• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman to fill up Singapore President application form

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care about that botak ah-neh lah.
But I'd love to have breakfast with Mei-mei and Ah Soh at Taman Jurong kopitiam. I'm fact we can have supper there and hang out till morning since it's a 24-hr kopitiam. Some more got free Wi-Fi. Mei-mei, what you think? :wink: :biggrin:

Tharman 's kakis asked me to volunteer for PE rallies , me said ah soh old already...

Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-52-42-508-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-53-19-607-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-53-44-935-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother CCP is a vagina owner, just like Ah Soh....

4. OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT CASE​

In 1992, while serving as director of the Economics Department of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Mr Tharman was one of five people charged under the Official Secrets Act after the growth rate for Singapore’s economy in the second quarter of that year was published in the Business Times before it was revealed officially. The others included the newspaper's editor Patrick Daniel.

All five individuals were found guilty and fined. The courts could not prove that Mr Tharman actually communicated the confidential data to economist Manu Bhaskaran at a meeting, but he was found guilty of negligence and fined S$1,500.

Mr Tharman addressed his conviction while campaigning in the 2001 General Election.

Mr Tharman was quoted in the Business Times as saying: "No one concluded, including the court, that I had done anything deliberately. So my integrity was never challenged, never in doubt both during and after the case."

Responding to press queries separately, he added: "The facts are simply that I had a document with me at a meeting between MAS officials and the private sector. A private sector economist said he saw a figure from across the table. I did not give any official secret to anyone and the court records show this."

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - the Deputy Prime Minister at the time - said the PAP does not "write people off because of one mistake", according to the Business Times report.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotable Quote : " the PAP does not write people off because of one mistake " :tongue:

Meaning , bro Yang can return to SG ? :biggrin: