• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The "Cheong Wing Lee" Story

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61B2B020100212

Vancouver, Toronto & Calgary are among the top 5.

Anti-Olympic protesters clash with police in Vancouver

VANCOUVER — Anti-Olympic protesters clashed with police in Vancouver on Saturday, as the demonstrators smashed windows and spray-painted cars and buses.

That is an anti-poverty protests, sometimes things are not what they appear to be. It may be the Top 5 but deep down inside, poverty reeks. Landed properties in Vancouver costs on average $1 million or more. That is as expensive as Singapore. What you get is political freedom, though :biggrin:

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
How true when you said things are not what they appears to be. Today's
cbc news, one of the protesters arrested is an American. American protesting poverty in Vancouver when it is not their money being spend on the games??? Those protesters are just an bunch of anarchists.

That is an anti-poverty protests, sometimes things are not what they appear to be. It may be the Top 5 but deep down inside, poverty reeks. Landed properties in Vancouver costs on average $1 million or more. That is as expensive as Singapore. What you get is political freedom, though :biggrin:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the price Cheong Wing Lee has to pay:

• Megaquake to strike Vancouver any time

• Average home price in Vancouver $582,000

• Average detached home price in Vancouver $963,000

• Average condo price in Vancouver $353,000

4411344366_5fded97fb4_o.jpg

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world in terms of land mass; population is only about 33 million. Vancouver is not Canada and Canada is
not Vancouver either. You have so many cities to choose to live in.

MIW propaganda bridgade is in overdrive mode. To get a balanced perspective on Canada, see below link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php

Britons and Aussies are heading to Canada. There was a Aussie chap(a buisnessman), after having stayed in OZ for 22 years, decided to emigrate to
Canada.

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world in terms of land mass; population is only about 33 million. Vancouver is not Canada and Canada is

Quite true but Vancouver is the only city that has warmer climate, the rest of Canada is not just cold, but biting cold.

Cold that penetrate to the bones. I'm not kidding, visit Canada in the winter and you know what cold means.

Britons and Aussies are heading to Canada. There was a Aussie chap(a buisnessman), after having stayed in OZ for 22 years, decided to emigrate to Canada.

On the same token, many Canadians are leaving for Australia and the United States for warmer climates and most important the sun.

People in Singapore probably don't know the value of the sun, but when you are in a frozen land mass, the sun means a great deal, that is why Canadians are going to Australia, California or Florida.

Generally, Canada and Australia are about the same, both has it's pros and cons. The best country is still the USA. You won't go wrong going to the States :biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true but Vancouver is the only city that has warmer climate, the rest of Canada is not just cold, but biting cold.

Cold that penetrate to the bones. I'm not kidding, visit Canada in the winter and you know what cold means.

On the same token, many Canadians are leaving for Australia and the United States for warmer climates and most important the sun.

People in Singapore probably don't know the value of the sun, but when you are in a frozen land mass, the sun means a great deal, that is why Canadians are going to Australia, California or Florida.

Generally, Canada and Australia are about the same, both has it's pros and cons. The best country is still the USA. You won't go wrong going to the States :biggrin:

i concur.....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Britons and Aussies are heading to Canada. There was a Aussie chap(a buisnessman), after having stayed in OZ for 22 years, decided to emigrate to
Canada.

Same. I know of Canadians and Americans coming over to Australia.
It is quite common for these people to move around.

This American I know is trying to understand the local terms like the use of the word "reckoning". The other day, he was checking on home wireless networks and trying to know routers. I am using Billion brand and he never heard of it and ask me if it is good.

We are facing a shortage of workers in WA and I am trying to make sure my investment projects completes before the resources sector take away my workers!!!

Last edited:

AngKuKuih

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All

When we did our landing in Perth about 2 years ago, we visited a farm. We spoke to the owner and he spoke with an American accent. I found out later that Americans are coming over here to Australia.
Australia is as big as the USA but with a population of only one tenth of USA. From my perspective, Australia is going through a transformation that has not been seen before. When I was a student in Melbourne 25 years ago, the population was only about 13 million and 25 years later, it is 21 million. Before, when you walk in the Melbourne city, as an Asian, one would be a rare species. But now they are everywhere. What a big change. With China developing so fast and follow suit by India, suddenly, Australia becomes the centre of the world for raw materials i,e, coal, iron ore, uranium, LNG etc.......

Usually when there is demand for the upstream raw material, a country will be economically sustainable for 20 - 30 years. In the case of Australia, I think the economy will be in an upward trend for the next 30 - 50 years and this will transform Australia in the coming years. All who have migrated to Australia will ride on this economic growth and benefit along with this. Of course, there will be some bumps along the way.

So any sinkies who are wanting to migrate, this will be a good time. Think no further, be brave and take the plunge...... NO RISK NO RETURN. I migrated when I was 45. This figure (45 years old) was the tipping point. As one reaches that age, the system in Singapore makes you feel vulnerable....... When a retrenchment exercise is on the card, this age group will be the first crop designated for the retrenchment. You just feel like a can of food on the supermarket shelf with a used by (expiry) date.

My family and I came here in 2008 and have settled in confortably in Melbourne. I am now working with the government and enjoys a 8 - 5 job with a day off every fortnight. No stress and lots of quality time with my children and wife...... My kids and wife are all happy.....

Regards
Angkukuih
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have lived in Canada for 4 years. I love the winter and winter sports. I love the four seasons; winter, spring, summer & fall.

