• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the difference between Spain's Tika Taka and Swansea's Tika Taka? The ability of the players. Give Tony Pulis players like Iniesta, Fabregas and David Silva for his Stoke team and he'll also succeed. I maintain that Tiki Taka is both inefficient and boring. After all, Spain was leading Italy 2-0 at half time even though they were outpassed by the Italians. :smile:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sob sob sob ....

406054_330231193730396_1049111912_n.jpg

Yi Dao

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the difference between Spain's Tika Taka and Swansea's Tika Taka? The ability of the players. Give Tony Pulis players like Iniesta, Fabregas and David Silva for his Stoke team and he'll also succeed. I maintain that Tiki Taka is both inefficient and boring. After all, Spain was leading Italy 2-0 at half time even though they were outpassed by the Italians. :smile:

Many here including myself did not like it when his Tiki-Taka produced results like 0-1 and 0-0 but now after winning the trophy that fatso will have his bragging rights. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
who say spain play like a wimp. They chiong all the way to net in 4 goals. That does not seem like a kiasi way of playing. That is unsinkified playing.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many here including myself did not like it when his Tiki-Taka produced results like 0-1 and 0-0 but now after winning the trophy that fatso will have his bragging rights. :biggrin:

Boss, that fatso has only managed three teams before: Real Madrid, Besiktas and Spain. Why was he so successful with Real Madrid and Spain but got the sack at Besiktas? :rolleyes:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the back 4 of Italy were not compact and simply doze off.

2nd goal was a killer.
altho xavi has slot in a nice through pass, how did a left back managed to run in between 2 defenders and scored.

3rd and 4th goals, Italy down to 10 men. 3 subs used and Motta hamstring stopping him to carry on.
instead of putting 1 more striker, he sub a midfielder for midfielder.
10 men, 2 goals down, exhausted, lost focus seduce Spain to score more.

Germany did not played well and so was Italy.

jw5

Loyal
i didn't watch the match. soccernet said that italy played quite ok and were not disgraced. both teams possession were equal. italy didn't deserve that?

opinions anyone?

Italy had to make a substitution in the 20th min, Balzaretti for Chellini, defender for defender.
In the second half, they were down 0-2 and brought on Di Natale and Motta. Motta had to go off with a hamstring injury so down to 10 men.
Quite unlucky, but Spain played fast and attacked them, so thoroughly deserved their victory.

You get to keep your kkj, I lost $10 on Italy and 5 goals, but luckily got $25 profit on 4 goals. But definitely didn't think it would be 0-4!!!!

jw5

Loyal

With Spain, it's not the fault of the players that they were boring before yesterday, it's Rene's fault for being afraid to lose the ball.
They have outstanding players, including Alonso with his long passes, Xavi with his short incisive passes and Iniesta with his dribbling and running, etc.

Liverpool (both players and fans) could be in for an uncomfortable time next season.
Imagine Lucas, Gerrard and Spearing trying to play tiki taka.
The only one who can do that in the whole squad is Suarez.

jw5

Loyal
Boss, that fatso has only managed three teams before: Real Madrid, Besiktas and Spain. Why was he so successful with Real Madrid and Spain but got the sack at Besiktas? :rolleyes:

Quote:
"Good coaches win with good players. Nobody wins with bad players".
Unquote

----- Frank Layden, former NBA coach of the Utaz Jazz -------

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exception : Mourinho won ugly in 2010 with piss poor Inter in the CL knocking tiki taka Barca out. :biggrin:

Quote:
Unquote

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Azzurris played 3-5-1-1 with De Rossi, Motta and Pirlo in the middle, would have been a different story. What the salami is De Rossi doing on the left wing? :(

the back 4 of Italy were not compact and simply doze off.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:
Unquote

Spain won Euro / WC / Euro under 2 different managers but the actual team has remained more or less the same.
England will never win a major tournament. Not because they have bad managers but because they have bad players. The last decent manager they had was Sir Bobby Robson.
Even if they secured the services of Mourhino or Guardiola it would make no difference.

Players will win matches not managers. The British mentality is to equate The English Premiership to the England National squad. The best players in the EPL are all foreign but the English seem to think that because they have the most successful league in the world, they must also have (by implication) the potential to have one of the best national sides in football. For me, England can strive for one or the other but cannot achieve greatness in both.

I don't expect to see England win a major tournament (Euro or World Cup) in my lifetime. i.e next 50 years!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes getting sacked doesn't mean someone is incompetent.
Look at Mourinho at Chelsea.

jw5

Loyal
Exception : Mourinho won ugly in 2010 with piss poor Inter in the CL knocking tiki taka Barca out. :biggrin:

He won ugly, but he had players like Milito, Eto, Lucio, Maicon, keeper Julio Cesar, Stankovic, and a certain Mr Motta in his team.
Not too bad, certainly not piss poor..............................

jw5

Loyal
Players will win matches not managers. The British mentality is to equate The English Premiership to the England National squad. The best players in the EPL are all foreign but the English seem to think that because they have the most successful league in the world, they must also have (by implication) the potential to have one of the best national sides in football. For me, England can strive for one or the other but cannot achieve greatness in both.

Certainly due to the players.
Even this tournament, Parker and Gerrard were totally out-played in midfield, could not even keep the ball for more than 6 passes.
These blood and guts players look out of place in the international tournaments, and if u have off form "stars" like Rooney, it just makes it worse.
England needs to re-look their approach to football right from the schoolboys to the youths all the way to the first team.
I think Hodgson's job actually includes all these.

jw5

Loyal
If the Azzurris played 3-5-1-1 with De Rossi, Motta and Pirlo in the middle, would have been a different story. What the salami is De Rossi doing on the left wing? :(

They were actually playing diamond in midfield, with Pirlo at the base, De Rossi and Marchisio above him and Montolivo at the apex.
But Spain played too well and too quick for them. Being down to 10 men didn't help.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's where they cocked up their tactics isn't it? Playing high up with their ball winner out of position. :biggrin:

They were actually playing diamond in midfield, with Pirlo at the base, De Rossi and Marchisio above him and Montolivo at the apex.
But Spain played too well and too quick for them. Being down to 10 men didn't help.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the CL, you measure yourself against the best. By Barca's standard, they're piss poor isn't it? :biggrin:

He won ugly, but he had players like Milito, Eto, Lucio, Maicon, keeper Julio Cesar, Stankovic, and a certain Mr Motta in his team.
Not too bad, certainly not piss poor..............................