• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teflon Coated Pan & Wok & Pot - is it safe?

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I bought the Ceracraft brand and no regrets. Cast iron fryers are the best, ask any restaurant cook or even your old folks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Stop relying on metals and artificial materials. Cook with a claypot.

Always worry about clay because no idea the source of the clay. May have some metals or radiation or some shit in it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
U r really paranoid in yr old age...

Last time went China, saw many beautiful porcelain chinese tea sets and going damn cheap. Bought a few sets. Went to hotel chinese friend told me just use them for display I asked why she told me these cheap stuff may be made from soil next to bloody nuclear plants. He told me there are cases of radiation from these things. Knn I threw them all away and told myself never buy any earthen stuff from China again.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time went China, saw many beautiful porcelain chinese tea sets and going damn cheap. Bought a few sets. Went to hotel chinese friend told me just use them for display I asked why she told me these cheap stuff may be made from soil next to bloody nuclear plants. He told me there are cases of radiation from these things. Knn I threw them all away and told myself never buy any earthen stuff from China again.

I tend to agree with you, and I believe that "fine china" that are made in PRC may not be similar to the fine china made in Germany, Japan or the UK.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did u use a Geiger counter?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont worry lah.. of cos is safe, otherwise you wont be around typing off. and type so much somemore. it could b aphrodisiac effect.

if die hor... we will not know one lah. it will called virgin dick. or open virdick in short.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you're that worried about radiation buy yourself a Geiger counter and measure the radiation before you buy.

Clay comes from the earth. Good quality ones are beautiful and can last you a long time if you don't break them.

Food cooked in a claypot is tastier.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did u use a Geiger counter?

If you're that worried about radiation buy yourself a Geiger counter and measure the radiation before you buy.

Clay comes from the earth. Good quality ones are beautiful and can last you a long time if you don't break them.

Food cooked in a claypot is tastier.

Geiger meter can buy? Not controlled intem?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Geiger meter can buy? Not controlled intem?

http://www.testmeter.sg/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=139

soeks_defender_2.jpg

Heard of online shopping? Also 'controlled item' my lanjiao... it's a scientific equipment, just like a thermometer or voltmeter.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The best teapots are made of purple clay from Yixing in Jiangsu (even the prized Japanese teapots are made of Yixing clay) with antique ones dating back to the 15th century going for tens of thousands of dollars on Sotheby's or Christie's. One 1948 teapot even fetched $2 mil:

http://www.blouinartinfo.com/news/story/34957/how-a-chinese-teapot-fetched-2-million/

The best claypots are made from kaolin clay in the Maonan district in Guangdong.

To my knowledge, no nuclear tests are conducted within 5,000 km of either Jiangsu or Guangdong. Most of China's underground nuclear explosions are conducted in the Gobi desert and Xinjiang.

So eat and drink to your heart's content with clay utensils.:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
http://www.testmeter.sg/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=139

soeks_defender_2.jpg

Heard of online shopping? Also 'controlled item' my lanjiao... it's a scientific equipment, just like a thermometer or voltmeter.

The best teapots are made of purple clay from Yixing in Jiangsu (even the prized Japanese teapots are made of Yixing clay) with antique ones dating back to the 15th century going for tens of thousands of dollars on Sotheby's or Christie's. One 1948 teapot even fetched $2 mil:

http://www.blouinartinfo.com/news/story/34957/how-a-chinese-teapot-fetched-2-million/

The best claypots are made from kaolin clay in the Maonan district in Guangdong.

To my knowledge, no nuclear tests are conducted within 5,000 km of either Jiangsu or Guangdong. Most of China's underground nuclear explosions are conducted in the Gobi desert and Xinjiang.

So eat and drink to your heart's content with clay utensils.:smile:

Thanks to the two of you

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't know about radiation but must be careful about the lead. The lead might be from the glazes & decoration found on ceramics. The lead can leech into the food being cooked.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most delicious food is still cooked using this device. Teflon users will laugh at it being primitive and outdated but I have the final laugh.

Traditional-chinese-charcoal-stove-thumb1053972.jpg