USA is going to implode any minute now. Wealthy and well-informed Americans are heading out, and you're heading in. Like a fireman running
into a house on fire.

Don't procrastinate anymore. Canadian point-system immigration is still
easy. And get your CPF money out while it's still possible.

AngKuKuih

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Hock on the CPF money. Take out your money before the GIC uses it to invest in loss making investment, like Standard Chartered, ABC Learning, loss making banks during the GFC etc....... Take you money out before it is squandered away... I took out mine when I left.....
Sinkies think that the PAP Government is doing a good job. Good luck to them../.......

AngKuKuih

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vast majority of the people live along the Canada-US border. The rest of the country is unsuitable for human habitat esp immigrants from warm climate countries
Goto canadavisa for a balance perspective???? Are you living in fantasy island??? Get a balance perspective from a site where people want to come to the country??? Have you tried sites where people already in the country Examples
notcanada.com....you may want to say the forum site is populated by the same few malcontents with an axe to grind
canadaimmigrants.com...in my opinion, the forum is one of the better ones

MIW propaganda bridgade is in overdrive mode. To get a balanced perspective on Canada, see below link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php

Canada.

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cold that penetrate to the bones.Only in places with high humidity. Area with low humidity, esp the prairie, one gets a 'burning' sensation on the skin when the temp drops.

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were a student back then . Big difference between a student and a soon to be taxpayer
You love the winter, and winter sports. Could it be a novelty?Most immigrants from warm climate countries will rather stay indoor. You love the 4 seasons. Better pray and hope none of your family have allergies. When the snow melts, snow mould appears for a few weeks. Late spring, grass pollens. Early summer, tree pollens. During fall, oh boy...I am sure you heard of the term hay fever. For those suffering from allergies, Canada can be hell.

Canada point system immigration is rubbish. Only fools believe in the point system. A few months ago, a columnist wrote what most people already knew and she quote a former immigration officer. 80% of the immigrants that Canada accepted annually are low skill /unskill ones. ...refugees, failed refugee claimants who won on appeal, family reunifications, marriages etc.And people laugh at Singapore quality of FTs??

I have lived in Canada for 4 years. I love the winter and winter sports. I love the four seasons; winter, spring, summer & fall.

USA is going to implode any minute now. Wealthy and well-informed Americans are heading out, and you're heading in. Like a fireman running
into a house on fire.

Don't procrastinate anymore. Canadian point-system immigration is still
easy. And get your CPF money out while it's still possible.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vast majority of the people live along the Canada-US border. The rest of the country is unsuitable for human habitat esp immigrants from warm climate countries
Goto canadavisa for a balance perspective???? Are you living in fantasy island??? Get a balance perspective from a site where people want to come to the country??? Have you tried sites where people already in the country Examples
notcanada.com....you may want to say the forum site is populated by the same few malcontents with an axe to grind
canadaimmigrants.com...in my opinion, the forum is one of the better ones

Canadavisa.com have both negative and postive posts. There are complaints as well as kudos. It seems like your mind can only registered the positive posts.

Notcanada.com are for losers - those who can't make in Canada; or anywhere else.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notcanada.com are for losers - those who can't make in Canada; or anywhere else.

Actually, Canada is for losers or second grade people, the best and brightest go to countries like USA.

That's why it's so easy to immigrate to Canada :biggrin:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were a student back then . Big difference between a student and a soon to be taxpayer
You love the winter, and winter sports. Could it be a novelty?Most immigrants from warm climate countries will rather stay indoor. You love the 4 seasons. Better pray and hope none of your family have allergies. When the snow melts, snow mould appears for a few weeks. Late spring, grass pollens. Early summer, tree pollens. During fall, oh boy...I am sure you heard of the term hay fever. For those suffering from allergies, Canada can be hell.

Canada point system immigration is rubbish. Only fools believe in the point system. A few months ago, a columnist wrote what most people already knew and she quote a former immigration officer. 80% of the immigrants that Canada accepted annually are low skill /unskill ones. ...refugees, failed refugee claimants who won on appeal, family reunifications, marriages etc.And people laugh at Singapore quality of FTs??

You sound like you are only fit to stay in the Singapore General Hospital.:biggrin:
Refugees are only a small % of the new arrivals. Majority are under skilled and business. 80% unskilled, refugees,....? :biggrin::biggrin: You thought Canada is like Singapore; legs open up wide wide, like Geylang prostitutes, anyone can enter.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check this out before you get "Cheong Wing Lee"!

http://www.notcanada.com/

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/r76hfkX1Lg4&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>​

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, Canada is for losers or second grade people, the best and brightest go to countries like USA.

That's why it's so easy to immigrate to Canada :biggrin:

Already said, USA is like a house on fire. You - another fireman(firewoman)
running into the house.

For loser or not, that is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Better than a stuckist in Sinkapore.

The window of opportunity to immigrate to Canada is closing fast -
the rules are changing. Quick leg ,quick hand, get the application form,
fill it up and submit immediately.

Better get your CPF money while you can, and while it is still there.:biggrin:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The window of opportunity to immigrate to Canada is closing fast -
the rules are changing. Quick leg ,quick hand, get the application form,
fill it up and submit immediately.

Canada has for centuries accepted immigrants and will continue to do so for many more centuries, don't get con by this window Hock :biggrin:.

Why? Because Canadians are going south to USA or countries with sun while Hock fellow think the rest of the world is on fire :p

Yes, quit Singapore but apply to USA, Australia or New Zealand.