• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai woman detained at Changi with 3.2kg of methamphetamine

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thai woman detained for drug trafficking
Published on Dec 27, 2012, ST
By Lim Yi Han

Checkpoint officers detained a Thai woman on Wednesday after they found 3.2kg of methamphetamine hydrochloride, also known as ice, in her haversack.

The 29-year-old suspect was at an immigration counter at Changi Airport Terminal 3, when officers from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) approached her for a routine baggage check.

They had discovered anomalies in the scanned images of her haversack, and when they opened it, found a package, wrapped in aluminium foil, hidden in side the inner linings of the haversack. There was another package, also wrapped in aluminium foil, hidden in the base cardboard of the haversack.

The woman and the two packages were handed over to the Central Narcotics Bureau for further investigations.

If convicted, she may face the death penalty under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Last edited:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP won't dare to kill too many foreigners one especially neighbouring nation - they'll say it's for personal consumption only, just a fine and verbal reprimand will do

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
After they eased up on the drug laws, by doing away with mandatory death penalty, many such cases now emerge within such a short space of time.

Congrats to the liberals!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao ... Just 500grams will " eat rope " that's crazy !!

The law had been applied unevenly though. There were cases in the past where the prosecution proceeded with a charge or 499grams when an accused was in possession of far more. I guess to remove this anomaly, AND also because many who were caught were foreigners, they decided to do away with MDP.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The law had been applied unevenly though. There were cases in the past where the prosecution proceeded with a charge or 499grams when an accused was in possession of far more. I guess to remove this anomaly, AND also because many who were caught were foreigners, they decided to do away with MDP.

I think the government knows that most drugs traffickers are foreigners .. Thats why they wanted to ease the death penalty for drug traffickers to maintain a good relationship with other country .. Since pap wanted more foreigners to come Singapore ..

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the government knows that most drugs traffickers are foreigners .. Thats why they wanted to ease the death penalty for drug traffickers to maintain a good relationship with other country .. Since pap wanted more foreigners to come Singapore ..

That's exactly it. The "pragmatic" PAP govt prefers not to have regular diplomatic spats with other countries.

But the local anti-death penalty lobby would of course claim credit for the change.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's exactly it. The "pragmatic" PAP govt prefers not to have regular diplomatic spats with other countries.

But the local anti-death penalty lobby would of course claim credit for the change.

That's why I don't believe in any politician .. All wangyang .