not everything, although its still important.

Well said, education shapes us but it is our character as well that really helps to define us and ultimately, our destiny in life.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, education shapes us but it is our character as well that really helps to define us and ultimately, our destiny in life.

Education shapes you? Psle, n or o level, dip, degree? Shape what? Don't confuse education with intelligence, Education only educates you on subjects. Your life experience is the one that shapes you.

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Education shapes you? Psle, n or o level, dip, degree? Shape what? Don't confuse education with intelligence, Education only educates you on subjects. Your life experience is the one that shapes you.

My neighbour, holding ntc3 in electronic servicing many years back. Now he own his own company. Got hundred over staffs. Sheer hardship and endurance. Have to take my hats off.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Sweating when pumping full tank in Shell station this morning at 6am back to Spore. V-power RM 3.30 and Ron 97 RM 3.00.

What is going on with the global oil prices? Did it go up drastically? Why did Malaysia govt up the price by a whopping 30 sen all of a sudden?

I think Now even the petrol stations are starting to find Singaporeans easy to fleece.

Crude oil price still below USD 100 far from the day of USD 140+ and now they broke the last record high of RON 97 RM 2.90 at triple quick pace compare to when they lower it to 2.60 only at tortoise pace after crude oil price hover a long time in the low of USD 80.

The petrol stations are joining in the bandwagon of property developers and soon the eateries will also join in. :confused:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Now even the petrol stations are starting to find Singaporeans easy to fleece.

Crude oil price still below USD 100 far from the day of USD 140+ and now they broke the last record high of RON 97 RM 2.90 at triple quick pace compare to when they lower it to 2.60 only at tortoise pace after crude oil price hover a long time in the low of USD 80.

The petrol stations are joining in the bandwagon of property developers and soon the eateries will also join in. :confused:

petrol price is control by goverment. not petro station owner raise the price as they like.

i think malaysians also pump RON97. their governemnt is screwing everyone up, pity the malaysians

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal

What exactly is the malaysian govt thinking? Are they anticipating a huge huge volume of foreign registered cars into johor because of the legoland opening soon and afraid that petrol might not be enough? Is this why they hike the price indiscriminately?

Or is it election time around the corner and they need to show locals that they are very fair govt by charging much higher petrol rate for foreign cars?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

What exactly is the malaysian govt thinking? Are they anticipating a huge huge volume of foreign registered cars into johor because of the legoland opening soon and afraid that petrol might not be enough? Is this why they hike the price indiscriminately?

Or is it election time around the corner and they need to show locals that they are very fair govt by charging much higher petrol rate for foreign cars?

My thinking is: Every policy from now till election is for election. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Put it this way.

------Deleted----------

To Lonelysin

I didn't see this reply before it is deleted by Wuqi. Put it this way, don't think that only you foreigners have the right to blast at Singaporean, hurling vulgarities at me some more. I am replying YOU loud and clear to shut up and listen to what I am saying below:

1) Don't gripe about the JB property prices are getting higher while you are earning SG dollars be it working in SG or working in JB benefitting from SG citizens patronage.

2) Don't talk one thing and do another, you respect PM lee etc then join and be a SG citizen, don't stay in JB and claim how good SG govt is. Unlike you, we praise MY govt and I believe many here would gladly take up MY citizenship in a beat if given the opportunity, I for one.

3) Don't laugh at SG citizens say cheap etc when you earning SG dollar have the same spending power and in your heart is saying the same but hypocritically complain about high JB property prices.

4) Don't accuse people of speeding when people post news on speed camera. Going by your stupid logic, people who post news on crime are criminals.

5) Don't just because you are a disgrunted buyer who failed to buy Nusa Duta at your desired price, stooped so low as you did previously to pretend to be a Nusa Duta buyer to slander the development. You exaggerate and fabricate defects and when kena exposed, harbour ill feelings and now come back to revenge and target Nusa Duta buyers. It shows your lowly character and hopefully you are the exception rather than the norm in JB.

I am a Nusa Duta buyer and didn't see all those defects that you claimed and anyway, any defects are up to the genuine Nusa Duta buyers to liaise with developer and not for you to pretend to be buyer to care when you are full of ill intent and so vicious in character.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

high crime then don come lo

Put it this way.

------Deleted----------

Hmm...i am curious to know too. Wat was Lonelysin original text ya?

Crimes are everywhere...be it JB, KL, Msia or even Sillypore. We are not criticising MY garment. They are our gracious host. Why should we be hypocrites? Stay in JB and start criticising MY? Doesnt make sense. And yes...if the garment grant us Mpr, I for one would not hesitate to grab it.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

petrol price is control by goverment. not petro station owner raise the price as they like.

Okay, petrol price of Ron97 determined by govt; that would mean MY govt not as welcoming to Singaporeans as before. :P

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think malaysians also pump RON97. their governemnt is screwing everyone up, pity the malaysians

But for Malaysians who can pump the cheaper Ron95 but still chose to pump Ron97, the situation is quite different. If you chose to pay high when you can pay low, can't blame anyone. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

During Dr. M era, Malaysian politics can be quite inconsistent; happy supply you water, not happen threaten to cut supply. Threats can't get through, crocked bridge also can built. It is only these few years that there is some consistency in their politics; hope they don't spoilt the blooming property party here by giving in to greeds.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Whoami, cannot read the news article from the link, believe it is only for those with subscription. You have subscription to ST?

Alamak! Forgot. Ya ...we need to subscribe to ST. Later try to copy paste.

Anyway, chill ya, Queen. Had i notice the original text of lonelysin, I will definitely zap him. Have some respects for ladies ya!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! Forgot. Ya ...we need to subscribe to ST. Later try to copy paste.

Anyway, chill ya, Queen. Had i notice the original text of lonelysin, I will definitely zap him. Have some respects for ladies ya!

Thanks in advance, love to read that news article. Now zaobao also cannot read already as all need subscription. Btw don't call me Queen leh, me no royalty connection. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks in advance, love to read that news article. Now zaobao also cannot read already as all need subscription. Btw don't call me Queen leh, me no royalty connection. :smile:

Its ok lah Queen. We also have Kamp Chief. Ladies here all ok ok. No problem. Tak ada masaalah yah...:smile:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

Okay, petrol price of Ron97 determined by govt; that would mean MY govt not as welcoming to Singaporeans as before. :P

I don't know how you relate RON97 = singaporean?

RON97 is no longer subsidised item. current crude oil price at ~90-100, you can probably check what is the fair price for 1 liter of petro. bear in mind previously when crude price was ~140, Ron97 was still heavily subsidised even at RM2.90.

If you think MY goverment not welcoming singaporean because they raise RON97 price, can always go back singapore pump RON95 or even RON92.