• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The politics thread :)

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The risk today is that if the BN is returned with only a slim majority, Najib will be booted out as head of UMNO (and PM as well), a repeat of what had happened to his predecessor, Badawi. Thereafter, his deputy, Muhyiddin Yassin, will come in as PM and we all know that it will then be a disaster for the minority races.

If the PR were to win, Anwar will surely have conflicts down the road with his PAS coalition party because they will also want the PM post. Anyway, just hope for a good outcome tomorrow.

Looks like a damn if you do or damn if you don't kind of situation. Najib should thank his lucky stars that he wins, if at all!

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly Sis! Since independence, we welcome foreigners, Jap in 70 and 80s, Hongkies in 80 and 90s and Malaysian bro/sis all the time, etc) coming in to live and work in Singapore.

We never have a problem on that until recent years thanks to the “careful and detail planning” of our leaders.

Yes, social problems, etc and the list go on and it is beyond my limits to name it here one by one.

Today is the important day for our Malaysian bro/sis back in their hometown to do battle, and a few years down the road, it will be our turn to “UBAH”. :smile:

This xenophobia label is ridiculous, I can proudly say that Singaporeans have been very open and welcoming to foreigners living and working in SG for so many years.

People only changed in the recent years when too many foreigners of low quality are let in suddenly, causing social problems like littering and taking away limited resources from citizens. It does not help that many times these foreigners are unappreciative and bite the hands that feed them, passing insulting comments of Singaporeans.

Infact, the welcome we gave out to foreigners working in SG is for sure more than the welcome we received - even as tourists only - from some citizens in another country.

Last edited:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, they do have loyal supporters (but not for long :smile: lah). A few year back during the time the panel was reviewing the ministers pay, I was at my friend place, his uncle (~80 ish) was reading the "morning papers" and kept cursing that the "morning papers" has deframe them, I remember hearding him repeating to himself "$100K to 200k per month? Where got so high pay?"

At that time, I thought wah, this ah peh really on fire. :smile:

Absolutely! PAP has always benefited from the misplaced fear that one's vote is not secret.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean we will not get to know the result by 12 midnight today? Will be keen to see the MYR exchange against SGD. Suppose whoever wins will have to review property policy in Johor.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CPF mechanism is really strange, I see stock announcements of Msia EPF buying and disposing Msia shares all the time, their system is definitely more transparent as far as EPF is concerned.

Most tend to agree transparency is the long standing issue with Singapore Incorp, so much so the late honourable President Ong had to invoke a special high court tribunal to try to get information on Singapore reserve to be overseen by the President, with very little success though.

I checked information provided by Epf, epf invested in equities, so much so 44% of its return is equity based and it pays 6.15% dividend for y/e 2012. The buy sell announcements of stocks by epf is probably stock exchange requirement. Whereas cpf infor says it invests only in special Singapore government bonds, guaranteed 100% by govt.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean we will not get to know the result by 12 midnight today? Will be keen to see the MYR exchange against SGD. Suppose whoever wins will have to review property policy in Johor.

I guess it depends on how many disputes and recountings happen before one side achieves majority. It might well beyond 12 midnight. I have beer, stout and wine ready for outcomes through the night.:rolleyes:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, they do have loyal supporters (but not for long :smile: lah). A few year back during the time the panel was reviewing the ministers pay, I was at my friend place, his uncle (~80 ish) was reading the "morning papers" and kept cursing that the "morning papers" has deframe them, I remember hearding him repeating to himself "$100K to 200k per month? Where got so high pay?"

At that time, I thought wah, this ah peh really on fire. :smile:

Truth be told, the support base for PAP is not made up entirely of the senior citizens brigade. Many of them have lamented on the lack of support from the Government in their silver years. Instead, the bulk of them are now investment property owners, meaning those who own more than 1 property or are private property dwellers. They fear the rocking of the boat. Naturally, there are also the civil servants and the newly minted citizens that are the forces behind it.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like BN losing steam.

Last updated 20:00

JOHOR DAP BN
P142 Labis 4462 3277
DAP BN
P145 Bakri 0 0
DAP BN
P152 Kluang 3998 2040
DAP BN
P162 Gelang Patah 9266 7374
DAP BN Bebas
P163 Kulai 13384 8323 82
DAP BN
P165 Tanjong Piai 3807 5254

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should know the results by tonight or early morning.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely.

Bro, you still can't get my joke?

Truth be told, the support base for PAP is not made up entirely of the senior citizens brigade. Many of them have lamented on the lack of support from the Government in their silver years. Instead, the bulk of them are now investment property owners, meaning those who own more than 1 property or are private property dwellers. They fear the rocking of the boat. Naturally, there are also the civil servants and the newly minted citizens that are the forces behind it.