• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"The CEO came over, but I ran out. I didn’t want him to see me cry."

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Getting Fired At 29 Was The Best Thing To Happen To Me

1602316036717.png

On a Thursday morning, I went into work, expecting it to be a day like every other. But I was back home by 11am. That morning, I didn’t think anything of it as the team sat in silence during my presentation. I was unaware of my colleague shuffling uncomfortably next to me. My manager then arrived and asked me for a quick chat. I was excited. I’d recently voiced some issues and I thought I was going to be told I’d been heard. I was told that yes, I’d been heard, but that it was me who’d have to go.

Getting fired isn’t like what you see on The Apprentice. No one shouts “you’re fired” at you. In my case, the f word was never used. But we both knew what this was. I was told that my contract, which was coming to an end in a couple of months, wasn’t going to be renewed. But until that moment, I was under the impression that I’d be staying at the company. I was in charge of brand and marketing for an early-stage technology product and the presentation I gave that morning was the launch plan for the following year. It was a plan I thought I’d be executing.

Getting fired isn’t like what you see on The Apprentice. No one shouts ‘you’re fired’.
I have resisted inventing a tidy narrative of why it happened, tying up the loose ends and absolving myself of any responsibility. Life isn’t like that, it’s always messy. After my manager told me they were letting me go, everything was a bit of a blur. I recall that I was told not to blame the company’s culture. I was repeatedly told that this wasn’t about my performance – this was about me. They said I was obviously miserable and this was the best thing for me.

I wasn’t happy. It was true. But I’d wanted to make it work and I hadn’t considered quitting. I was naive about what I had the power to change. Half the team were located elsewhere and there were communication difficulties. Along the way, I’d lost the respect and the trust of that team. I was feeling lost in my personal life, my mental health was suffering and I wasn’t handling the challenges well.

I maintained my poise. “Thank you,” I said. “It was a shame it turned out like this but I understand, and – could I go home now, please?”

I walked back into our tiny office and quietly packed up my things. The CEO came over, but I ran out. I didn’t want him to see me cry. I walked out of the building as fast as I could, and once I was outside, I burst into tears.

https://sg.yahoo.com/style/getting-fired-29-best-thing-060000813.html

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tsk tsk tsk look at you vicious Malaysian Indian dog son of chicken starting all these threads twisting everything. Nope I didn’t cry then or now about being fired. You and your mistress kt latha obviously think too highly of yourself.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
These ang mohs har. Get re trench also can talk until so drama mama. Just crack open a cold one and go to bed early lah. :cautious:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tsk tsk tsk look at you vicious Malaysian Indian dog son of chicken starting all these threads twisting everything. Nope I didn’t cry then or now about being fired. You and your mistress kt latha obviously think too highly of yourself.
LU ITCHY JIBYE GOT FIRED FOR UNSUCCESSFUL COCK SUCKING ATTEMPTS :biggrin: SHIOK KNN YOUR COLLEAGUES ALL THINK GAN SHIOK BIN WE ALL SHIOK SHIOK :laugh:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
LU ITCHY JIBYE GOT FIRED FOR UNSUCCESSFUL COCK SUCKING ATTEMPTS :biggrin: SHIOK KNN YOUR COLLEAGUES ALL THINK GAN SHIOK BIN WE ALL SHIOK SHIOK :laugh:
You anonymous coward vicious Cantonese dog son of chicken repeating lies again when the truth is I was fired for nothing by LJ mccully endorsing sexual harassment. The two of them kt latha and LJ Mccully should be fired instead.