• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Chen Show Mao Affair?

jw5

Loyal
CSM has turned out very well, so let's put this issue to rest. I still agree that CSM could have been more forthright about the NS issue instead of painting himself as volunteer, which of course, no one volunteers for NS.

LOL. You cunning idiot.
When CSM decided to serve NS, he was still a PR, that means he had the choice to serve NS and keep his PR or not serve and lose it.
He chose to serve and kept his PR status.
He did not have to undergo conscription and serve compulsory military service like a Singaporean young man.
It was only a few years after he served his NS that he took up citizenship.
You understand the difference now idiot, or have you been cunning and manipulative all along like your master?
More likely the latter.
You want to discuss why he took up citizenship as well? LOL.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chen show mao and PNG eng huat have done well. They have proven their mettle and become icons of WP. That's what really matters, not our personal petty opinions

jw5

Loyal
those who oppose WP r PAP dogs. period. :oIo:

These are not as bad as those who pretend to oppose PAP, but will say negative things about opposition just before GE to try and sabotage their campaign.

jw5

Loyal
Some people are so cunning, takes little irrelevant jabs at the establishment all year round, but occasionally, tries to sabotage the opposition in order to get back into the good books of the establishment.

And he has his little ka kia to help him whenever he does that too!

This is how the wannabe elites with establishment mentality bully ordinary folk. Don't let yourself be manipulated and conned.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people are so cunning, takes little irrelevant jabs at the establishment all year round, but occasionally, tries to sabotage the opposition in order to get back into the good books of the establishment.

And he has his little ka kia to help him whenever he does that too!

This is how the wannabe elites with establishment mentality bully ordinary folk. Don't let yourself be manipulated and conned.

Pretended to side with wp when AIMGATE forst surfaced, now warns wp to be careful about cronysim.

Either he's clueless about the facts from the start like us commoners (tau kang bullshitter), or he is like you say he is (snake). Not to be trusted, either way.

jw5

Loyal
Pretended to side with wp when AIMGATE forst surfaced, now warns wp to be careful about cronysim.

Either he's clueless about the facts from the start like us commoners (tau kang bullshitter), or he is like you say he is (snake). Not to be trusted, either way.

Read post #19 written by his real life snake kakia.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lockeliberal,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Scroobal here. CSM has not been forthright with the entire truth. He has been selective and as a result, misleading. I do not like to see opposition candidates getting away with this just because they are opposition. If CSM had been a PAP candidate we would all have jumped on his "citizenship for scholarship" point and grilled him till charcoal black.
hahaha....you are really an idiot for saying this...
if u want to practise double standard (which we all know u had been doing)......don't tell the whole world lah.....truely retarded.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you kpkb for shit!

Doing NS when a country or region is not under threat, like during Vietnam threating to move down to Thailand, is nothing.

Back in the '70s and '80s did you see anyone PRs join SAF? I only see rich and wealthy elites aka LKY gang apply for PR to Australia taking the first flight out of Sinkieland if Viet move down to Thailand?

Did you know that SAF war plans and exercises were using Vietname-Thai border map. Winston Choo can shed more lights on this matter?

Only no where to go poor native Sinkies males were conscripted and bullied for NS by this farker old fart criminal lawyer turned tyrant and nasty politician.

When the region is having a peaceful time don't fuck shit talk cock sing song here on NS issue.

Tell me more when this region is unstable and preparing for war and see if PRs will join SAF to defend this region?

You have for some reason associated doing NS with loyalty to this country. There are many people who have done NS but have refused to take citizenship. In your mind which is you think is indicates a desire to be associated with a country.

Not people are not aware that there is no such thing as volunteer NS.

There was a consequence and he had to do it rather than face the consequence. He is not the only one. There are many other nationalities such as americans, norwegians, finnish etc who have done their NS to retain their PR status or would like to work here.

Years ago, I was on an interview panel and interestingly an ACS alumnus hinted why he felt for Singapore by mentioning that he voluntered for NS. I asked him what was the consequence if he did not volunteer for NS. Not only his jaw dropped but those of 3 other interview panel members. He then admitted that he did it to retain his PR and to be with his mum and dad. After the conclusion of the interview sessions, all three members asked me to fill them in. I told them that NS is a not charity and why would someone not take up citizenship yet do NS. When I told them that someone who is not eligibile for citizenship cannot do NS even if he paid the Govt, it then made sense. Mind you the 3 were senior civil servants and they too had no clue.

