• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The best time in Singapore...

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are given a choice to choose the period where you will live in Singapore, what would it be? The 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or even later...

I would choose the 80s. I think many of us were happier then.

The country less crowded, people were nicer, different race play, work and eat together.

Life was simpler and that is why many want more kids but can't because of stupid child policy.

Best time: 1975 to 1985.

Really rock & roll. Women were all real knockouts. Rich men would stop by at coffee shop in the morning and be bowled over by the kopi girl serving them. Kopi girl get set up in a River Valley road condo the very same day--- kena "pau" by the rich man.

Standards have really gone down in Singapore. What was a C- Borderline girl in those days can be Miss Singapore today. If not for China women, all the Singapore men will turn monk, become celibate, or become gay.

I was not a "player" then as i was only a schoolboy. But i loved to watch!!!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best time: 1975 to 1985.

Really rock & roll. Women were all real knockouts. Rich men would stop by at coffee shop in the morning and be bowled over by the kopi girl serving them. Kopi girl get set up in a River Valley road condo the very same day--- kena "pau" by the rich man.

Standards have really gone down in Singapore. What was a C- Borderline girl in those days can be Miss Singapore today. If not for China women, all the Singapore men will turn monk, become celibate, or become gay.

I was not a "player" then as i was only a schoolboy. But i loved to watch!!!!!:biggrin:

Agree, that is why the best national day songs were from that Era when the National spirit was at its strongest and then downhill from there, even the government recognizes it and has stopped churning out national day songs now. The spirit of Singapore is dead.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every time i return to sg, it gets better. kudos to the pap for constantly improving the quality of life (for visitors, fuck the locals) year after year. :p