• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The new Johnny Weir of figure skating - Yuzuru Hanyu of Nippon

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazing rise to the top.

8Z20120331GZ0JPG00206400100.jpg

Why all the top men figure skating are all from asia. This is strange.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yuzuru Hanyu's Sensational Comeback At The World Championships 2012

On Saturday Japanese teen skater Yuzuru Hanyu once again lit up the world of Figure Skating with a sensational comeback performance in The World Figure Skating Championships in France.
Things weren't looking good for Yuzuru on Friday after a poor showing in the first round Short Programme which put him down as far as 7th place.
But his spectacular performance in The Free Programme on Saturday was enough to see him earn the Bronze Medal after virtually being out of the running.
Once again victory went to Canadian Patrick Chan who some felt was clearly over marked yet again. Some believed that it was Japan's Takahashi that should have won The Gold Medal, not Chan.

The commentary team on Eurosport tv protested at the outcome saying that the over scoring for Chan had ruined what was one of the best Men's Championships, even suggesting there be some kind of enquiry.

So as it stands I cant really comment on the Final Skating Free Programme thanks to Eurosport UK TV. I was looking forward to watching some of the other participants.
But I did enjoy watching Yuzuru. And he certainly made up for his bad showing on Friday. And by the end of his skate he looked completely shattered, physically as well as emotionally after performing to the music from Romeo and Juliet.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;Q0RBtPX2bLI]http://youtu.be/Q0RBtPX2bLI[/video]
World championship free program english commentary