• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP's decision to abolish streaming in schools came only 30 years later

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even before I had entered politics when I was still teaching at NUS, I had been calling out the harm that streaming does to children and education system.​

Since then, SDP has repeatedly called for the practice to be scrapped: “Under the SDP’s education plan…students entering secondary school will not be streamed."
30 years later, the PAP finally has its eureka! moment when Educational Minister Chan Chun Sing said in Parliament this week that streaming would be done away with by 2024.

(Actually, Ong Ye Kung announced this in 2019 but added that students will be grouped in bands instead. Same difference. But it's a matter for discussion another time.)
The point is that they’ve repeatedly played catch-up in policy formulation that would prepare Singapore for the future.

Intellectual heft among its leaders? Not much there.

The one thing that the PAP govt has going for it is enormous state resources that it taps into to propagate the myth that it is a party of the future.

Don’t fall for this, Singapore.

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2022/03/the-paps-decision-to-abolish-streaming.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Streaming is a great way of separating the gifted from the dimwits.

Streaming did wonders for my self esteem. It awarded me with a badge of honor that I could use to ridicule others who ended up being labelled "normal".

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Streaming did wonders for my self esteem. It awarded me with a badge of honor that I could use to ridicule others who ended up being labelled "normal".
Ironically you now live in a country where getting "special" education means something very different

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
61% doesn't even know that all these clowns are incapable, mistakes after mistakes, hospital also now they tell u sg core, cb, why Don army also outsource out,if there a real war I will be a bystander,lol.not fighting to.prozect their wealth,n majority if fight will be preserve their debts,lol

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
They had to wait till everyone forgets that it was the opposition who raised it; then probably claim it as their own ingenuity. Not the first time.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Streaming is a great way to differentiate between those who can make good use of the opportunities that subsidised public education can give and those who will not. If not, public resources will just be wasted.