• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Beginning Of The End For WP Will Start On Friday Oct 5! Sayonara, WP!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After a few decades of voting for losing side and had never taste winning before, and now near retirement, I have already given up on politics in Singapore. I realise that it's pointless trying to talk to daft Song Bo 70%. No amount of talking can change their daftness and love to be PAP's sheeps, fed fat and will be slaughtered one day. I have learnt to Let It Be and live my own life peacefully and come to Sammyboy Forum to have fun. :biggrin:

I share the same sentiments with you, after the last election, I have totally given up. We may look down, criticise or even compare the Malaysians with us. Their last elections shows that they are pragmatic people, willing to take their risks in their future & their offsprings seriously, change a government, that is tried & had been rotten since Merdeka. We have a leader here, who would shamelessly wanted to compare with the 'old fox'; it stank worst that the lembu shits!.

In order for a momentous changes for the people here, it will be an economical or even a natural disaster to wake them, nothing else will. I will just live my lives as peaceful as can be...& bother less, if my fellow, Singaporeans live or die with the PAP. But I will help to promote the voting for the PAP, they are THE BEST. THEY ARE YOUR PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. VOTE FOR THE PAP, remove all oppositions, they are vile, evil & dishonest.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I share the same sentiments with you, after the last election, I have totally given up. We may look down, criticise or even compare the Malaysians with us. Their last elections shows that they are pragmatic people, willing to take their risks in their future & their offsprings seriously, change a government, that is tried & had been rotten since Merdeka. We have a leader here, who would shamelessly wanted to compare with the 'old fox'; it stank worst that the lembu shits!.

In order for a momentous changes for the people here, it will be an economical or even a natural disaster to wake them, nothing else will. I will just live my lives as peaceful as can be...& bother less, if my fellow, Singaporeans live or die with the PAP. But I will help to promote the voting for the PAP, they are THE BEST. THEY ARE YOUR PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. VOTE FOR THE PAP, remove all oppositions, they are vile, evil & dishonest.
Yep, make enuff to live till you die and let this country rot. Life is short, don't waste your time. Have fun when you still can walk, swim and run. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep, make enuff to live till you die and let this country rot. Life is short, don't waste your time. Have fun when you still can walk, swim and run. :biggrin:

This what I am doing...I have joined the I have "no eyes to see" club & is campaigning for the next election with predictable results...VOTE FOR THE PAP, THEY ARE THE BEST & the tagline ' THEY ARE YOUR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE. CROSS THAT BOX..

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_3337.GIF

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Their last elections shows that they are pragmatic people, willing to take their risks in their future & their offsprings seriously, change a government, that is tried & had been rotten since Merdeka.

Since merdeka, the sing dollar has risen steadily against the ringgit, ruppiah and nearly every asiatic currency, including the yen. Years ago, a holiday trip to japan would be considered extravagant. Today, young sinkies are taking cheap holidays to places from jiuhu to jippun.

So why would sinkies vote out the PAP if under the PAP, singapore's economy continues to grow and remained resilient to all sorts of financial meltdowns?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Since merdeka, the sing dollar has risen steadily against the ringgit, ruppiah and nearly every asiatic currency, including the yen. Years ago, a holiday trip to japan would be considered extravagant. Today, young sinkies are taking cheap holidays to places from jiuhu to jippun.

So why would sinkies vote out the PAP if under the PAP, singapore's economy continues to grow and remained resilient to all sorts of financial meltdowns?
Sounds legit. OK I am converted. I shall reject All Opposition at the ballot paper by putting a BIG "X" on the Opposition Candidate Box. Thank-you for your enlightenment! :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Majulah PAP! Majulah Singapura!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessary a bad thing since it gives WP the platform to clarify it stance and explain the situation. Notice the eerily silence from pap camp on the lawsuit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kudos to the MPs of PRPTC for standing up for sinkies and doing the right thing. Take the crooked oppies to court and get us our money back!!!

btahtc20181010.jpg

SINGAPORE - A high-profile trial against three Workers' Party MPs began on Friday (Oct 5).

WP secretary-general Pritam Singh, chairman Sylvia Lim and former chief Low Thia Khiang arrived at the Supreme Court at about 9.45am.

WP MPs Leon Perera, Dennis Tan, Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap and Png Eng Huat were spotted in the public gallery.

The Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) is suing Mr Singh, Ms Lim and Mr Low, plus two of its town councillors, over $33.7 million in payments the town council made from July 15, 2011, to July 14, 2015.

The lawsuit, initiated by AHTC under the direction of an independent panel, alleges that the payments to its former managing agent and service provider were improper and void, as the three Aljunied GRC MPs had acted in breach of their fiduciary duties.

Mr Low and Ms Lim have been asked to account for the sum and to repay any money paid out wrongfully. Also named in that suit are the former managing agent FM Solutions and Services (FMSS), and the firm's owner, Ms How Weng Fan.

The suit also claims Ms Lim, Mr Singh and town councillors Chua Zhi Hon and Kenneth Foo had breached the Town Councils Financial Rules by failing to call a tender for each project and not accepting the lowest bid for seven projects - thereby costing AHTC an extra $2,794,560.

The defendants also face a suit from the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC), which manages the affairs of single-seat Punggol East.

The WP had managed Punggol East from 2013 to 2015 after winning the constituency in a by-election. But in the 2015 general election, the constituency came under the control of the People's Action Party again.

PRPTC alleges the decisions made by the town councillors had caused it to suffer "loss and damage", and is claiming equitable compensation.

The case is the latest turn in an ongoing saga that goes back to 2011.

AHTC had been unable to submit an unqualified set of accounts since the opposition party formed the town council in 2011, after winning Aljunied GRC in the general election that year.

The state of affairs eventually led to a special audit by the Auditor-General's Office, which found significant lapses of governance at the town council.

The town council was then directed by the Court of Appeal to appoint a Big Four accounting firm to help fix its lapses and ensure compliance with the law. It eventually appointed independent auditor KPMG in 2016 to look into its books.

Following an audit, KPMG found the governance failures at AHTC had put public funds running into millions of dollars at risk of improper use.

The town council then appointed an independent panel to look into the improper payments and take follow-up action, including recovering the money. The panel comprises senior counsel Philip Jeyaretnam, senior counsel N. Sreenivasan and KPMG managing partner Ong Pang Thye.

The trial for the lawsuits will see (from left) WP chairman Sylvia Lim, former WP chief Low Thia Khiang and current leader Pritam Singh take the stand.

Observers are watching the suit closely for the legal and political implications the verdict may have.

In what some have called a "landmark case", the courts will have to rule on whether town councillors owe a fiduciary duty to their town councils because such a relationship between town councillors and town councils is not spelt out in the Town Councils Act.

If the defendants are found liable, they have to compensate AHTC.

If they cannot pay up, they risk being declared bankrupt and having their assets seized. MPs who are made bankrupt will also lose their parliamentary seats.

The trial is likely to see KPMG's forensics partner Owen Hawkes and PwC partner Goh Thien Phong take the stand first.

Both men belong to firms tasked to examine AHTC's accounts.

The WP MPs and town councillors are represented by Tan Rajah & Cheah, with Mr Chelva Retnam Rajah as lead counsel.

The independent AHTC panel is represented by a team from Shook Lin & Bok led by lawyer David Chan, while PRPTC is represented by Drew & Napier, and FMSS is represented by Netto & Magin.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/trial-for-lawsuits-against-workers-party-mps-to-start-today

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When PAP is in power, everyone becomes a crook. Let's see what happen when PAP lost power, I am sure the Jinx & husband will immediately book an overnight flight out of Singapore on first sign that the votes is not in PAP favour. This happens in Najib regime.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry that.pinky will ensure they remain in parleement. She does not want ah Tean n ah bock n ah chee to get in as MP or ncmp..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With chief oppie killer Davinder bayi leading the charge, WP key oppies are likely to be bankrupted and jailed.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The oppie bankruptor is here! All oppies piss their pants whenever they see him! Guess who!

SINGAPORE - When Workers' Party chairman Sylvia Lim and then chief Low Thia Khiang were elected as MPs for Aljunied GRC in 2011, the existing managing agent of the Aljunied town council still had two more years left on its contract.

But instead of continuing with the services of CPG Facilities Management, Ms Lim and Mr Low decided to appoint a newly set-up company to manage the town council affairs for both Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC.

The new managing agent, FM Solutions & Services, or FMSS, was to be run by long-time WP supporters, the late Danny Loh Chong Meng and his wife, Ms How Weng Fan.

The circumstances in which FMSS was appointed resulted in the creation of a system whereby "controls were abdicated and checks and balances were thrown to the wind", said Senior Counsel Davinder Singh on Friday (Oct 5), on the first day of a trial against three WP MPs and two town councillors.

The case involves over $33.7 million in payments the town council made from July 15, 2011, to July 14, 2015 to FMSS and service provider FM Solutions and Integrated Services (FMSI), which Mr Low and Ms Lim have been asked to account for and to repay any money paid out wrongfully.

The lawsuit, which is initiated by Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) under the direction of an independent panel, alleges that the payments to its former managing agent and service provider were improper and void.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politi...tead-of-continuing-with-former-managing-agent