• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Team doctor confirms Christian Eriksen was heading into the tunnel before resuscitation

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Denmark's Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest, was 'gone' before resuscitation - team doctor​

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen was "gone" before he was resuscitated after suffering a cardiac arrest, the team's doctor, Morten Boesen, said in a news conference Sunday.

Eriksen, 29, is in a stable condition after he was taken to a hospital in Copenhagen on Saturday after he collapsed on the pitch during Denmark's Euro 2020 opener against Finland.

"He was gone, and we did cardiac resuscitation. It was a cardiac arrest," Boesen said. "How close were we [to losing Eriksen]? I don't know.

"We got him back after one defibrillator, so that's quite fast. I'm not a cardiologist, so the details I will leave to the experts at the hospital."

The game between Denmark and Finland was halted in the 43rd minute following the incident and was resumed later Saturday, resulting in a 1-0 victory for the Fins with Eriksen being named star of the match.

Denmark boss Kasper Hjulmand said he thought it was wrong for players to be asked if they wanted to continue the match following the incident.

"I know it's very difficult," Hjulmand said. "But looking back it was the wrong thing to make the decision between the two scenarios to the players in this case.

"Players were in a shock condition. Players who didn't really know yet if they had lost their best friend. And they have to decide between these two things. And I have a sense that we shouldn't have played.

"I know it's difficult. It's just a feeling I have. Maybe we should have just gone on to the bus and gone home and let's see what the next days would have brought.

"That's just my feeling now, but I think it was a very, very tough decision that the players had to try to make a decision. I know it's difficult, but I have a sense that it was wrong for the players to be given this situation."

Eriksen had just played a short pass when he fell facedown onto the ground and was given urgent medical attention for around 10 minutes. UEFA announced shortly after that the game had been suspended.

The midfielder was eventually carried off to a loud ovation, with his teammates walking next to the stretcher.

UEFA said both teams had held an emergency meeting before deciding to continue playing, with Mathias Jensen replacing Eriksen in the lineup for the resumption of the fixture.

Hjulmand said the team spoke to Eriksen before resuming the game, adding that the Inter Milan midfielder was more focused on his teammates.

"Typically, Christian he was concerned about us and, of course, his family. He said 'I don't remember much' and 'I'm more concerned about you guys, how are you doing?' That's typical Christian. That just shows that these big players and their generosity. He's a hell of a player, but what a person he is as well."

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said in a statement on Saturday: "Moments like this put everything in life into perspective. I wish Christian a full and speedy recovery and pray his family has strength and faith."

Hjulmand said he will assess his players' readiness to play again before their Group B game against Belgium on Thursday. "We will try tomorrow to establish normality as much as is possible," Hjulmand added. "Players have different kinds of shocks and traumas and emotions.

"We will try to use the next couple of days as good as possible. I will try to get a feeling of the players. Maybe for some, the time is too short to be able to play football again.

"We will try to use it as a force to get even closer together and do our best in the next match. And I have a sense that we will be able to really get together and do our best. So try to reach normality in the training and do our best against Belgium."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sudden cardiac death. It happens. It can be anyone.

Including SAF army NSFs. But when it happens in the SAF it is bu ke yi.

Many other reports of sportsmen from many different sports dying from SCD. Just depends how high profile the sports person is in order to make the news.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest that some one out in the field know life saving skill.
So countries and clubs captains and vice captains need to learn life saving course.
I had also learned how to do various life saving skill when I was in SDCF for reservist. I was a first aider.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He had his covid shot on 31st May. You go figure!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_cardiac_death_of_athletes

All the above died before anyone heard of covid. Many soccer players.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Career over. Can fuck his chio bu wife daily without worrying to work. Migrate to Singapore or Thailand can relax for rest of life. Insurance payout gao gao.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest that some one out in the field know life saving skill.
So countries and clubs captains and vice captains need to learn life saving course.
I had also learned how to do various life saving skill when I was in SDCF for reservist. I was a first aider.
He sibeh heng there are doctors at these euro tournament matches. If it were a friendly game, a player suffering cardiac arrest go sell salted egg liao

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Career over. Can fuck his chio bu wife daily without worrying to work. Migrate to Singapore or Thailand can relax for rest of life. Insurance payout gao gao.
Actually it's a ticking time bomb. The EPL pro players at a top team can play 50 plus matches a season. Can be damaging to the cardiovascular system

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've never heard of this guy and people die daily so what's so special about his brush with death?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Actually it's a ticking time bomb. The EPL pro players at a top team can play 50 plus matches a season. Can be damaging to the cardiovascular system

They spend most of their just time wandering around the field so it can't be that strenuous.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just watch 5 minute of this and you'll see most of the time they're just walking around.
The indicator of cardio health is recovery after short bursts of exertion. These guys have to sprint and stop according to the tempo of the game and I guarantee you the typical cyclist won't be able to keep up with them.

Also, the Spanish and Italian leagues can't compare to the English league in terms of physicality. That's why English teams have been dominating European cups these few years.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is the reason we should not be too vigorous when exercising or playing sports. We could have an undetected underlying heart condition. So take it easy, don't exert too much stress on your heart. Save your heart muscles for wine, women, and smokes.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is the reason we should not be too vigorous when exercising or playing sports. We could have an undetected underlying heart condition. So take it easy, don't exert too much stress on your heart. Save your heart muscles for wine, women, and smokes.
This is the reason why tantric sex is the best, it promotes fairly good pump rate for the heart without causing too much additional stress, even during orgasm- there, finally got this load off :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The indicator of cardio health is recovery after short bursts of exertion. These guys have to sprint and stop according to the tempo of the game and I guarantee you the typical cyclist won't be able to keep up with them.

Also, the Spanish and Italian leagues can't compare to the English league in terms of physicality. That's why English teams have been dominating European cups these few years.
You obviously know bugger all about cycling. Hanging on to the bunch is all about lots of 100% efforts in a short period of time. Here’s my typical work out
4EC938FA-0CC4-4586-861C-20AC36C71156.jpeg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is the reason why tantric sex is the best, it promotes fairly good pump rate for the heart without causing too much additional stress, even during orgasm- there, finally got this load off :coffee::coffee::coffee:
I need to seriously get into this tantric sex thing. Appreciate your sharing, you have probably saved my life. And the lives of others!:biggrin::thumbsup:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I love sex, and certainly don’t wanna die cock stand at this age, imagine how embarrassing it would be if that happens :redface::redface::redface: