• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tesla will sue you for US$50,000 if you try to resell your Cybertruck in the first year

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tesla will sue you for US$50,000 if you try to resell your Cybertruck in the first year

5dd76877fd9db2457947f3f3

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-sue-cybertruck-buyers-they-resell-in-first-year-2023-11

Tesla added a section titled “For Cybertruck Only” to its Motor Vehicle Order Agreement, which laid out the new rules.

“You agree that you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle’s delivery date,” it says.

“Tesla may seek injunctive relief to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand liquidated damages from you in the amount of $50,000 or the value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater. Tesla may also refuse to sell you any future vehicles,” it says.

But if a customer has a good reason to sell their Cybertruck, Tesla may agree to buy it back at the original price minus “$0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle to Tesla’s Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards.”

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of a similar incident when i was young, a Rolex distributor in Aust offered me a newer model rolex at a fairly attractive price.

The underlying condition is that he will only provide the box and receipt one year later. I believe the Rolex was real, and he explained that they were not supposed to sell to scrapers who will put newer mint models on the resale-market.

I didn't take the offer as i got to fly back to him a year later to collect the receipt and box, and I can't do tax refund at airport.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nutting new ...

sinkies can oni sel their newly bot palace after 5 loong ears ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you buy something but are restricted in how you are able to modify, use, buy or sell it... is it still really yours? :sneaky:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you buy something but are restricted in how you are able to modify, use, buy or sell it... is it still really yours? :sneaky:

Ferrari has a list of restrictions as to what "owners" can do with their cars too.