• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The blind woman who made PM choke back tears

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure Ms Yeo is as u described - a very strong women with positive tenacity and can-do spirit. She indeed is admirable for having achieved so much despite her handicap and ought to looked upon for so willingly helping us.

And the brothers here at this forum is not taking any credit from her or not according her the due respect. What they are pointing out is how she is being used by the PAP to serve their political ends. And to the forumers, nothing is more despicable than using someone like Ms Yeo for such a political purpose. What they are saying is that Pinky should instead be talking about the woes and plights of ordinary people who are not as gifted as Ms Yeo and therefore no way they can achieve anything like that or anything near that. Why highlight an exception instead of normal people who are facing difficulties every day of their lives? Pinky should be shedding tears for these people and not someone who is exceptionally gifted and have lots of support both financial and emotional from her family. Many people are totally on their own and help can only come from the govt.

So u see how disconnected the PAP is from the people.

This is standard SOP (Std Operating Procedure) to use cases like these to illustrate points...from the blind Dr, to ITE students, to cleaning aunties and what nots. So much so that although I admire these people for the adversities they have gone through to triumph, my heart harden when I see them being used for political purposes...mainly to support the PAP policies.