• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai girl said she was pushed onto MRT tracks, You believe?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
i_was_pushed_onto_mrt_tracks_says_thai_student-thumbnail.jpg

Did she fall or was she pushed?

This was the question yesterday on the first day of the trial involving a Thai teenager who lost both legs in a train accident.

Nitcharee Peneakchanasak is suing rail operator SMRT and the Land Transport Authority for negligence after she ended up on the tracks at Ang Mo Kio MRT station last year.

The 16-year-old, who wants $3.4 million in damages, claims she was pushed from the platform by jostling crowds and both organisations are at fault for not preventing this.

At the opening of the 15-day trial, she said there was a lot of pushing by waiting passengers which caused her to lose her balance before falling onto the tracks, into the path of an oncoming train.

She also maintained that she was standing behind the yellow safety line on the platform at all times.

But the lawyer for the defendants told the court that security camera footage at the station showed it was not crowded when the accident happened.

Mr Anparasan Kamachi asked to play the video in court. However, Nitcharee said through a Thai interpreter that she did not wish to watch it.

The judge in charge of the trial, Judicial Commissioner Vinodh Coomaraswamy, then told the lawyer to switch it off, saying: “I know it is necessary for you to show the video, but is it necessary for her to view it?”

Mr Anparasan obliged, before turning his attention to Nitcharee’s affidavit after the accident.

In it, she said she had noticed a large group of passengers quickly gathering behind her as the train was approaching the station.

She added that she had also felt other passengers in close contact to her. She then lost her balance and fell to the floor, before landing on the train tracks.

When asked why she lost her balance, Nitcharee said that she could not remember.

Mr Anparasan then referred to a medical report from Tan Tock Seng Hospital, in which the teenager said that she was feeling giddy that day and had accidentally fallen onto the tracks.

He supported his claim with past media reports stating that she had fallen due to giddiness. Nitcharee denied saying that and remained calm throughout the 80-minute cross-examination.

At the end of the first day of the trial, the teenager told The Straits Times through an interpreter that she felt relieved the cross- examination was finally over and she could return to Bangkok today.

When asked why she had requested not to watch the video, she replied: “It’s too traumatising to watch. I saw it once last year and it was too much for me to take.”

Nitcharee came to Singapore to learn English in March last year. She is now a Secondary 3 student in Bangkok. On the day of the accident, she had arranged to meet her friends for lunch at Funan DigitaLife Mall, before heading to East Coast Park.

Nitcharee had prosthetic legs fitted in July last year in Bangkok, and is now able to walk short distances. They were made in Germany and each cost 1 million baht (S$40,000). Part of her $3.4 million claim is to pay for 20 pairs of prosthetic legs that she will need over her lifetime.

The trial continues today.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's such an ungrateful liar! Inspite of all the help rendered to her. She admitted she fell on her own accord and now with $$ in her eyes, she's changing her story? She's so obviously coached what to say. The video says it all, she scared to see cos it tells the truth, let's hope our justice system is fool proof!

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's such an ungrateful liar! Inspite of all the help rendered to her. She admitted she fell on her own accord and now with $$ in her eyes, she's changing her story? She's so obviously coached what to say. The video says it all, she scared to see cos it tells the truth, let's hope our justice system is fool proof!

She is also afraid that when the video is shown, she will be crossed examined and then her whole farce will be exposed for all to see. No face to return home, exposed right on first day of trial.

She is obviously trying for a fast one in the hope of securing a big fat bundle from sinkieland so that she will live in the laps of luxury back in her own land. If she is allowed to get through with this scam, without doubt many others will be willing to suffer dismemberment to secure such $$$ by trying their luck. Let see how smrt or even SBS will get through these scams.

At the end of the day, who eventually will suffer and pay for these? Sinkiepores, obviously, as these additional costs will only be passed over to us by the smart million dollar mandarins in their ivory offices.

FOR ONE AND ALL TO NOTE IN READING THE ABOVE COMMENTS AND MY COMMENTS IN OTHER THREADS:

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY COMMENTS, JUST TOO BAD. GO FLY KITE AND GET A LIFE. :mad: DON'T HIDE BEHIND ANONIMITY AND ZAP ME TO REDUCE MY POINTS WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING A NAME OR LETTING ME KNOW WHY YOU ZAP ME. BLOODY LOW CLASS COWARDS.

I DO NOT CARE, ZAP ME IF YOU WISH, POINTS DON'T MATTER. THIS IS A FREE FORUM. ALL I WANT IS JUST TO EXPRESS MY VIEWS AND SAY MY PIECE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?, KNLBCCB TO ALL OF YOU WHO ZAPPED ME. FO.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore the country is like those clueless tourists who shop on the lower levels of SLS: if you can be 'tok', they will 'tok' you.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT should be responsible for anybody who falls into the tracks.

why? because they don't have barriers like those in the underground stations.

only after how many suicides, and falling into the tracks then SMRT erects those barriers.

SMRT should be sued for negligence. They should be liable.

easy win case for her. suiciders families should file a class action lawsuit against SMRT.

Last edited:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is disappointing that the JC did not allow the clip to be shown.

It was not shown in her presence but would still eventually be shown. This is a very very crucial piece of evidence against the scam.

I would like to thank those kind brothers who upped my points after my complaint above. It is a nice gesture.

Thanks also to the TS for his forebearance in having me to air such a complaint in his thread. :biggrin:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its the father the @sshole who coach her and left her alone in a foreign country. what do you expect from insurance agents. All see $$ only and think locals are stupid or cash cow. That's why I don't like the Thais. Full of Bullsh!t and hypocrisy. they don't dare try it at home. These people are no better than gangsters extortionists who try their luck. even after donations of hundred of thousands t from locals they are NOT grateful and want more. I'm sure the video shows she fall down herself. same for the rotary club guys who are probably Thais or businessmen with interests in thailand trying to curry favour. that's why I do not donate anymore.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of cos she was trying to get more money. No try won't know ma. If it's you, you too will be doing the same.
Of course she was coached what n how to say.

It is immaterial that she doesn't want to view the tape. The tape will be played n viewed in her absence.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of cos she was trying to get more money. No try won't know ma. If it's you, you too will be doing the same.
Of course she was coached what n how to say.

It is immaterial that she doesn't want to view the tape. The tape will be played n viewed in her absence.

If this case happens in Thailand or Malaysia, the CCTV video would be in Youtube already.
The father, being an insurance broker or agent, knows that compensation can be a lot more - especially for a multi-million dollar transport company and a multi-billion dollar government with one of the highest savings in the world.

Pity the girl who is so lively and cute in spite of her conditions. Tonychat would surely idolise her!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... that's why I do not donate anymore.

Many people are now more cautious about giving to charities.
They have heard about that golden tap affair:biggrin:

It's hard to tell which charities are legitimate. There are just too many "middle men" involved :rolleyes: An example is the Red Cross which includes many appointees from the PAP :(

monkey010

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT should be responsible for anybody who falls into the tracks.

why? because they don't have barriers like those in the underground stations.

only after how many suicides, and falling into the tracks then SMRT erects those barriers.

SMRT should be sued for negligence. They should be liable.

easy win case for her. suiciders families should file a class action lawsuit against SMRT.

this is right. one is correct. correction is needed here. the suicide barriers were not installed by pap. to correct it, we need to know what is bad. this is bad and not correct. she should have said so earlier to correct the bad. now the bad is here, can she now call it wrong. the girl is now not right. the wrong is here, so who now right to correct it. we now see the bad from the wrong. siucide is wrong.