• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Fear of Voting Opposition Still Around

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a relative who is working in one of the Stat Boards... Seems that their boss ask for a list of employees who are eligible to vote in this BE. Even though there is no other action since then, it seems like a "gentle" reminder to reminder all eligible voters who their paymasters are and to vote "wisely" with a unspoken threat behind all this.

This relative is not young and reluctantly hinted he will do what it takes to keep his job . I told him that votes are secret and that Political parties can only narrow down by precinct or X number of blocks who they voted for but not by individual households. But yet this elderly chap is still not convinced and replied - "better safe than sorry"

The older generation still have this fear within them that voting opposition is a crime and they will eventually be taken to task. Unlikely they will change a lifetime habit of fear but this is so sad and a lingering foul odour of our Singapore Political scene especially amongst the older voters who have been conditioned to think this way.

Thanks to the newer generation and internet, this old PAP "fear" tactic will die off as more of the older voters fade away into the big GRC in the sky ....

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from a relative who is working in one of the Stat Boards... Seems that their boss ask for a list of employees who are eligible to vote in this BE. Even though there is no other action since then, it seems like a "gentle" reminder to reminder all eligible voters who their paymasters are and to vote "wisely" with a unspoken threat behind all this.

This relative is not young and reluctantly hinted he will do what it takes to keep his job . I told him that votes are secret and that Political parties can only narrow down by precinct or X number of blocks who they voted for but not by individual households. But yet this elderly chap is still not convinced and replied - "better safe than sorry"

The older generation still have this fear within them that voting opposition is a crime and they will eventually be taken to task. Unlikely they will change a lifetime habit of fear but this is so sad and a lingering foul odour of our Singapore Political scene especially amongst the older voters who have been conditioned to think this way.

Thanks to the newer generation and internet, this old PAP "fear" tactic will die off as more of the older voters fade away into the big GRC in the sky ....

these old people are not only gutless...................they also short-sighted.................they may keep their jobs................for now.............

what about the future of their kids or grandkids ?

so not say i black heart lah....................but as more old folks pass away as time goes by, it's actually better for the political situation here................

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
the oldies may be becos they have lost the spine. but not the young one, they will have no fear to vote for opposition.:smile:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The children and grandchildren of the oldies will one day asked :Why have u not spoken up against the unjust policies of the PAP !!!???

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Know someone who used to be pro-Oppo changed tack and voted for the FAP after joining the civil service as he is 'grateful for the rise in his flat value and his children being able to attend Christmas parties organized by the CC'. We know this is just an excuse for his fear that the FAP may know he votes for.

MamaPundek

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these old mindset is still intact, many more generations will suffer.

End of the day, don't come KPKB about common daily issues.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simple hypothetical situation, simple solution.

[video=youtube;eS0FMe3dZG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS0FMe3dZG8[/video]

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If these old mindset is still intact, many more generations will suffer.

End of the day, don't come KPKB about common daily issues.

The unfortunate thing is that after close to half a century under the knuckle duster whacking by the Old Dud, many SGs have lost their ability to think and see beyond that daily bowl of coolie rice. The danger now is SG is being overrun by FTrash in the economy and they and their children are being squeezed out into the abyss of what could be an irreversible path of hardship and poverty.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the oldies may be becos they have lost the spine. but not the young one, they will have no fear to vote for opposition.:smile:

These young people's votes will be balanced out by the new immigrants that they convert to become sinkies....so PAP still wins.
Do not depend on others to vote out the pap for you....you have to do your part regardless of how the other guy votes. Get all your close ones on board to vote the pap out together. Everyone just do their part.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The unfortunate thing is that after close to half a century under the knuckle duster whacking by the Old Dud, many SGs have lost their ability to think and see beyond that daily bowl of coolie rice. The danger now is SG is being overrun by FTrash in the economy and they and their children are being squeezed out into the abyss of what could be an irreversible path of hardship and poverty.

We still need more FTs so that LTs will one day wake up and realised amass (hopefully weeks before a GE) that you are right.

realisation-demotivational-mouse-trap-funny-realisation-demotivational-poster-1259235513.jpg

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
These young people's votes will be balanced out by the new immigrants that they convert to become sinkies....so PAP still wins.
Do not depend on others to vote out the pap for you....you have to do your part regardless of how the other guy votes. Get all your close ones on board to vote the pap out together. Everyone just do their part.

The foreigners are no guarantee of support in the mid term for FAP. They are opportunists in the first place and will vote for who they think can best serve their personal needs. If FAP reject their family's PR applications or put up more restrictions for their PR friends to suck the system, they can just pack up and go to the next country.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most intimidating thing at the polling station is this.

They read out loud your NRIC, the voter suddenly turn around and see if there is someone behind.

So many balless singaporeans. This happens in male singaporeans than women. Why so scared? Just vote and exercise your right as citizens.

I just ticked on non pap candidate because I have already made up my mind before I attended the polling station.

No amount of xiao dong zhuo is going to change my mind.

Nothing much really happend to me after that. LOL!

Stop being a coward and start being a man.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is for the polling officer to tell the parties' polling agents (seated behind the voters) who are voting, not who they are voting for. But it is mainly for the PAPzi polling agents who have electoral rolls which they have to strike off once the voters have registered. The opposition agents tend not to have the money nor see the need to get these rolls.

I know because I was an opposition polling agent at the last GE.

The most intimidating at the polling station is this.

They read out loud your NRIC, the voter suddenly turn around and see if there is a camera behind.

So many balless singaporeans. This happens in male singaporeans than woman. Why so scared? Just vote and exercise your right as citizens.

I just ticked on non pap candidate because I have already made up my mind before I attended the polling station.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is for the polling officer to tell the parties' polling agents (seated behind the voters) who are voting, not who they are voting for. But it is mainly for the PAPzi polling agents who have electoral rolls which they have to strike off once the voters have registered. The opposition agents tend not to have the money nor see the need to get these rolls.

I know because I was an opposition polling agent at the last GE.

But I noticed that the same number is assigned every election, every one on the household too, don't they have randomly run numbers?? Anyway, I don't care...I just know who to put the "x" to..

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
these old people are not only gutless...................they also short-sighted.................they may keep their jobs................for now.............

what about the future of their kids or grandkids ?

so not say i black heart lah....................but as more old folks pass away as time goes by, it's actually better for the political situation here................

I had been voting opposition since day 1. Nothing happen. Of course I am a nobody.