• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The latest and greatest HAZE updates and commentry

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Haze "Tai chi" over to Malaysia with a whopping PSI 750

Don't worry, be happy. Apart from this minor irritant, SG is still number one in many areas due to the capable leadership of the ministers who are the best in the world, oops, I mean best-paid.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

apologies if this has already been posted here , but i just found this online

View attachment 10791

I'm looking at some models from 3M which have a valve to make breathing easier for long term use.
However these model are probably not useful against SARs. Only for use against haze?

http://www.amazon.com/3M-8511-Parti...qid=1372044070&sr=1-1&keywords=n95+respirator
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Cool-Flow-...qid=1372044070&sr=1-4&keywords=n95+respirator

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I put in order for 9211 and then realised delivery would be mid july, so cancelled

Slayer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: How bad is the haze!!!! The haze is so bad.......................

NTUC FairPrice restocks face masks

By Olivia Siong
POSTED: 24 Jun 2013 10:27 PM

ntuc-fairprice-473641.png

Shoppers at an NTUC FairPrice outlet.

SINGAPORE: With the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) reading staying under 100 for much of Monday, the queue for face masks seems to have abated.

NTUC FairPrice said it has restocked face masks at its supermarkets.

Over the weekend, more than two million face masks, including surgical masks, were distributed to its outlets.

Each N95 mask is selling at S$2.25 each.

NTUC FairPrice’s CEO, Seah Kian Peng, told Channel NewsAsia that were no queues at some stores, while orderly queues formed at others.

There did not seem to be too much of a rush from customers trying to get their hands on them.

One customer, Winston Lee, said: "I think the control is good as well, everyone (is allowed to buy) 10 pieces each only. There is a control, rather than on the rack, anyone can just pick and go, but this way, it is fair play for everyone.”

Another customer, C R Krishnan, said: "It has been clear for two days already, so I do not see the need. (I will) wait and see how it turns out, because even when it (the PSI) reached 400, it was only for a short while, so I do not think we need to panic and rush for it."

Each person is limited to buying 10 N95 masks, and one 50-piece box of three- or four-ply surgical masks.

NTUC FairPrice said there is no purchase limit imposed on surgical face masks in smaller packs.

Going forward, NTUC FairPrice said it also plans to always have face masks in its inventory.

Mr Seah said: "The important thing is that when these things happen, I think all of us will be concerned. Number one, would stock be available? Number two, would prices go out of hand? I think these are the two areas that we (looked at).

“Number one, now the stock is available, and I went to a few of my branches today - no queues for some, there were queues at some other branches, but very orderly. So I think rest assured, that stock is now in, and we need to prepare for a rainy day.

“I think going forward, we continue to source for more masks to come in. And the point about price - we cap it at S$2.25, which having done my checks, I am confident that amongst the retailers, this would be among the lowest, if not the lowest in town.

“Masks are not something you typically find in the supermarket. For essential food items, we are well prepared for that. So N95 masks are a new item for a supermarket chain. But going forward, this must now be part of our inventory, this must be part of our items."

- CNA/ms

Wishing

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NTUC brings in fresh stocks of N95 face masks

st_n95_2.jpg

Thursday, Jun 27, 2013
YourHealth, AsiaOne

SINGAPORE - NTUC FairPrice assured customers today that it is continuing to work closely with suppliers and MOH to bring in more stocks of face masks to meet customers' needs.

About 250,000 N95 face masks manufactured by Kimberly Clark and priced below $2 each will be available at all 115 FairPrice supermarkets, FairPrice Finest and FairPrice Xtra hypermarkets islandwide from Saturday onwards.

In fulfilling its social mission to moderate the cost of living, the face masks have been affordably priced to curb profiteering and to set benchmark prices, NTUC FairPrice said.

Last weekend, FairPrice saw its first shipment of close to 2 million face masks including 3M N95 face masks, 3-ply and 4-ply surgical face masks.

To ensure more households are able to obtain N95 face masks, FairPrice limited the purchase of N95 face masks to 10 pieces per person.

These limits on N95 face masks will continue to be in place at the stores, including the new consignment of N95 face masks by Kimberly Clark, the supermarket chain said.

For more information, the public may contact FairPrice through its customer hotline at 6552 2722 or through email at [email protected].

PWNED

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: How bad is the haze!!!! The haze is so bad.......................

Get PSI reading at a glance with phone app

20130629_HazeinSingapore.jpg

You can now access fresh PSI updates through a smartphone app called SG PSI without having to constantly refresh the National Environment Agency's (NEA) website. The SG PSI app is now available only for smartphones on the Android platform.

Saturday, Jun 29, 2013
The Straits Times
By Irene Tham

SINGAPORE - Some technologically savvy people have put their skills to good use by giving a little more clarity about the haze.

A team of developers has created a smartphone app called SG PSI, which tells users at one glance what the current Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) reading is. This saves people the hassle of having to constantly refresh the National Environment Agency's (NEA) website for updates.

SG PSI is available only for smartphones on the Android platform.

A version is being approved by Apple for iPhones.

"The information people want is buried too deep on the NEA website. There should be an app for us to easily monitor the haze," said Mr Cia Zhi Kai, 26, who created the app with three other Indonesians and a Vietnamese.

The five work for yet-to-beregistered local start-up Dashsell, which is creating a dashboard to help users manage the things they sell online.

SG PSI has garnered more than 30,000 downloads since it was released last Thursday.

The app draws information from NEA's website, which is updated hourly and provides an average of the most recent threehour PSI readings.

On the app, the PSI is displayed in a big font for easy viewing, while the background colour changes gradually from green to red to reflect air quality. Historical hourly PSI information for the past 24 hours is also displayed.

This feature is handy for many users like business development manager Heng Wai Keong, 38.

"You can have a better feel of whether the haze is getting better or worse," he said.

Another group is also making use of air quality information to create user-friendly content.

On VslashR.com, there is a data visualisation of PSI readings from last Monday in an interactive colour-coded chart. At a glance, users can tell which are the days with the highest or lowest readings, and zoom in for more detailed information.

"We want to answer questions like, 'Do we get more haze in the day or at night?' " said website co-founder Chan Chi-loong, 36.

The site also has similar charts showing Singapore's dengue clusters and the local population.