• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The beginnings of The Online Citizen

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The name was conjured at Glenda Han’s pub in Boat Quay. I believe that pub was called The Camel (in French). That was where my friends in the WP and I would hang out. (This was in 2006, when I was a WP member.) I had 2 names on the shortlist, after weeks of throwing up various alternatives. The other option was Ground-up.

In the end I chose The Online Citizen because of how the government (yes, even then) were trying to discredit the online community, with the media painting us critics as unpatriotic.

So I chose “online citizen” as a rebuttal to that – that even though we may be online, we were still citizens of Singapore, with our rights to speak.

More at https://cutt.Iy/wEi3T30

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So I chose “online citizen” as a rebuttal to that – that even though we may be online, we were still citizens of Singapore, with our rights to speak.

Hardly. There is nothing similar to the First Amendment in Sinkieland. It's a totalitarian shithole.

Look at your mainstream media. Pages and pages of propaganda filth for gaslighting the readers. :cool:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No need history talk, just go get another server and set it up where u have ended and continue from there.

As long as he's in Singapore his hands are tied. To keep the site going he has to run it from beyond Singapore' shores and be prepared to come up with a variety of ways of keeping the site going despite being blocked on a regular basis.