• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP’s Terrifying process of choosing Singapore’s next PM

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When they talk of choosing the next Pm amongst themselves, its an insult to the intelligence of the voters-what makes them think the party is sure to win the next election or that any of the so called 4G team will make it to Parliament?
The voters have no say in this?
Do they have the mandate of heaven?

yes, they have assumed that the voters will vote them in. That is assuming alot. More indication that the election is/will be rigged. I think Tan Cheng Bok can put in a good show if he aligns himself with one of the oppo party more closely (not the WP). Perhaps even win it. He was very close when he went up against Tony short fart Tan.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
so far no takers to be just a "seat warmer" for hongyi. that's why the stalemate. :p

Not only that, have to deal with the mad bitch Whore Jinx, who will likely be roaming the hallways of the PMO and making sure her son has a nice office in there, premium kopi, and hourly massages.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This makes no sense. PAP members are all "yes" men. They all crave to be brainless figureheads and soft puppets on a big fat salary. All of them should be nominating themselves to be the next PM, including JohnTan. Something is amiss.

Tony Tan said no to Old Fart, they are yes man, but if they don't want to do it, how can u force them? Even Tharm said no, right?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
basically, the way that Gay Loong has allowed this whole successor issue to be played out is outright negligent. The next PM has to be a DPM now. Preferably at least 2 years ago, so that he would have some practical training under his belt. Even if a successor was chosen later this year among the 16 and immediately put into a DPM position, that leaves about 2.5 years before the next election. Which means that the successor only has that short time of on the job training. By contrast, GCT was almost 6 years as a DPM, coupled to his years as CEO of a national large company, NOL. Gay Loong himself was a DPM of 14 years. This will mean that the next PM has the least amount of experience and is taking over the job at a time when there are no Familee members in govt. This is a very stupid way to arrange for your successor. The more I look it, the more likely that Gay Loong's lack of urgency stems from the fact that a SM position will be created for him and that he will in effect still hold the reins of power.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You don't need OJT to become a competent PM.

John Key did an excellent job as PM despite having zero experience running a country. He was in opposition for 2 terms and became PM when he won the election 2008.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that, have to deal with the mad bitch Whore Jinx, who will likely be roaming the hallways of the PMO and making sure her son has a nice office in there, premium kopi, and hourly massages.
how about bring him cereal, milk and dessert too?
choc-cake.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until today all of them kept mum about Chinese holding to the throne for 1/2 decade n no one spoken how imprt it is to give the seat warmer post to an Indian certified Malay or non majority, where is tan bockchink.. no interested to put his foot in the mouth?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You don't need OJT to become a competent PM.

John Key did an excellent job as PM despite having zero experience running a country. He was in opposition for 2 terms and became PM when he won the election 2008.

But John Key surround himself with competent, professional, and qualified staff. Just being a good judge of character and listening and taking the right advice from qualified people will make him successful. The next PeeM is almost certain to be surrounded by sycophants, porlumpars, unqualified ex SAF genitals, scholars with no real experience, etc. He will need all the OJT he can get.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so far no takers to be just a "seat warmer" for hongyi. that's why the stalemate. :p

They are preparing the 'throne seat' for ho jinx, & come out with excuses that, they are 'few good men' or 'not experienced enough' as a seat warmer, until the next generation of the Li step up.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
They are preparing the 'throne seat' for ho jinx, & come out with excuses that, they are 'few good men' or 'not experienced enough' as a seat warmer, until the next generation of the Li step up.

That is probably why the 16 idiots are so reluctant to arrow one of themselves to be PeeM. They all know they will be seat warmers. They know the real power will still be with Gay Loong who will be given a power SM position. And they know Whore Jinx will be constantly in their office wanting this and that for her boy. The Trifecta of bad shit. Who wants to be in the middle of that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can't believe the numbers of idiots on social media talking about who they want and who they think should get the post, etc. the fact is, we know nothing about this 16 fuckers. All of them have major holes in their resume. eg. CCS knows alot about defence but nothing about economics. DisGraceFu knows nothing about defence but apparently knows social welfare. etc. Non of them in my mind have distinguished themselves. The potentially good choices are not here. How are they going to choose among themselves? Do they show all their year end reviews to each other? Do they sit there and pass around their resumes to each other? This is one fucked up way to pick the next leader. I bet Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, etc don't pick their successors this way.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I hope HC comes into the picture and fight to be PM,,,because for most cases when the wife takes over disaster happens....just look at Zimbabwe and what happen to Mugabe when he maneuver to put his wife in power? and HC is not that young,,,I doubt she has many years left,,so maybe Pinky is really at his wits end to put a seat warmer in place ,,,,

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have an hour to spare should watch this episode of Yes Minister. It illustrates the process whereby Jim Hacker ends up winning the party leadership despite the fact that he is hardly the most capable. It's one of my favorite episodes and is absolutely hilarious.

Better quality here:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess ALL 16 of the 4G candidates are procrastinating because they are trying to second-guess Pinky's choice. They know if they place the wrong bet, it's game over for them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I I bet Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, etc don't pick their successors this way.

Bill Gate's successor was Steve Balmer and he was an absolute clown. Whatever method Steve used to select this oaf obviously did not work very well.