• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temesak among the top 10 bond holders of bankrupt Evergrande

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doubt it'll happen, but even if so, don't expect them to give money for free. It will cost you dearly, and I don't mean tax-related matters. :cool:
Will it?

I dunno. Canada is a very rich country. It just needs to sell more of its stuff.

In any case. I did not vote. No point lah. Living in Alberta is like living in Hougang political wise. Makes no difference if you vote or not already know the CPC will win in my riding.

Also even if whole of AB votes CPC it makes no difference to final ruling party. Election is decided by Ontario and Quebec.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you are reminded again why that "lady" who Buy high and sell low's salary is a state secret -I wonder if her KPI includes goodwill to countries where we import foreign talents -like in this case .
No doubt another of her famous long term investment with unlimited/perpetual time frame

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Evergrande is just the tip of the iceberg, the foreplay, the appetizer. More to come.

The more deeply invested in China you are, the more jialat it will be. In the end China's economy will be decoupled (脱钩)from the rest of the world: think North Korea.

On an individual level, you might be able to do something about it. For the buffoons at Temasek, that's beyond your control. Just take the appropriate measures to protect yourselves, and enjoy the shitshow. :biggrin:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evergrande is just the tip of the iceberg, the foreplay, the appetizer. More to come.

The more deeply invested in China you are, the more jialat it will be. In the end China's economy will be decoupled (脱钩)from the rest of the world: think North Korea.

On an individual level, you might be able to do something about it. For the buffoons at Temasek, that's beyond your control. Just take the appropriate measures to protect yourselves, and enjoy the shitshow. :biggrin:

The impact on US, China stock market was not huge last night. FX market also not crazy.
This black swan is not black enough?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, Temasek is supported by government, their subsidiaries get state-assets cheaply, grants, licenses, and financing cheaply. In many ways, Temasek operates recklessly like SIA, when times are good they reward themselves, when times are bad, they just average down.

Then GIC is quite different, their capital appears to be from our coffers directly.

Am i right that both's got different means of funding? Anyone can explain the difference between GIC and Temasek better to us? Thanks!

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, the Singapore government and Tenasek Holdings would kindly provide a summary of the realized and unrealized gains and losses since HC was appointed the CEO.
Regardless, HC should step down, and leave forthwith.
reveal those numbers and you will have a revolution on your hands.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you to a certain extent.

China's economy is not necessarily decoupled though. As you rightly pointed out, a lot of buffoons are heavily invested. Both Temasek and Blackrock.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, Temasek is supported by government, their subsidiaries get state-assets cheaply, grants, licenses, and financing cheaply. In many ways, Temasek operates recklessly like SIA, when times are good they reward themselves, when times are bad, they just average down.

Then GIC is quite different, their capital appears to be from our coffers directly.

Am i right that both's got different means of funding? Anyone can explain the difference between GIC and Temasek better to us? Thanks!
not 100% definitive info : Temasek is the public face of Singapore sovereign funds and more focused on returns. GIC is discretionary and more political in nature. i.e. may invest in lesser returns in exchange for less oversight.

Both are publicly funded. How exactly the paper trail is I dunno.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I truly surprised that market is so calm this time. Tot market is efficient and prices in everything hahaha
No. Markets are not 100% efficient despite what people like to say. In general markets usually tend to be efficient. And it is the normal case.

But mass psychosis and irrational behaviour abound. The markets in the last 10 years has followed general efficiency but are led by what I call virtue-signalling leaders. Entities that can subscribe to pop culture have established beyond normal gains. This was not the case pre-millenials. Before then, value investing was a bedrock rule.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. Markets are not 100% efficient despite what people like to say. In general markets usually tend to be efficient. And it is the normal case.

But mass psychosis and irrational behaviour abound. The markets in the last 10 years has followed general efficiency but are led by what I call virtue-signalling leaders. Entities that can subscribe to pop culture have established beyond normal gains. This was not the case pre-millenials. Before then, value investing was a bedrock rule.
Singapore didn't save Hyflux, rather go lose money to Evergrande.

Market didn't really crash this week, so I got a feeling that China will save Evergrande, assuming market prices in everything.