Here is another tale. Over the decades there have been ex-PRs in their 20s and 30s requesting to take up option of doing NS to regain their PR or to take up citizenship. The desire to move back and in some cases to eventually take up better career propects are just too strong. As a rule it is a straight rejection. There is no re-offers.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is correct. 50 years of no freedom of speech and information really pissed Sinkies and LKY destroyed 2 generations of Sinkies and we are fighting back this tyrant and nasty LKY.

Sinkies are known as souless people and finally waking up to find their soul.

SBF taught me one thing: be focused! vote the PAP out!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
SBF taught me one thing: be focused! vote the PAP out!

If you vote them out who is going to run the country?

It's all very well to get rid of someone you don't like but rational people have to work out what will happen as a result before they rush headlong into unknown territory.

Just look at Egypt, Libya and Iraq and you'll realise that change isn't always for the better and that things can actually get a lot worse.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's all very well to get rid of someone you don't like but rational people have to work out what will happen as a result before they rush headlong into unknown territory.

Just look at Egypt, Libya and Iraq and you'll realise that change isn't always for the better and that things can actually get a lot worse.

Exactly said.. That goes to show that LTK or CSM indeed hv no aspirations to be PM and to take on the current PM by its horns. So, tell ourselves; what are they there for?? Run TC n Santa Claus duties etc.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly said.. That goes to show that LTK or CSM indeed hv no aspirations to be PM and to take on the current PM by its horns. So, tell ourselves; what are they there for?? Run TC n Santa Claus duties etc.

I don't think Sam was saying that LTK or CSM lacked aspiration, but it's really your own point you want to make.

Basically, no one can tell if a person really has aspiration to be PM. You are the first I've come across who can read minds.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wasn't in this forum when this was posted so here's my take:

While it may be true that a PR was not qualified for local scholarships until 1991, to say that Chen served NS for the sake of a Rhodes scholarship is rather far fetched. Before receiving Rhodes scholarship, Chen was already awarded several overseas scholarships including one from Harvard.

The Rhodes scholarship is prestigious but is it that important to serve NS solely for the sake of it? Not too sure. The Rhodes scholarship is a UK (Oxford) scholarship. Candidates are selected by a local Rhodes Scholarship committee that excludes non-citizens, but there are other ways to get it.

Chen came to Singapore at the age of 11 and it is unlikely that settling in Singapore was a decision he made, but a decision by his parents.

Another thing is, to serve NS is one thing, to become an officer is another. If he simply wanted a scholarship, he could have done the bare minimum and ROD as a corporal.

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Sam was saying that LTK or CSM lacked aspiration, but it's really your own point you want to make.

Basically, no one can tell if a person really has aspiration to be PM. You are the first I've come across who can read minds.

LTK n CSM simply n clearly shows no signs nor interest to the PM's throne. Show me an example that they did? Simply a walkover; no clear daring challenge.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aspiration does not necessarily mean you want to get the PM's chair immediately. That's not just unrealistic but also stupid. LTK and Sylvia are streetsmart enough to understand that.

Whether WP's approach of gradualism serves Singaporeans best is open to debate. The fact however remains they have won -- and held -- seats in parliament, whilst the rest have either not won, or have won and then lost. So we must trust their stance of gradualism and not asking too much from the electorate at one go is the best one at the moment.

When buck tooth won punggol east, LTK was quick to assure voters they were not going for govt. That's how strategic the game has to be played. Haste in the local context is a huge negative and must be dispelled at all cost.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The leaders of Egypt, Libya ... were removed after violence has erupted, not through votes. Therefore their scenarios are not applicable to that of voting out a govt. in a democratic manner.

Their mistake is to think that they are indispensable. They passed TC to the MP thinking that people will suffer if opp takes over the estate as only they have the expertise and resources to manage an estate. Therefore, with the estate in bad shape, the people will abandon the opposition in the subsequent election. They were dead wrong. In fact the opp are doing a better job.

In the event of a freak result where govt is changed, rest assured, life goes on because the civil service machinery is still there. They will suck up to their new masters and advise them just like before. Only difference is on how gullible the new govt is in accepting and believing the words from the civil service. The other area is in setting new direction. I am sure the system can go on auto-mode for another 4 years till the next GE. During that period, the opp may be able to attract more credible individuals and lives happily ever after :smile:

Last edited: