• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

That is the Singapore I like to remember

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151807224432034" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>,,,........

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great video with lots of old memories.
Few missing things are: -

>> Capitol Hall
>> Raffles Hotel
>> Boat Quey

Last part showing OTC is nice.
He was a real citizen leader.

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Teng Cheong was a people's leader. An upright man who dared to question the establishment. And the idiot oldfart never even give him a state funeral ..... this is a testament of how unforgiving the oldfart is.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ong Teng Cheong was a people's leader. An upright man who dared to question the establishment. And the idiot oldfart never even give him a state funeral ..... this is a testament of how unforgiving the oldfart is.

Upright my foot!!!! Where was he when LKY was using the ISA to wipe out the opposition? :rolleyes:

Where were his questions when Phay Yew Kok was allowed to sneak out of town to avoid any embarrassment and when Tan Wah Piow was framed for rioting? :rolleyes:

How upright was he when Christopher Lingle was prosecuted, convicted for libel, fined $70000, and sentenced to jail in 1994 for saying that some East Asian governments, the Singapore one included by implication, relied on a "compliant judiciary to bankrupt opposition politicians".

The conclusions you draw are typical of those who only know half the story or choose only the bits of history that reinforce their erroneous views.

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upright my foot!!!! Where was he when LKY was using the ISA to wipe out the opposition?
rolleyes.gif

Where were his questions when Phay Yew Kok was allowed to sneak out of town to avoid any embarrassment and when Tan Wah Piow was framed for rioting?
rolleyes.gif

How upright was he when Christopher Lingle was prosecuted, convicted for libel, fined $70000, and sentenced to jail in 1994 for saying that some East Asian governments, the Singapore one included by implication, relied on a "compliant judiciary to bankrupt opposition politicians".

In your line of reasoning, everyone should be implicated :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upright my foot!!!! Where was he when LKY was using the ISA to wipe out the opposition? :rolleyes:

Where were his questions when Phay Yew Kok was allowed to sneak out of town to avoid any embarrassment and when Tan Wah Piow was framed for rioting? :rolleyes:

The conclusions you draw are typical of those who only know half the story or choose only the bits of history that reinforce their erroneous views.

For a country like SG to be successful, some "lesser" mortals have to be sacrificed for the greater good of the majority. LKY would not have materialised this vision he had for SG with these people obstructing in his way. His vision has since bought us to the status we have today. Making us a shiny little red dot. Same like LKY, OTC has his own vision. However, to be able to achieve his vision he knew that he cannot go against LKY. He knew he has to be strong and powerful first before he can implement his ideas on this little red dot. However, LKY was never complacent. OTC never had his chance.

The above statements are all based on my own personal assumption only. :biggrin: