• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"The Hidden Fortress", the 1958 Japanese film that inspired "STAR WARS"

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://thepiratebay.mn/torrent/11658820

wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_Fortress#Influence

("George Lucas has acknowledged heavy influence of The Hidden Fortress on Star Wars, particularly in the technique of telling the story from the perspective of the film's lowliest characters, C-3PO and R2-D2. Lucas's original plot outline for Star Wars also had a strong resemblance to the plot of The Hidden Fortress, which would be reused for The Phantom Menace.")

I started this thread because I was inspired by the following post from another thread:
thats why you have star wars Jedi stuff which was modelled after Zen Buddhism. if you look closely even the clothes of the Jedi are Japanese in style. the light sabers are samurai swords. the jedi are like samrurais . the emperor is like the Japanese bad emperors. the force is the Japanese Ki or Chi. good and bad force needing balance is yin and yang. Yoda is like Zen masters in seclusion. even the names like Obiwan kenobi and Qui Gonn Jin sounds Japanese/Chinese. there are thousands of other clues that Star wars saga is actually Chan/Zen buddhism in disguise. "Awake the force within" is actually a Zen aphorism/exclamation if you have read the Zen koans.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Star Wars also borrowed a lot from Akira Kurosawa's Sanjuro and Yojimbo.

images

b70-8664

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ccb George Lucas is a fucking copycat. Dun use the word inspired.
If he was a tiong doing the same thing they would call him a copycat and sue his ass off.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Star Wars borrows a lot of great stuff from Yojimbo, including the cantina scene: several men threaten the hero, bragging how wanted they are by authorities. There's a flash of blade and suddenly an arm lies on the ground. Mifune is offered "25 ryo now, 25 when you complete the mission." (A ryo is a gold coin.) Jeremy Bulloch, the actor who played Boba Fett, said the character was based on Clint Eastwood's version of Kurosawa's The Man With No Name."

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/kurosawa.html

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once in a while you make sense. :smile:

I forgot my meds.
Actually many a times the japs have been called copycats with their reverse engineering....but overlooked their creativity. The 80s cantopop music scene for example......was 50% powered by Japanese covers.