• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank you PAP, CAT A $77,201

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With that 77k in mind, what is the monthly equivalent to drive a kiap car? Including road tax, insurance, petrol, parking, ERP, etc etc.

Wouldn't that be a huge % of your disposable income?

But people are still bidding sky high? Where is the demand from? More rich people in Singapore?

Believe it or not but there are lots of rich people in Singapore plus PAP has been throwing PR and Singapore citizenship to well-to-do foreigners. Apart from these core wealthy Singaporeans who have been rather fortunate riding on wave of prosperity (postwar baby boomers), the younger generation of Singaporeans like AK is finding the going tough including the lower middle-income Singaporeans.

If you live in an HDB estate, you won't missed seeing the latest Mercs, BM's and Audis or even Range Rovers parked in these HDB carparks. How they managed you might ask? They have good jobs and they earned enough to afford. We all can and it is up to the younger generation to plan and think ahead as the older generations had done before them to earn a good living and be wealthy enough to afford the living standards being a Singaporean. The older generation were living in worse conditions before and they are now enjoying the fruits they sowed. It is all up to the individual to realise their dreams.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
With that 77k in mind, what is the monthly equivalent to drive a kiap car? Including road tax, insurance, petrol, parking, ERP, etc etc.

Wouldn't that be a huge % of your disposable income?

But people are still bidding sky high? Where is the demand from? More rich people in Singapore?

There will always be demand in tax havens. :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

me do not deny that there is a pocket of rich folks around, couple that with new immigrants with a deep pocket... tsk tsk tsk... our roads will be more crowded than ever...

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
me do not deny that there is a pocket of rich folks around, couple that with new immigrants with a deep pocket... tsk tsk tsk... our roads will be more crowded than ever...

I wonder if any data released - succesful bidders % Sinkies/PR/non residents?
I bet not.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you never receive calls and SMSes from banks asking you to take up loans ar? :confused::confused::confused:

Banks will supply you umbrellas when the sun shines but will take them away at the sign of dark clouds. I am glad I don't need loans for my needs. I don't even have a credit card.

jw5

Loyal
Banks will supply you umbrellas when the sun shines but will take them away at the sign of dark clouds. I am glad I don't need loans for my needs. I don't even have a credit card.

For certain apparel shops, the umbrellas become cheaper when it rains.

No credit card? So how did u pay for the InfP? by GIRO? :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe it or not but there are lots of rich people in Singapore plus PAP has been throwing PR and Singapore citizenship to well-to-do foreigners. Apart from these core wealthy Singaporeans who have been rather fortunate riding on wave of prosperity (postwar baby boomers), the younger generation of Singaporeans like AK is finding the going tough including the lower middle-income Singaporeans.

If you live in an HDB estate, you won't missed seeing the latest Mercs, BM's and Audis or even Range Rovers parked in these HDB carparks. How they managed you might ask? They have good jobs and they earned enough to afford. We all can and it is up to the younger generation to plan and think ahead as the older generations had done before them to earn a good living and be wealthy enough to afford the living standards being a Singaporean. The older generation were living in worse conditions before and they are now enjoying the fruits they sowed. It is all up to the individual to realise their dreams.

Don't forget the iPhones too. Singapore has the most number of iPhones per capita in the world. Singaporeans are all so rich, unlike Europeans who are so poor that they spend their holidays hunting for fish at their second homes in the countryside and have all their life savings locked up in pension funds instead of being used to invest in leasehold properties. PAP is the best! :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lucky you, in a cuntry where household debt as a percentage of disposable income is one of the highest in the world at 105%. That's how rich Singaporeans are. After all, when have you seen banks loaning to poor people? Majulah PAP! PAP is the best!

jw5

Loyal
Lucky you, in a cuntry where household debt as a percentage of disposable income is one of the highest in the world at 105%. That's how rich Singaporeans are. After all, when have you seen banks loaning to poor people? Majulah PAP! PAP is the best!

poor people can always go to licensed moneylenders mah! majullah pap!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I have seen my employees getting more debt-ridden from using their credit cards because they got attracted by banks handing out credit cards. I prefer paying cash for things I can afford rather than buying unnecessary stuff just because of easy credit. So I don't owe anyone anything and my house fully paid up. I sleep better at nights.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same situation. So far i m quite lucky. Yet to incur heavy lost. Just wait for the right timing lor. So long as one is having an existing car, there's no need to rush. My next one also don't know how.....:biggrin: The paper value depreciation is so high for new car. That kind of money can put into better use. Probably going back to 2nd car and wait again.:biggrin: Anyway, still got a couple of years more to go. No hurry. :biggrin:

What goes up will come down, COE prices cannot go up forever. Therefore, existing car owners should hang on for several years more for the turnaround.

V tough for those who are hoping to get their 1st car.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What goes up will come down, COE prices cannot go up forever. Therefore, existing car owners should hang on for several years more for the turnaround.

V tough for those who are hoping to get their 1st car.

My previous car I paid $85000 COE in 1995. It was even higher than today.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
123..HUAT AH...
very soon from mon to fri i will be standing behind the yellow line waiting for the MRT to arrive!..HUAT AH!
please dun push me into the track hor..HUAT AH!